PERSONAL READINESS > Medical Corner

The Remedy Thread

(1/3) > >>

Flyin6:
OK Ladies and Gents, here's how this works

You can post up your favorite, tested and proven to work remedy here. This thread is a sticky from its inception so that we can have a quick reference to what I hope is a world of remedies.
No additional comments please. They will be deleted so as to keep the "Reference Library" feel to this thread.
An alternative would be to start a new thread on say "Chicken soup for a cold" and chat it up there. I will cut and paste the actual remedy here to keep this a chat free/information rich thread
Cool?
Well Post em up!

Flyin6:
Silver coin in milk will keep it fresher, longer

Placing a silver coin into your milk carton will keep it fresh much longer. Silver kills bacteria on contact, it's like nerve gas on the germs. Before the frig and ice box, this was how people keep milk drinkable longer

Dawg25385:
A little dab of bleach will take the sting out of a bee sting

cudakidd53:
Canker Sore/Bit Lip - (nasty, light up your life, inside the mouth catch it every time you chew?)

PLAIN WHITE ASPRIN - not coated etc.  Moisten it with tap water and place it on your finger, apply directly to the sore/chomp mark and hold for a few moments - until goodly amount fills depression and remove remainder.  After the initial pain subsides, stops hurting and heals very quickly.  Might take two - three days with a single application each day, or if you can stand it twice daily. Tastes nasty (asprin) but works!

Wilbur:
I have bad arthritic knees and find Aleve (I use the generic naproxin sodium) works better at relieving the pain than any other analgesic (Ibuprofin, Tylenol or Aspirin). Was recommended to me by a friend when I hurt my back who said it is the only thing he uses for his back pain (construction guy). I tweak my knees a couple of times a year and I take 2 the first day (together) then 1 a day after that for a couple of days. Always works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version