Hello Guest

Author Topic: Floyd protests...Paying attention?  (Read 968 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Floyd protests...Paying attention?
« on: May 29, 2020, 10:11:24 PM »
It only takes a single spark to set a whole forest ablaze.

Nationwide protests, I-75 shut down in Cincinnati.

There is much more in play here than just the death of one man.

We are seeing decades of anger and hatred and of ignorance. We are witnessing an asymmetric reaction to  a single event. An event news worthy enough to serve as that spark that angry people would love to fan into a full blown fire to serve their purposes. And their purposes are not good for the very people who are the most enraged. And they are not good for America either.

Emotion can be a dangerous thing, and that is what we are seeing here. I saw a woman waving a green/black/red flag. Is that a black power symbol? I think so, but honestly, am not sure.

I don't believe in black power. I don't believe in white power, or in mexican americans or in latin americans or white or black americans. I feel we are only Americans. Put a white and a black American together in a hootch where there are also Taliban warriors who just lost some of their number, and I'll bet those hajis will not take a moment to consider the men's skin tone as they peel it off their living bodies!

We are but one people, Americans and until somehow we gain the vision to see that, then divided we will remain. And as the old clichy so aptly says, divided we will fall.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Floyd protests...Paying attention?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 06:54:40 AM »
People being bussed into MN, same story different time line. A media that is implicate, again. Lack of law, lack of GOD. I’ll admit the video was awful, why did it take several days to arrest the offender, any non law enforcement would have been cuffed immediately. 

Nice to see a few armed Rednecks standing guard, we need some from various back grounds doing the same. During Rodney King it was the roof top Koreans, hard to say they were racist at the time. More, faster, the god fearing and moral people must stand up. More conversations standing your ground and not giving an inch. Our houses of worship need to lead much of this.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 08:48:01 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^Well said!^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 12:14:59 PM »
What ever happened to water cannons?  I’m all for peaceful protest as a right.  But there is no right to loot and burn.  Mow them down with a water cannon and arrest them and throw the book at them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 03:13:10 PM »
They are protesting here in Nebraska also. Omaha didnt get too out of hand. Broke some windows at Target. I did hear something about a convenience store in Lincoln being looted.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 09:47:50 AM »
Don did you read about the very peaceful protest here in ogden? 
This last week we had an officer shot while storming a home to protect a wife who called about her husband killing her.   

The city rallied the officer, has cared for the wife who is now safe.   
We had a protest/memorial yesterday and then just twenty minutes south stupid people in slc started the complete opposite.

Thankfully we have a very large capable police force.    Super happy my hometown city is beyond the others. 

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2020, 08:15:58 PM »
Governor just imposed an 8pm curfew in Arizona. I've never seen that before.
Hopefully I can pass through SLC Friday night with no issues. Dave, if you hear anything between now and then I would appreciate a sitrep.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 08:18:27 PM »
I wrote a new CIEMR that applies...I'll post it up

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2020, 09:41:06 PM »
Governor just imposed an 8pm curfew in Arizona. I've never seen that before.
Hopefully I can pass through SLC Friday night with no issues. Dave, if you hear anything between now and then I would appreciate a sitrep.
Ken I think you should be free n clear on our freeways.  But I’ll keep you posted.   

I honestly think people would have to be completely mental to try and stop I-15. That freeway is always running and Trucks don’t stop for that stuf

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2020, 09:54:59 PM »
Protesters stopped I-75 traffic.

Tonight: Teargas I'm hearing...will verify in the morning

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2020, 07:58:00 AM »
My gun guy posted this on Facebook. I wanted to share it. This is as good a place any.

BLACK LIVES DON'T MATTER, UNLESS THAT LIFE IS TAKEN BY A WHITE PERSON!!! 

That statement was spoken by a 68 year old black man from Omaha, Ne., sitting in my office this last sunday afternoon who was buying more firearms and ammo from me.  To give you a little history about this man and our history, I met this man in Omaha, Ne. in 1998.

We were both filling up with gas at a gas station, I had a magnetic sign on the side of my truck for my business. ELKHORN VALLEY OUTFITTERS & GUNSMITHING, below that in smaller print was West Point, Ne. What stood out to him was the VALLEY and the GUNSMITHING. So his first words to me was so you have a gun shop in Valley. I explained to him no in West Point. To make a long story short he needed some firearms worked on that he and his employees used in his line of business. I ended up working on his firearms and he has been a customer and friend ever since. Over the years he has bought firearms and ammo from me and we have spent hours and hours talking over the years.

This visit was no different, he was here for three and half hours and with his permission I'm going to share with you parts of that conversation.

After he made the statement I started this post out with I asked him why do you say that. He said because it's true, he said the number one killer of black people is black people. When the drug dealers and gangs kill each other there's no riots and protests. When drive by shootings end up in the death of innocent little girls and boys there's no riots or protests.

They have a candle light vigil for the dead child and complain that the cops aren't doing there jobs. Tell me why these people aren't buring down the drug dealers and gang members houses, why aren't they out beating them up and killing them. No instead they wait until a criminal is killed by a white person before they start burning and looting and killing innocent people who had nothing to do with the killing of that black criminal.

Then he asked me, when was the last time you seen white folk burning, looting and acting like idiots, when a black criminal killed a white person. Was there any burning, looting or anybody attacked or killed when that black guy killed that white female police officer in Omaha? Did they go burn his momma's house down, did they go to his neighborhood and start burning the houses and businesses. Nope, why because it doesn't do a dam bit of good to do such foolish things.

They say they want to be treated with respect, well respect is given when it is received. If he hadn't resisted arrest he would be sitting in jail a live and none of this would have happened. It's not like the officer pulled up and just shot him, he was doing his job, he was arresting him because he committed a crime. Had he not commited a crime the officer wouldn't have even been there. Had he just gotten into the cruiser when they tried putting him in there, but instead he fought with them. But they don't show you that part, they show you all the way up to where he starts to resist.

Then they show you the video with the officers knee on his neck, well now he's on the ground on the passenger side of the cruiser. The last part of the video they show before that is them trying to put him in the cruiser on the driver's side. Why don't they show you where he resisted and how he ended up on the other side and out in the street. The dam news media is so one sided, they just feed the anger with the misinformation.

Just look at the situation when the towers were blown up, they said they stopped show it because it was only causing anger. Yet, when some thing like this happens, they just show the part that causes the anger. They don't show where he resisted they don't show what really happened.

Yes, the officer was wrong, he needs to be held accountable and he will be. The government and courts will make sure of that and the rioting and looting isn't going to make that process happen any quicker if anything it's delaying it.

They say there afraid of the police, that the police are out to kill all of them. If that was true tell me why these cops aren't killing them while there looting, burning and destroying private and public property. Hell, they burned down the police station in Minnesota and not one black person was shot by the police. Some one comes to burn my business or my house, trust me I'll be shooting first and asking questions later.

Which is why I'm here buying more firearms and ammo, because I loaned what I had to my family and friends, both black and white. So they can protect themselves and there houses and businesses from those who claim to be out for justice. Why aren't the cops stopping these foolish acts right away, come in use force, arrest them.

You remember the L.A. riots, that went on for days, when they had burned everything in th black neighborhoods and business areas. What did they try to do, they started moving into other areas, when they tried moving into the Korean area. The Korean business owners took to the roofs of there businesses and started shooting and killing the looters as they came down the streets. They left the dead in the streets, it was a message to others not to come down that street and try to loot and it worked.

I'm a succesful black man who owns a business and I have white, black and hispanic employees. We all get along and work together, so don't tell me it can't be done. My customers are of all races and none of them treat me or my employees any different because of our race.

Yes, there is racism but it's not as bad as they want us all to believe. It surely isn't going to ever completely go away, there will always be ignorant people in this world. But it surely isn't going to get any better by looting, burning and acting like idiots.

As I sat here in this same spot that I'm sitting in right now typing this, I watched this mans emotions go from anger to sadness to anger and back to sadness.

When I asked him if I could share our conversation, he said  sure, just don't mention my name or my business name or even what my business is. The sad thing is I knew why, because he is afraid of the backlash he or his family may get because of the things he said.

From conversations he and I have had over the years I had remebered him telling me on more than one accasion that he always has to be careful of what he says. If it was just me he said, I wouldn't have a problem with it. But they won't come after just me they will target my business, which will put my employees and there family members and my family members into danger.

How terrible is that, that I have to fear people of my own race, because I'm willing to speak the truth. I'm willing to point out the fact, that they are a big part of why they are treated the way they say they don't want to be treated.

Right before he left we each reached out to shake each others hand,  he pulled me towards him and leaned over and gave me hug. I hugged him back and when he pulled away he had tears running down his face. Here stood this 6 foot 5 inch, 235 lb. man in tears. He grabbed his items and walked out of my house, I was speachless, I didn't know what to say to help comfort this man I consider a great man and friend.

Last year when the flooding happened I called him to see how his business fared with the flooding. He then asked me how things were here, when I told him I had 28 inches of water in my shop. He offered to come up and help in anyway he could, even though he had suffered damages also. There's a lot more to our past, but that's maybe for another time.

FYI, I sent this to him before I posted it here, he read it and called me tonight with his approval. He also asked if I was sure I wanted to post this, I asked him why wouldn't I. He said you realize you could get some back lash from posting this.

We had another long conversation tonight, discussing the things that have happened since he was here on Sunday and the things being said on TV. I just might be sharing his thoughts in another post.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2020, 11:19:34 AM »
I posted that on my facebook page. Needs widest disemenation. Truth is what matters and this man is full of it!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal