VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Vehicle Related Discussion

**UPDATED** Mrs. Stewie wants me in a larger vehicle

<< < (2/13) > >>

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: stlaser on April 07, 2018, 08:56:19 AM ---Stewie, I don’t care what has been fixed on a 6.0L ford I would not take one if you gave it to me & that’s after having towed with an 2004 flawlessly pulling a 16k enclosed trailer for over 150K before it started to try & put me in the poor house. Buyer beware

--- End quote ---
I concur with the bonehead!

that 6.0 truck is not a good one.

Had nine, I think in Kandahar. One got all blowed up, so that one doesn't count. During the first 1,000 miles, one experienced a trans failure. ANother lost the turbo. Several had a mysterious electrical issue which was traced to dust particles migrating into the electronics. Only three, I think made it the whole three years I was sown there working that project, and those truck almost never went outside the wire. Sad, sorry, sorry trucks. Bu comparison, we also had a fleet of 8.1 Suburbans. Only RPG's, pressure plate IED's and 7.62 stopped them, never a mechanical failure, not once!

stewie:
ok, let's bring it back.

so the mrs. stewie and i talked more. Since it will be a daily driver, too. it's going to be a 1/2 ton pickup. leaning towards the silverado.

longball:
I don’t know about the new Silverado’s but the last 5.3 I had got 14-15mph around town and 18+ on the highway. By comparison, the 2016 5.7 hemi I had and the 2011 5.0 I currently own get 13-14 around town and 16-17 on the highway. Doesn’t sound like much of a difference but the Silverado was a 2001 model.  Ford and dodge seem to be at least 10-15 years behind GM on fuel mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KensAuto:
^^^true story

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Farmer Jon:
If you don't care about having carpet and a cd player get a work truck package. They are way cheaper. It is hard to find a good used one tho. They are usually all beat up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version