Hello Guest

Author Topic: Small prayer request  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
Small prayer request
« on: May 11, 2015, 05:34:27 PM »
Our beloved mut "buddy", resting in peace now. Full of cancer and just wouldn't be in his best interest to do anything other than put him down... Sad day :.(
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:03:50 PM by KensAuto »
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline Dustoff35

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Small prayer request
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 05:46:11 PM »
Prayers for your family.  Looks like he was well loved.

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 06:06:50 PM »
You bet, i'd be happy to. Prayers on the way
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 06:30:13 PM »
On the way.
Our 15 yrs border collie is really slowing down again.
This is coming to my family too.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 06:47:33 PM »
Prayers for you and your family Blaine:

They are never here long enough and give us their unconditional love and joy of life!  What other creature will eat the most godawful thing and revel in its flavor, roll in pungent substance and wriggle with joy while they share the stench with you?  We may yell and discipline them, yet they wag their tails and lick at us like it never happened!  I think it no coincidence that they share the same letters in their name as God, because that is how they love us, and many will lay down their lives for their families.

Here's a great link that sums it up better than just text:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lJ7AfSO2fKs

« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:51:10 PM by cudakidd53 »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 06:57:19 PM »
Awesome link Mike!
And how true all of it is.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 07:01:51 PM »
Your family has been through a lot as of late...

Father, thank you for this family, thank you for friendship. Thank you for allowing us to feel love and placing these precious friends in our lives who touch us as deeply as a brother or a mother. May they be comforted and may our friend pass in peace...Amen
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 08:52:37 PM »
Blaine,  The Lord indeed gives us comfort in many ways.  Animal companionship is one of those and seeing His hand it in make one want to praise Him all the more. He gave us domain over all the animals, and I believe that comes also with responsibility.  To not only treat them well, but to also recognize His hand in their creation and placement under our care and that He is in control of all things.

Matthew 10:28-31
8 Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 11:03:39 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 10:33:02 PM »
I know it is a hard time.  I am praying for you and your family.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Higher Caliber

• Registered
  • Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 09:52:37 PM »
Thanks a lot guys! Been rough! Crazy part is I think the 16 year old step son and I really had a bonding moment over the whole ordeal... Big tough kid he is actually let me put my arms around him. Was never like that even when he was little!
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 06:55:21 PM »
I'll be thinking about you guys. Been down that road too many times. Good Bless you and your family brother.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 09:32:14 PM »
Not to be a DOT, there are enough of those already.

I remember when my oldest cat, who we had 17 years, had to be put down.  It was my job to take her to the vet and I chose to hold her in my arms as they administered the lethal dose.  I'm not too proud to say I bawled like a baby when I saw the lights go out.  We'd had that cat since before any of our children were born.  I cracked up when the vet asked me to leave by the back door.  I told her "what??? you don't want me, a grown man, walking through the waiting room with a dead cat in a box crying like a baby???  What is that bad for business?

I buried her on my brother's farm, 30 paces from the back right corner of the shop building and I have a reminder set on my Outlook calendar every year on the date she passed.  That was 5 years ago and I still get choked up on that day each year.

May He give you comfort.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 09:33:36 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal