TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

Big Dave's honey do's; what Big Dave does when handling/not handling twins

(1/110) > >>

Bigdave_185:
 Ok fellas.  I have posted this photo before I will again for example

From left to right.  Being right side of my black tool box to the wall is 7 feet.  2 feet minimum away from the wall for depth. My plan is to box in my compressor with a work bench.   
I have since removed the wheels and blocks ( hockey pucks will be here tomorrow ) to save me some height restrictions.   

1. What height should I make the bench assuming I have any choice of height I want.  Standing.  Not sitting

2. What wood from the local Home Depot should I use for my top.   

3. Should I do vertical supports to the ground or should I do angled to the wall then I have floor space ?

4.What have you all used in the past to mount a vice to the bench?
I have a vice it's kinda small 3 inch jaws. I want a bigger one. Harbor freight cheapos ok?

5. One of my favorite finds was and is my bench grinder it's amazing!   What should I do to mount it to my bench?

6.What good ideas can we come up with for the debris that comes out of the back of the grinder? My previous set up made a terrible mess of my painted garage walls and my bench.

7. I want to use peg board on the back wall and maybe screw a sheet of wood to the bottom of the metal cabinet so I can attach a work light of some kind.  Changes or other thought I should consider?

Keeping the early morning rolling, the afternoon hours snoring, the late night hours feeling the powers.

Bigdave_185:
Measurements in cabinet height tomorrow

Keeping the early morning rolling, the afternoon hours snoring, the late night hours feeling the powers.

Bigdave_185:
Found a free min.

Ok the from floor to top of the a/c is 37 inches.  The widest part of the a/c is 2ft.
The wall and the tool box is seven feet.   
The metal shelves are 57 inches from the floor.   Now that I look at this I think the bench will have a L shape to is down the side of the garage.   

JR:
Remember you are going to need airflow around that compressor.

Bigdave_185:
What would you define air flow as.   ? I had given thought to mounting a fan on the back portion ( cpu size ) for extra air but have since though that would be overkill. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version