Hello Guest

Author Topic: They do come back to you-  (Read 2748 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
They do come back to you-
« on: July 21, 2015, 06:42:56 PM »
Here are my two daughters at Taylor Swift concert last Sunday evening.  My oldest, Alexa, hated me due to the handy work of my practice wife, and my former mother-out-law.  Time, consistent message and expectations along with the birth of my youngest Madison, lifted the veil of lies and negative propaganda.

My point is, those with children with negative attitudes towards you, hold the course, remain consistent and loving as possible.  They do grow up and learn to think for themselves and come to realize your not as evil/stupid as they once thought.

2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: They do come back to you-
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 06:57:35 PM »
Nice work.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 07:16:49 PM »
Good to hear and see.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 07:18:34 PM »
True statement.  I tell my father often. "the older I get, the smarter you get"

From the time I was 16 to the time I was 23 I thought he was a moron and we had some tense moments.  I love him dearly and strive to be half the moron he seemed to be at the time.....

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2015, 07:28:48 PM »
Thank God. Keep up the good work.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 10:31:08 PM »
Persistence

Patience

God's love
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 07:21:02 AM »
Ya, forgot to mention the 7+ years of praying that preceded it working out!  You know it's Gods hand when the Ex- tearfully admits they were wrong; AND becomes a friend of your new family?!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Dustoff35

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 07:25:38 AM »
Encouraging words for those of us in the middle of it.

OldKooT

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2015, 11:05:53 AM »
dustoff.... We still have 4 teenage daughters in the house. Our oldest daughter is 25, married and has two kids. She went through a 5 year journey of thinking Dad was a real bummer. Now we are pretty good pals. I even mostly like her husband. 

The 4 that we have left at home are ages 18,16, and twins 14.  The 18 year old hates me, the 16 year old usually pretends to like me to annoy the 18 yr old, and the twins are for the most part my greatest fans. All 4 are step daughters to me and well.... it can be fun.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2015, 12:25:58 PM »
Dang norm, I thought I was the only one with 4 step daughters. All 4 left the house (2 of which are also twins) and one came back. It has been a heck of a ride I tell you.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

OldKooT

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2015, 01:13:32 PM »
I can relate Ken in a big way. And it's not over yet LoL 

My wife was a excellent step Mom to my 4 kids, the kids all think the world of her. Her kids have been good for the most part as well, and they and I get along great. If you don't count the one week a month when all 5 women in this house are in tune and then 4 of them think I am evil and out to ruin all their fun LoL

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 01:21:41 PM »
That's what shops are for right? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 01:23:34 PM »
Instead of Shark Week we have Shop Week. I like it!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

OldKooT

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2015, 01:32:34 PM »
I messed up on that account. The shop is not a safe zone in the slightest.

My wife being a firm believer that women should learn useful life skills declared many years ago all the girls will know the following.

How to shoot well, rifle, handgun, shot gun, bow.
How to weld, use a torch, solder, sweat pipe, and basic shop tool skills.
Basic machine maintenance
Hunting/fihsing, game prep.
How to drive LoL this last one being a bit amusing but a story it's self. 

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 02:17:51 PM »
It's tough raising up step daughters. With Emma, anytime she would start to have feelings for me, she felt like she was betraying her father. (Although she "hates him")

It got pretty uncomfortable around here for a couple years!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

OldKooT

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 02:44:40 PM »
Yeah we have had some of those similar issues with the girls as well. Their Father is US Army...Mr 5 tours in Iraq, probably the largest jack ass I have ever met. He often uses his Veteran status and Mil rank to try and excuse his poor skills as a human.

About 5 years ago he was running his mouth at Christmas and I told him politely to shush or he could leave. He then declared I wasn't going to show a battle hardened Army elite how to act. So my wife pipes up that she would like him to leave before the girls see him get hurt. He pushed her into the china hutch and I decided then and there the girls needed to understand about life, enough of this.

I called 911 declared we needed a ambulance for a domestic disturbance and hung up. In the end the girls came with Mom and bailed me out of jail. I paid his medical bills, and he now calls me sir. The kids, I was so worried about seemed to just accept he's a idiot but he's growing up a little now and well...it seems to have worked out. I do not however recommend this approach BTW.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 05:30:34 PM »
yeah I would have done the same unfortunately.

If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 09:01:11 PM »
I can relate Ken in a big way. And it's not over yet LoL 

My wife was a excellent step Mom to my 4 kids, the kids all think the world of her. Her kids have been good for the most part as well, and they and I get along great. If you don't count the one week a month when all 5 women in this house are in tune and then 4 of them think I am evil and out to ruin all their fun LoL

In the airline business there is a fix for that...

Once you learn the cycle, bid a 5 day trip for that timeframe the following month!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Higher Caliber

• Staunch UP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2015, 06:09:35 AM »
Yeah we have had some of those similar issues with the girls as well. Their Father is US Army...Mr 5 tours in Iraq, probably the largest jack ass I have ever met. He often uses his Veteran status and Mil rank to try and excuse his poor skills as a human.

About 5 years ago he was running his mouth at Christmas and I told him politely to shush or he could leave. He then declared I wasn't going to show a battle hardened Army elite how to act. So my wife pipes up that she would like him to leave before the girls see him get hurt. He pushed her into the china hutch and I decided then and there the girls needed to understand about life, enough of this.

I called 911 declared we needed a ambulance for a domestic disturbance and hung up. In the end the girls came with Mom and bailed me out of jail. I paid his medical bills, and he now calls me sir. The kids, I was so worried about seemed to just accept he's a idiot but he's growing up a little now and well...it seems to have worked out. I do not however recommend this approach BTW.

this is why we cant have nice things... china hutch ok??
"Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of sheep"

Molon Labe!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal