Hello Guest

Author Topic: Word(s) of the day  (Read 94027 times)

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Word(s) of the day
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2015, 08:23:06 PM »
We lost another fine man last week across the pond.
Seen this and though how appropriate.

John 15:13

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down ones life for ones friends.

Rest easy Sgt. Doiron.
I share in this loss too. It will always stick in my mind the first time I saw a Canadian soldier being carried across Kilo ramp in Kandahar in silence with a thousand plus fellow soldiers standing there in the heat...
He is a loss to all of us

Sgt. Doiron was originally from a town only about an hours drive from where I live. Though I did not know him, in smaller towns such as that, everyone always knows someone who has been affected by such a loss. Thank you for your service Sgt. Doiron, we will remember.

Offline rcampbell

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2015, 08:36:19 PM »
Psalm 18:31-36New International Version (NIV)

31 For who is God besides the Lord?
    And who is the Rock except our God?
32 It is God who arms me with strength
    and keeps my way secure.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
    he causes me to stand on the heights.
34 He trains my hands for battle;
    my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
35 You make your saving help my shield,
    and your right hand sustains me;
    your help has made me great.
36 You provide a broad path for my feet,
    so that my ankles do not give way.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2016, 10:42:21 AM »
Ephesians 5:6-14

Get up, sleeper, and rise up from the dead,
and the Messiah will shine on you

Light versus Darkness

6 Let no one deceive you with empty arguments, for God’s wrath is coming on the disobedient because of these things  7 Therefore, do not become their partners.  8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light—  9 for the fruit of the light[c] results in all goodness, righteousness, and truth—  10 discerning what is pleasing to the Lord.  11 Don’t participate in the fruitless works of darkness, but instead expose them.  12 For it is shameful even to mention what is done by them in secret.  13 Everything exposed by the light is made clear,  14 for what makes everything clear is light. Therefore it is said:

Get up, sleeper, and rise up from the dead,
and the Messiah will shine on you
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 10:43:05 AM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2016, 07:23:42 PM »
Hebrews 9

, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2016, 09:50:16 AM »
Came to me again!

Ephesians 5: 3-18

3 But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.[a] 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. 7 Therefore do not be partners with them.

8 For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord. 11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. 13 But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. 14 This is why it is said:

“Wake up, sleeper,
    rise from the dead,
    and Christ will shine on you.”

15 Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. 18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 1

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2016, 10:43:37 AM »
The truth is, many today are told that they are saved because of some followed formula; but Jesus said believers would be known by their fruits, not by their human works (Matthew 7:16 [25]). He also said, in Matthew 7:21-23 [26], “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven; but the one doing the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? And in your name did we not cast out demons? And in your name did many works of power?’ And then I will confess to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, the ones working lawlessness.’”

backsliding is not found in the New Testament and is never applied to the believer in Christ. It is strictly an Old Testament term describing the Children of Israel.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2016, 08:23:53 AM »
“Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and he will act.” (Psalm 37:5)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2016, 09:14:53 AM »
In honor of yesterday:

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

4Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, 6does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; 7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

(Always an area I can work more diligently at)  ::)
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2016, 08:33:28 AM »
Start your day right

Read the bible every morning

Matthew 5:16 “In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven”
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:45:19 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2016, 08:40:46 AM »
35 "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?  Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?  36 As it is written, "for your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered." 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.  38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 8 35-39
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2016, 08:44:25 PM »
Romans 1:18-20
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth [l]in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident [m]within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2016, 09:48:50 AM »
1 Timothy 4;8
for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and for the life to come.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline fenriswolf039

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2016, 03:32:25 PM »
I didn't read through all the posts, but Isaiah always rings a bell in my heart...

Isaiah 53:6

We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
    each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
    the iniquity of us all.

Offline fenriswolf039

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 11, 2016, 03:41:19 PM »
The time is nigh.  In our lifetimes?  Perhaps.

Revelation 9:1-6

9 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6 And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 16, 2016, 09:18:08 AM »
As I read that again, the image of missle silos and neuclear weapons pops up......but who knows other than God.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2016, 10:22:23 AM »
As I read that again, the image of missle silos and neuclear weapons pops up......but who knows other than God.

I have had the exact same thought
Will start another thread explaining...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2016, 09:11:00 AM »
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2016, 07:40:35 AM »
 Eph 1:11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline fenriswolf039

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 02, 2016, 09:34:02 AM »
John chapter 5

5:1 After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.

2 Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.

3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.

4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

5 And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.

6 When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?

7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.

8 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.

9 And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.

10 The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed.

11 He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.

12 Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?

13 And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.

14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

15 The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.

16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2016, 10:57:54 AM »
1 Timothy 4:1

4 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2016, 09:39:33 AM »
Malachi 3:10-12New International Version (NIV)

10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2016, 10:18:44 AM »
Proverbs 18:10 NIV

10 The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2016, 08:34:27 AM »
Psalm 119

1 Joyful are people of integrity,
    who follow the instructions of the Lord.
2 Joyful are those who obey his laws
    and search for him with all their hearts.
3 They do not compromise with evil,
    and they walk only in his paths.
4 You have charged us
    to keep your commandments carefully.
5 Oh, that my actions would consistently
    reflect your decrees!
6 Then I will not be ashamed
    when I compare my life with your commands.
7 As I learn your righteous regulations,
    I will thank you by living as I should!
8 I will obey your decrees.
    Please don’t give up on me!
9 How can a young person stay pure?
    By obeying your word.
10 I have tried hard to find you—
    don’t let me wander from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart,
    that I might not sin against you.
12 I praise you, O Lord;
    teach me your decrees.
13 I have recited aloud
    all the regulations you have given us.
14 I have rejoiced in your laws
    as much as in riches.
15 I will study your commandments
    and reflect on your ways.
16 I will delight in your decrees
    and not forget your word.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2016, 08:50:42 AM »
Joshua 1

7 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2016, 07:55:35 AM »
Nahum 1:7 (NIV)

The Lord is good,
    a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2016, 07:45:19 AM »
Rejoice always,  pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-28
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:58:35 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2016, 11:51:21 AM »
I actually woke up repeating the first verse of Psalm 23!!!

Didn't recognize it at first, but when I looked it up, I was so pleasantly surprised

Psalm 23

1{A Psalm of David.} The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 22, 2016, 09:57:04 AM »
Another Psalm...

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2016, 08:41:03 AM »
Psalms 119:9
How can a young man keep his way pure? By Guarding it according to your word.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2016, 08:47:19 AM »
A Psalm of David.

1 O LORD, I call upon You; hasten to me!
         Give ear to my voice when I call to You!

2 May my prayer be counted as incense before You;
         The lifting up of my hands as the evening offering.

3 Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth;
         Keep watch over the door of my lips.

4 Do not incline my heart to any evil thing,
         To practice deeds of wickedness
         With men who do iniquity;
         And do not let me eat of their delicacies.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 28, 2016, 09:27:18 AM »
Romans 10:9-10

9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Yippee!
The yippee part is not in the bible, well, not the exact word Yippee. But I think the saints when thinking of what Jesus did for us, were writing elaborate verses that all distill down into a fundamental happiness which, I, a consummate country boy sum up as

YIPPEE!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2017, 09:05:20 AM »
James 1

6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 7 That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord.

22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. 23 Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror 24 and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2017, 09:22:34 AM »
Have you never heard?
Have you never understood?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
29 He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

Isiah 40:28-31

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2017, 09:15:21 PM »
Titus 3

Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, 2 to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men. 3 For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another. 4 But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, 5 He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs [a]according to the hope of eternal life.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2017, 07:40:33 AM »
Ephesians 4:1 ►

As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2017, 12:19:51 PM »
Job 5:19-22

“From six calamities he will rescue you; in seven no harm will touch you. In famine he will deliver you from death, and in battle from the stroke of the sword. You will be protected from the lash of the tongue, and need not fear when destruction comes. You will laugh at destruction and famine, and need not fear the wild animals.”

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2017, 10:51:49 AM »
Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Psalm 91 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust... (read the rest)

Psalm 27:13-14  I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

Isaiah 54:16-17  See, it is I who created the blacksmith who fans the coals into flame and forges a weapon fit for its work. And it is I who have created the destroyer to wreak havoc; no weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me, declares the LORD.

Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes, fear the LORD and shun evil.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 10:59:13 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2017, 05:53:26 PM »
James 2:19  You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2017, 09:47:09 AM »
For God's full blessing, pray this (On your knees) every day...

Just do it and watch

Ephesians 3:14-19  Paul's prayer for the gentiles:

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2017, 03:22:01 PM »
 Eph 1:3-7

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4  just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before *Him. In love 5  He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, 6  to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved. 7  In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2017, 08:04:09 AM »
Psalm 118:6-9

6 The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
    What can mere mortals do to me?
7 The Lord is with me; he is my helper.
    I look in triumph on my enemies.

8 It is better to take refuge in the Lord
    than to trust in humans.
9 It is better to take refuge in the Lord
    than to trust in princes.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2017, 11:48:12 AM »
Acts 20:24

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2017, 02:11:15 PM »
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2017, 07:56:49 AM »
Colossians 3:5-10

5 Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. 7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2017, 09:44:43 AM »
Wisdom

Proverbs 3:1-2
My son, do not forget my teaching
but keep my commands in your heart
For they will prolong your life many years
And bring you peace and prosperity

Proverbs 4:2
I give you sound learning
So, do not forsake my teaching

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2017, 09:50:41 AM »
More like the daily reading than the word for the day, but get this in your heart and your life will be on cruise control toward righteousness!

Proverbs 2 (NIV)

1 My son, if you accept my words
    and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to wisdom
    and applying your heart to understanding
3 indeed, if you call out for insight
    and cry aloud for understanding,
4 and if you look for it as for silver
    and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord
    and find the knowledge of God.
6 For the Lord gives wisdom;
    from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7 He holds success in store for the upright,
    he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8 for he guards the course of the just
    and protects the way of his faithful ones.
9 Then you will understand what is right and just
    and fair, every good path.
10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
    and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.
11 Discretion will protect you,
    and understanding will guard you.
12 Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men,
    from men whose words are perverse,
13 who have left the straight paths
    to walk in dark ways,
14 who delight in doing wrong
    and rejoice in the perverseness of evil,
15 whose paths are crooked
    and who are devious in their ways.
16 Wisdom will save you also from the adulterous woman,
    from the wayward woman with her seductive words,
17 who has left the partner of her youth
    and ignored the covenant she made before God.
18 Surely her house leads down to death
    and her paths to the spirits of the dead.
19 None who go to her return
    or attain the paths of life.
20 Thus you will walk in the ways of the good
    and keep to the paths of the righteous.
21 For the upright will live in the land,
    and the blameless will remain in it;
22 but the wicked will be cut off from the land,
    and the unfaithful will be torn from it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:53:44 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 01, 2017, 07:24:26 PM »
At times we struggle with the government we have and this was the basis of the lesson at our house today.

All government, not just the ones we agree with, are ordained by God. And we are called to be subject to them, UNTIL their laws conflict with God's laws.  Yes that means, dictatorships, communism, and even Hitler were ordained, not just permitted.

Food for thought. 

Be Subject to Government

13 Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. 3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; 4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil. 5 Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience’ sake. 6 For because of this you also pay taxes, for rulers are servants of God, devoting themselves to this very thing. 7 Render to all what is due them: tax to whom tax is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2017, 06:59:56 PM »
We had an interesting conversation about lost siblings, those in the family who have fallen away from the lord.   It was pointed out that even or father lost children, those who followed Satan could be viewed as lost children who fell away from the lord.   Interesting thought for sure

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2018, 07:36:56 AM »
The Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in Him.

Psalm 32:10
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2018, 08:51:33 AM »
It is with your heart that you believe.  Romans 10:10
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal