Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1328616 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #7300 on: August 09, 2018, 06:37:57 AM »
Dave what was the though putting the new jack on the side instead of the front like the old one?  Did you get a drop leg?

Longball. Shooting suppressed is the only way to go. Of all he things I have that go bang I love my little Ruger 22lr bull barrel with suppressor. 

Mike congrats on the grand baby.  It’s a regular arcade up there in Chicago. Love hearing all the libtards talk about needing more gun control.

Ryan glad you’re having a great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #7301 on: August 09, 2018, 06:58:11 AM »
We have a cool event happening at work today. It is Wind Appreciation week. For Power that is. Not Wyoming style.

We have a 59 meter long blade in our parking lot for visitor to view as well as the Schnabel tower trailer hooked up to the truck with the big sign.

:likebutton:

That is pretty impressive. I see them all time. They are building a bunch of windmills up here by me. What is really neat is the big Oshkosh 6x6 trucks and the 14 ft wide trailers that carry the generators. I never did get a picture of one.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: August 09, 2018, 07:54:05 AM »
Of course it’s a drop leg bully brand label says 8000 k.   

Inside the rail to center the lifting point more I guess.  My enclosed trailer that has all of my house stuff in it,  I have it on the outside and it leans my trailer to one side and I don’t like it.    I’ll take a photo today if I remember

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: August 09, 2018, 09:42:47 AM »
So, been awol for awhile, to the point Don feared that I'd fallen pray to the strict gun control measures that keep Chicago safe over the past weekend.  Truth be told, I've been practicing for retirement!  Chased dogs around So. Missouri for 25 days staying in the camper, payed off the Dmax, bought the wife a new to us Acura MDX with me keeping the old one, actually had a horse go full blown rodeo on me without warning to the point that I chose to get off before playing superman, and best of all, met my grandson Toan for the first time!  His mother (my oldest) and husband live in Detroit......go figure, I was safer in DETROIT than Chicago!?  Tomorrow, is my LAST first day of school marking the end of summer until next year when I get to live the dream of Endless Summer......wasn't that a Beach Boys song/album?
How do you pronounce that name of your grand son? I have a friend named Roan, Row-N.     Is it Toa-N or tone?

Tone, like voice to text tries to piss my daughter off when I us it! LOL-
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: August 09, 2018, 10:40:11 AM »
In Park City, UT for a couple days. I gotta say, Dave, Utah wasn’t very welcoming. I didn’t see a “welcome to Utah” sign on I-15 when coming in from Idaho. :P

What is with the weird left turn lanes?? Wife had us go by the “Up” house out in Riverton/Herriman first and came across these a few times.

We never said welcome because we get to many from Tate and Jrs side of the world and don’t need them staying

They have tried some off ball things like that.  Four leaf clover things that are weird U turns.  Not sure what the hell actually

These things are supper comical to watch big trucks go through. 

Lol I hear ya there. Too many coming to Oregon and WA as well. Sister told us the SLC is one of the fastest growing cities at the moment.

Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7305 on: August 09, 2018, 10:50:26 AM »
Ugh. Tried multiple times to post and each failed, yet succeeded. Sorry for the clutter.

Ryan

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: August 09, 2018, 12:05:16 PM »
Fixed it. I completely concur. but as I move further north away from the city I seem to get some much needed space from those invaders, but then I run into the Can-Asians, (read china, korea, japan, india, full tour busses 6-10 at a time on a busy weekend) that come down from Vancouver to shop at the outlet malls on their way to ride the ducks in seattle and f-up traffic.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: August 09, 2018, 01:53:49 PM »
little testy tate
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7308 on: August 09, 2018, 02:28:39 PM »
As seen in Missouri while I was there - Duck rides might not be so popular anymore!  Who’s the dumb ass who thought windows on the side was a good idea?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7309 on: August 09, 2018, 02:31:24 PM »
I keep getting errors when I post a photo

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: August 09, 2018, 04:33:29 PM »
59 metres? WTH!! ...Didn't know they made them that huge here in the states.
Sounds like a blast Bear. He will remember that day the rest of his life.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Trying to think of an H joke... nope..

They are made in Fort Madison, IA at a Siemans plant.

'Merica!  :beercheers:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: August 09, 2018, 04:40:42 PM »
Mike, I think the joke ends at where they're made.  :embarrassed:
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: August 09, 2018, 04:45:00 PM »
So true! LOL
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: August 09, 2018, 04:46:19 PM »
I keep getting errors when I post a photo

you have to empty the cache files and the cookies that are stored on your computer.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: August 09, 2018, 05:16:49 PM »
If I was on my computer I would try that.   Never on the net on my laptop. Cell only

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7315 on: August 09, 2018, 05:53:25 PM »
you may have to do a hard restart of your phone or change it to "desktop site" in the options before you write the post and try to submit it.

if you still have issues with this later this evening, shoot me a txt and ill call you and see what we can do to fix the issue.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: August 09, 2018, 08:16:03 PM »
I compared the level of the concrete to the angle the trailer is sitting at,   I than put the trailer on a block resting at the tongue,   The trailer levels out a bunch.

I put the jack in the middle to get it closer to the center with out smacking the V with the crank since my boss insists on the top instead of the side crank that I prefer.   

It works now for some reason

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: August 09, 2018, 10:29:27 PM »
I’m debating a new tongue jack on my trailer.  I thought about a side crank but then you have to be on that one side where a top can be cranked from both sides.

Spent 11 h0urs on the road today going to the BILs and retrieving my other parts of my reloading gear.  I forgot what all I had down there. I must have been hoarding 4 years ago when primers and powder were hard to come by.  20,000 primers and 60lbs of powder a bunch of projectiles and more once fired lake city brass that I could count.....add that to the big ol pile of stuff I took from our laundry room....lol the wife doesn’t know what to do with all that extra space now

I need to wrap these projects so I can get back to shooting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:30:25 PM by TexasRedNeck »
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: August 09, 2018, 10:42:42 PM »
Eventful day, Jeep is still down waiting on DS which is supposed to show up tomorrow if fedex doesn’t screw that up & I’m not hopeful.

So took my better half to work, on the way there one of my moms friends called. My mother lost her mind, literally did not know where she was or who she was but she thought she was 24! EMS took her to hospital, initially they thought she had a stroke although she had passed all the cognitive tests, raise arms, smile etc.

So after several hours & speaking with a neighbor friend we think she had a severe migraine, potentially took too many of some med as well. As of this evening she knew who she was & who my wife and I are. Kudos to my wife and her management / nurse skills. I had to go to the mountain to pick up the lathe & was out of cell service most of the day.

I got this inspected and picked up

On way home grabbed wife unit & we discussed my mom further. She is 69, for some time we’ve questioned if she didn’t have early onset Alzheimer’s? So she was also diagnosed with a UTI, my nurse wife read directly from an Alzheimer’s website that in elderly with early onset getting a UTI can cause the dementia to is essence flare up. So there’s that, she was admitted and will be let go tomorrow. They ran some tests, mri & blood work up. So we’ll see where this goes.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:43:19 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7319 on: August 10, 2018, 01:25:36 AM »
Can't tell what the Lathe is. I have always wanted a nice Clausing, but then I can't complain about Emco at all.

Congrads on the grandkid. Wait til he walks!

We have those windmills all over here, hate em and if the gov was financing they wouldn't go up at all. They just don't produce enough.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7320 on: August 10, 2018, 01:37:29 AM »
Wen't camping, fishing, shooting with the kids. They mostly played on kayaks and caught water snakes.

We shot the ruger 22/45, henry lever 22 youth and mossberg 500 a little. I shot a whirly toy out of the air and they loved it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:38:20 AM by JR »

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: August 10, 2018, 06:20:39 AM »
Eventful day, Jeep is still down waiting on DS which is supposed to show up tomorrow if fedex doesn’t screw that up & I’m not hopeful.

So took my better half to work, on the way there one of my moms friends called. My mother lost her mind, literally did not know where she was or who she was but she thought she was 24! EMS took her to hospital, initially they thought she had a stroke although she had passed all the cognitive tests, raise arms, smile etc.

So after several hours & speaking with a neighbor friend we think she had a severe migraine, potentially took too many of some med as well. As of this evening she knew who she was & who my wife and I are. Kudos to my wife and her management / nurse skills. I had to go to the mountain to pick up the lathe & was out of cell service most of the day.

On way home grabbed wife unit & we discussed my mom further. She is 69, for some time we’ve questioned if she didn’t have early onset Alzheimer’s? So she was also diagnosed with a UTI, my nurse wife read directly from an Alzheimer’s website that in elderly with early onset getting a UTI can cause the dementia to is essence flare up. So there’s that, she was admitted and will be let go tomorrow. They ran some tests, mri & blood work up. So we’ll see where this goes.
I’ve seen uti cause altered mental status on several occasions. I can see where it could cause an increase in the outwardly visible symptoms if one were suffering from dementia but I don’t think it’s necessarily an indicator of the disease.

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: August 10, 2018, 06:23:57 AM »
As seen in Missouri while I was there - Duck rides might not be so popular anymore!  Who’s the dumb ass who thought windows on the side was a good idea?
I grew up in southern Missouri and remember seeing those boats all the time when I was a kid. When I first heard about that tragedy I could not understand how so many people died. All the ones I ever saw were open tops with just a canopy. When I saw the video later it all made sense. The thing they were riding in the day it sank was a death trap.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: August 10, 2018, 06:50:20 AM »

I’ve seen uti cause altered mental status on several occasions. I can see where it could cause an increase in the outwardly visible symptoms if one were suffering from dementia but I don’t think it’s necessarily an indicator of the disease.

I would agree to an extent. This is just another odd event, several people around her have come to my wife and I concerned here in the last 6-12 months of her increasing odd behaviors. She even personally knows something isn’t right as she’s been to a neurologist in last 6 months on her own accord. Add in it her mother had it and well we are concerned. Part of the reason I call her every couple days and have been working with an estate attorney for several months now getting things in order. I will say that yesterday morning when things were going to crap it appeared in a hurry it was nice to know I had documents backing making medical deacisions for her. Those are now screenshots & saved to my phone too.

JR, it’s a Logan 10 x 24 with new old stock bed, new motor and some new gears. I am writing about it in tools section.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: August 10, 2018, 07:26:28 AM »
Spent the night on the floor next to the toilet for throwing up purposes. 

Does anyone else throw their back out when they throw up?   It is possibly the most painful thing for my back to tighten all of those muscles like that

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: August 10, 2018, 08:01:27 AM »
Lay off true goldschlager Dave.....

Seriously sorry to hear man. That’s a horrible feeling. My neck and abs are usually the muscles that hurt the next day. 

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: August 10, 2018, 08:46:00 AM »
Sounds about right Tex.   Need to burn out the bad with tequila I guess

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: August 10, 2018, 09:55:36 AM »
So think we figured my Mom’s issues last night. Her nurse came in at 3am to find her stats had dropped way off 70, they put two different machines on her to help bring them back up. Still couldn’t get her up past 90 & called Dr in. Keeping her at least another day and doing a sleep study, severe sleep apnea. Essentially she is breathing so shallow she can’t remove carbon dioxide, at 3 this morning she was out of it again. As they raised her stats she started coming back around. Explains her constant being tired, weight gain, incoherent at times etc. she’s not getting sleep & when she is it’s labored.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: August 10, 2018, 09:56:12 AM »
Dave, lots of water today!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: August 10, 2018, 10:00:23 AM »
WTH Dave, you're supposed to wait until the weekend!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: August 10, 2018, 10:28:25 AM »
Man

Folks sick/injured everywhere

Prayers coming...Standby
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: August 10, 2018, 10:39:26 AM »
So think we figured my Mom’s issues last night. Her nurse came in at 3am to find her stats had dropped way off 70, they put two different machines on her to help bring them back up. Still couldn’t get her up past 90 & called Dr in. Keeping her at least another day and doing a sleep study, severe sleep apnea. Essentially she is breathing so shallow she can’t remove carbon dioxide, at 3 this morning she was out of it again. As they raised her stats she started coming back around. Explains her constant being tired, weight gain, incoherent at times etc. she’s not getting sleep & when she is it’s labored.

if thats the case, i pray she takes to the mask/machine

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: August 10, 2018, 12:20:32 PM »
It’s amazing what good clean oxygen will do for the human body!   Cpap machine maybe?

Lots of Jello and water, need to increase electrolytes in my body.  To much of this ultra super filtered water I think is bad for us.   Need salts and things.   The heat has kicked me down

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: August 10, 2018, 02:11:00 PM »
Had to replace the battery in the Acadia in the middle of the road trip... wouldn’t start yesterday nor again this morning. 7 yr battery, likely original to the car since it is a 2011. I think it lived a good life.

Ryan

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: August 10, 2018, 03:29:27 PM »
Had to replace the battery in the Acadia in the middle of the road trip... wouldn’t start yesterday nor again this morning. 7 yr battery, likely original to the car since it is a 2011. I think it lived a good life.

Concur

That was a good run for a battery

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7335 on: August 11, 2018, 10:07:04 AM »
Woke up and ate solid food!!! Now taking the monsters to get bathed and nails ground down

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7336 on: August 11, 2018, 05:05:47 PM »
To avoid what appears to be certain divorce I got..... wait back story

While l was I’ll I only had one have to do for work.   Which was deliver a job trailer to the job site so the other guys can work.  I called in sick and boss said get the trailer there and go home.  So I woke up put b ball shorts and flip flops on and rolled over to the wife with the sweetest smile I could muster and asked “ honey can you drive me to N Ogden to drop the job trailer off?”  She said yes

We got to the shop to get the trailer and she has never allowed me to teach her how to tow a trailer so we switched seats and she had to back me up to the trailer since we moved my back up mark ( the trailer jack is off center now) I tried on my own failed twice asked for her help.   Well the boss lady is afraid the truck is going to smash her some how, or she is going to get pinched so she guides you back from the far outside view of the mirror where she can’t see crap of where the hitch and ball are going to line up at.   I yelled, she yelled I smashed the hitch, the last thing I said was “ if my camera worked this would be easy and not an argument”.

So I went today and got my back up camera replaced. 

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 05:06:50 PM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: August 11, 2018, 08:33:16 PM »
I was a bad boy today.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: August 11, 2018, 08:59:45 PM »
 :likebutton:

Those things are handy Ken!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: August 11, 2018, 09:29:32 PM »
Dave glad you are on the mend

Ken that’s sweet. What it set you back?

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: August 11, 2018, 10:13:53 PM »
Those are fantastic little hoes from what I have seen. The guys that dig our holes seem to move a tremendous amount of stuff with them in a real hurry

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7341 on: August 11, 2018, 11:19:12 PM »
Been doing some serious research on those minis in the 8000 lb range, about as big as I can haul in the dump trailer, and boy do they hold value. This one started at 25 and ended up getting it for 22, with 1500 hrs, and cab with a/c.
Only thing missing is the thumb I'll need for forestry work.
I picked Volvo because they have a great rep, and one of the highest hydro flows in that size..26 gpm... capable of running a decent brush hog

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: August 12, 2018, 02:13:18 AM »
Glad you are getting better Dave. That is never fun but we all have gone through it.

Nice score Ken, more toys are always better.

Ryan, I have been lucky on that. Mine have always been near home before a trip. Last few have been free via costco warranty.

Speaking of toys, this followed me home today. I have decided to sell both the XR600 and the TH. We just don't use the TH and the honda needs lots of work still. Then the 1500 sub goes and I may have a buyer.

This is an 1993 Chapparal with a 4.3 V6 with a looks to be a carter carb. 18ft open bow in great shape. Advertised as a 91 for $4800, I paid 4300. Hopefully try it out on tuesday since school starts thrursday.

It is burning everywhere in this state. this is over the hill from my house, out now thank god.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 02:15:11 AM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: August 12, 2018, 12:25:18 PM »
Glad the fire is out, Nice boat, kind of looking myself but need a  salt boat and not as brave as Tate on size or shap

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: August 12, 2018, 12:49:38 PM »
Installed the JK rear driveshaft and pulled the front stock driveshaft this morning before it starts to warm up. I believe after Baylee gets off we are pulling her xj rock sliders to mod them with some outrigger tubes and new paint.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: August 12, 2018, 02:53:43 PM »
Been doing some serious research on those minis in the 8000 lb range, about as big as I can haul in the dump trailer, and boy do they hold value. This one started at 25 and ended up getting it for 22, with 1500 hrs, and cab with a/c.
Only thing missing is the thumb I'll need for forestry work.
I picked Volvo because they have a great rep, and one of the highest hydro flows in that size..26 gpm... capable of running a decent brush hog

Nice!

Ya, 26GPM is big

Run a mini forestry head off of that

So is that High Flow 26 GPM?

I like those minis too. One day will own a Kubota KX-80 to compliment the big Kobelco

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: August 12, 2018, 06:49:13 PM »
Not sure where to find the answer to that  question Don. I can't even find a pirated owners or a parts manual for that thing online so I'll probably invest in some.
In comparison, most of the others in that size, 7-8k lbs, spec at 22 gpm or so.

Helped my brother fancy up his stove ventilation today. It will get stone eventually.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: August 12, 2018, 10:52:28 PM »
Ken, High flow will have the really big lines, Normal flow the smaller lines.

Take a look at my CTL

On the chassis next to the left lift arm, you will see a silver hydraulic manifold. THe big fittings are High Flow, the smaller ones normal flow. I have like 20 GPM on low flow, so no need to use high flow. A machine designed for high flow is going to dedicate a separate hydraulic pump just for that which will likely suck down almost all the horsepower a small machine can produce.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: August 12, 2018, 11:32:28 PM »
Ken that kitchen looks really nice.  Color and all,

If anyone has simple base cabinet cut sheets I would be interested. Doing searching on line and my bugs that don gave my phone won’t show me what I think I need.    Looking for simple cabinet bases to build on my own and than line the garage wall in the rear with. Tips will be concrete I think. Wanna try that out

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: August 13, 2018, 12:40:00 AM »
Nice looking cabinets, like the natural sealed finish.

I might on a nice day get the boat in the bay, delta is not bad though but you have to watch the tides. For now just fresh water.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal