TOOLS, CONSTRUCTION, ALTERNATIVE ENERGY > What are you building?

Adirondack Chair Project

(1/16) > >>

Flyin6:
This will be a project thread on how to build Adirondack chairs.

I did not invent these plans but sourced them from a talented lady who has a web site, "Skip to my Lou"

The classic and simple outdoorsy chairs are beautiful and very comfortable in my opinion and my plans have always been to make a bunch of them and set them about my farm and primary home. They make great house warming gifts as well and possible heirlooms for the kids/grandkids.

Here is a link to the website and free download of the plans for the chairs:

https://www.skiptomylou.org/free-adirondack-chair-plan-printable/

Flyin6:
Get the download, transfer it to a thumb drive and drive over to your nearby staples to have them printed on two 24" X 36" sheets

Flyin6:
Cut out the 12 patterns for the various pieces of the chair

Flyin6:
You can simply trace that out onto your materials or go one step further like I did.

My concept is to make many of these throughout the years as gifts, so I transferred the patterns onto some 1/8" masonite. I used some spray adhesive to permanently attach the paper, then cut out the sections on a jig saw

Flyin6:
Now this the cool part that both craftsmen and hippies alike will appreciate. Since I own a sawmill machine, I selected some Cedar trees, dropped them, then cut them up on the sawmill into 1" thick boards. I then further processed those rough cut boards squaring them up on a table saw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version