Hello Guest

Author Topic: Ops-Gear comcealment wear  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Ops-Gear comcealment wear
« on: January 18, 2015, 08:58:33 AM »
I like these Ops-Gear concealed jackets and vests

Not too big on the green vest...makes one look like a tourist!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: Ops-Gear comcealment wear
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 03:18:21 PM »
I do like that jacket. Doesn't look too "tacticool". Only concern is, how bad would it sag on weapon side. And how good is the retention on it? Not good if the pistol someone carries is moving around.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 03:20:00 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 03:41:43 PM »
I do like that jacket. Doesn't look too "tacticool". Only concern is, how bad would it sag on weapon side. And how good is the retention on it? Not good if the pistol someone carries is moving around.

Was thinking the same thing...Sag!

The only jacket I wear that doesn't readily show I am carrying is my flight jacket, the newer one. Even the older, well broken in one shows the outline of Mr. Glock

When I carried a CW-9 Kahr I did so with a sheep skin ankle holster. Because of that, even though I wear a 34" inseam, I'd buy my 5.11 trousers in a 36" inseam so it wouldn't show when sitting. You would not believe the stares I was getting in church when people saw that nine sitting there!

Note: Don't buy a Kahr for CC or hunting, or survival, or shootin' or plinkin' or robbing grocery markets, or shootin pesky red dogs or anything else that requires a decent trigger and some accuracy!

Why do you feel you need a gun in church one asked? I answered, "Because you refuse to!"
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 10:38:51 PM »
Is there a shoulder version? Sag wouldn't be an issue and what there was would be in the right place.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 08:32:18 AM »
Is there a shoulder version? Sag wouldn't be an issue and what there was would be in the right place.

Looking at the pic, in my eyes, with a pistol, and what looks like mag pouches above it, that weight would make it sag enough to be notice.  Also, what if you have it zipped? Doesn't look like you'd be able to get a hand on your pistol without unzipping the jacket.

But, these are just my opinions, and the people who designed and made it probably thought all this through and I'm just over thinking.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 10:27:50 AM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 02:06:02 PM »
I like the look of the jacket a lot more, and for the PNW it's better suited than the vest. the only thing I can see that would combat sag is a tight shoulder hole in the vest, which would only look weird on their own. I know my lighter vest sags when I put my phone in it, let alone the Sig I used to carry. I can also just imagine running with the zipper open and the draw side flapping since there are no body restraints. it's a good idea, I just can't see how to make it more practical.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal