Hello Guest

Author Topic: vehicles we wish we had  (Read 15562 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: vehicles we wish we had
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2016, 01:41:21 PM »
If budget minded the 5.3 (326ci LMM)has better heads than the bigger motors and they get swapped into bigger disp motors.

So the stock 5.3 is around 300hp and is a little taller than car motors. Sometimes the pan needs changing (mine does) to fit in a car.

Nice is the truck based motors (tall intake-better torque) are cheap.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2016, 03:50:07 PM »
Great article....really amazing how strong those are. I would not have guessed that by any stretch. Very cool. And as you say- perfect for sleepers.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2016, 07:49:02 PM »
Some amazing pulls from the little 4.8.
Kind of shocked it didn't grenade, but a testament to their strength.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2016, 01:49:24 PM »
Thought that you guys might like this one that came in this week.  It's an Anniverary gold special edition. ..409...convertible. ..numbers matching. She brought 80k at auction.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2016, 05:12:06 PM »
I want this SOOOOO BAAAAAD!

2017 Power Wagon
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2016, 05:39:26 PM »
What kind of truck is that Don? I cant quite make it out on the tailgate.....

;D They are sweet for sure!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2016, 10:31:18 PM »
Don, don't you need to get your powerwagon (SQD) running first?
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2016, 11:09:23 PM »
and they let you touch it ken................?

I guess it helps when your the only one around that actually knows how to work on something like that.....;D
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2016, 01:38:38 PM »
I bet you can get that with the diesel too.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2016, 01:46:36 PM »
I bet you can get that with a diesel that runs too.
Fixed it for you JR

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2016, 01:58:19 PM »
LOL

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2016, 03:11:20 PM »
You people are ruthless!

Square D is a "Power Ram" BTW, and I will get it running, and running well, just not enough time to spend on it at the moment

I have a sense that we are headed for some real trouble as a nation starting with the RINO convention. If that thing goes against the apparent will of the majority of conservative Americans, we are going to see trouble.

I'm seeing the setup for a perfect storm which rides right into a revolution with Martial Law and everything else thrown in just for the heck of it.

Therefore I am full speed ahead to get that hide up and operational.

Looking at it, it is clear that we the people are no longer in charge of our nation. Establishment Republicans are no better then Democrats who would be happy as peach pie to just hand the keys over to any fringe freak show that happens to ask.

If Trump continues to carry the popular tide, and the establishment Reb's continue to deny what they are seeing, then the conservative half our nation will be wrecked. You can clearly see what the Sanders and Hillary crowd are like. I'd describe them as militant. Rioters in Baltimore and Ferguson are all Sanders people. Wanna give the keys to them? The more conservatives come out the more they are brazenly fighting. It will end badly if Trump is maneuvered by some rule out of the process, when so many fed up american s desperately need him and are really hanging their last hopes on him making it.

So he gets pushed out, and the next Bernie group that shows up to show their ass aren't going to be given a pass. My guess is best case, many are beaten or shot to death. The police will arrest some trump people who did it. They instantly become martyrs. and give people teetering on the edge a reason to decide, now is the time.

I'm telling you, and mark my words we are standing on the precipice of another civil war...just months away.

Martial law will be called, crime, mostly murder will soar to levels never before seen, and our cities will burn. I do not think we will ever recover, we have been too weakened to survive as a republic. Folks, gonna be every man for himself pdq, and for that reason, "I'm out!"

Hide site, then fun...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2016, 03:22:57 PM »
OK, power Wagon: If things moderate out and we have time, I have a plan.

I want to buy that exact truck. Same color, same everything. Prob a fabric interior.

I purchased my big J-deere tractor on credit...sort of.

It was a zero percent deal, so I took it and have been paying on it every month, dutifully.

It's gonna get paid off either this year or early next. as i get maybe 2 months out, I'm going to place the order for that truck. I'll never get out of payments, but the truck will show up and I'll start grinnin'!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2016, 03:31:32 PM »
I saw a couple of those PWs driving around this area. One of them didn't have stock exhaust and sounded real nice. When I was wandering around the local Ram dealership, they didn't have any PWs that I found, and I wanted to check them out.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2016, 03:45:30 PM »
I saw a couple of those PWs driving around this area. One of them didn't have stock exhaust and sounded real nice. When I was wandering around the local Ram dealership, they didn't have any PWs that I found, and I wanted to check them out.
They are as rare as hens teeth!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2016, 03:46:41 PM »
Oh just go buy the darn thing. But I just don't see you in a RED truck, saying here is Don. You seem more like the (when they see SD or Cmax) is who is that guy.

Yup, we have some problems ahead. Not sure if the Trumpster will bow out,but I would rather see Cruz. However I see no clear winner there and Ryan's name keeps coming up.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2016, 10:00:01 PM »
Oh just go buy the darn thing. But I just don't see you in a RED truck, saying here is Don. You seem more like the (when they see SD or Cmax) is who is that guy.

Yup, we have some problems ahead. Not sure if the Trumpster will bow out,but I would rather see Cruz. However I see no clear winner there and Ryan's name keeps coming up.

Ryan never campaigned, would be a RINO pick, thumbing their nose at the American people.

Any silly stuff like that is going to kick things off. People want trump. Just ask them, like most of them! Like Cruz or not, he is not the people's pick. He is not really liked by the RINOs. He is in play and getting support just to disrupt the trump movement. Kasik took money from Soros! Kasik is pro gun control !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump is the people's pick. He had better be given the nomination or else...

I like that red truck. Almost reddish orange. Says, "I don't care what you think...and I really don't, to the pebes, and well it's just 70's..."

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2016, 10:28:20 AM »

...... and well it's just 70's..."

With all those pesky electonic gizmos, you know, the things Big D despises?

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2016, 10:37:51 AM »
With all those pesky electonic gizmos, you know, the things Big D despises?

But the pilot in him will love all the switches, and buttons and displays.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2016, 02:59:54 PM »
I learned about a vehicle yesterday from a guy I met that I thought was pretty cool. And I thought of Koot and how this would be the ideal sleeper for Miss Kay....

The guy has a (63 or 64? I forget) Dodge Polara with a 426 Wedge. I never knew anything about the wedge and when he showed me the pics on his phone it was pretty cool. 

These are just ones I found online but definitely would fall into that sleeper category until you lit 'em up.

I thought the offsetting dual quads and the way the headers come up from the manifold is very cool.

A 426 Wedge:

A Polara:

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2016, 03:10:33 PM »
Nice! the intake manifold alone weighs more than most modern engines!

reminds me of my dads ol Dart with a 440.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2016, 03:50:31 PM »
There was a "Max Wedge" too - had two intakes the hung over the valve cover with intake runs to the opposite head with the intakes intertwining over the intake valley- square tubed exhaust that were wild looking too.  Love old MOPAR stuff-
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2016, 05:08:22 PM »
I think that one in the Polara is still considered a Max....any of them with a crossflow style intake.

Come on Mike, I'm not even a Dodge fan. :P

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2016, 05:26:48 PM »
Sorry Ken- on too many "Max Wedgies" in JR. High I guess......caused drain bammage!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal