Hello Guest

Author Topic: Cabin for the hide discussion  (Read 7481 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Cabin for the hide discussion
« on: July 06, 2016, 09:30:00 AM »
Knowing that I have a large host of really smart folks here, you too Shawn, I thought we'd discuss what the cabin plan might be for my hide.

So here's the parameters:

1. I think that I'll be moving there permanently within a couple years, so it needs to function like a normal family home

2. I think it should be a single level like a farm house, or Cape Cod, or rustic cabin, but with pitched up roofs, vaulted spaces to build in as rooms and have a dormer or two.

3. I want some windows up high so I can quickly scan the surrounding property

4. I want a basement. Part of it will be secret, accessed by a hidden door.

5. I want a safe room and perhaps an exit tunnel

6. I want a real stone/concrete fireplace perhaps centrally located so the mass of the thing will radiate heat all over.

7. It will have a variety of power and heat sources. Ultimately it needs to be self sufficient with its own water and own power, completely off grid.

8. I want a master bedroom and two additional bathrooms on the main floor, and another bedroom in the basement.

9. It will likely be a walk out basement due to the slope of the hilltop it will sit on

10. I want a wrap around porch

11. On the wrap around porch I want a portion screened in for three season outdoor living

12. It can be stick built or pole barn style, be wood/brick/stone/vinyl, shakes/whatever exterior.

13. I want to use a lot of the native wood in its construction

14. It does not have to meet any building codes, as there are no inspections required in that part of the Tucky.

15. It should have 2.5 bathrooms

16. A cistern and rain collection system will supply some of the water, the well 1/4 mile away will supply the rest.

17. It will have an attached garage, say 2-3 car (For her)

18. It will have an open kitchen with recycled/rebuilt old gas appliances.

19. It needs to comfortably house at least two families in a crisis, as I expect people will be coming.

20. Basement will be poured concrete, 8"-10" 3500-5000psi walls for ballistic protection.

21. Have a vault

22. I'd like a cupola or observation deck up high with a pole to attach an additional wind mill to.

23. Cabinets and doors will all be reclaimed/recycled, or home made

24. Cost is to be held very low

25. I will be the contractor and sub all the work out that I can't do

26. I have the shed already, but will build a concrete 48 X 64 barn for working on things in.

27. Heat from Fireplace, Wood stove, Wood boiler, Electric heat pump.

28. Hot water will be solar heated, and we will have an instant hot water propane heater as well.

29. The use of lots of wood, glass and rock

30. Maximum fireproofing through use of sprays, fire retardant materials and similar technology.

31. Square footage of main floor of 2000 sq/ft. ish. Square footage does not include the basement

32. Electricity from A. The Grid, B. Generator, C. My own power room of batteries fed from solar cells and wind mills

That's what I am thinking around at the moment.

Discussion is welcome on any or all of my thoughts. Let's pull this apart, turn it inside out, come up with some ideas, and if it all works out, I'll build it down there, and you boneheads can come and drink quoffee with me there!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Cabin for the hide discussion
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 10:07:23 AM »
Bout time you came around to my line of thinking, believe we discussed this idea a few years back. Wish I could do the same but at present time it is not an option.

1 Good idea

2-3 Single peak (costs will be least and easy to build), A-frame or steeper roof design, second floor balconies at each end extended out past roof line will give you 360 degree visibility.

4-5 Hire an out of state concrete guy to do the work. I would also consult with an engineer or architect on this and get the plan incorporating all of your want list. Probably the most complicated part of this build. You do not want to be reworking the crete after it's poured you want all holes and inserts incorporated into this before it's poured. With the amount of systems etc there needs to be a solid plan and even so you will probably have something that will need to be reworked. Single largest cost for build is this foundation. Plan, rework plan and do it again before you start.

6 Good idea, also outsource this part. Other than this and basement rest you can do and if needed call in for help from guys you trust. Plenty here who would help you Don. I know you have problem doing so but plenty have offered. Use the guys you have vetted, that's right we know how you operate........

7-19 Nothing difficult, do it all yourself or with help mentioned in 6

20-21 See 4-5 recommendations

22 See 2-3 recommendations

23-32 Nothing hard just time consuming, builds should be put on hold to a lot all time to this if you want to meet your time frame of a two year move in. I built our first home (1600 sq ft ranch) by myself with little help from friends when I was 24 (excluding excavation of basement and foundation). It took me well over 7 months while I was working a 40 hour week job. I killed myself and I worked quickly and efficiently at that young age. I also was very well versed in construction and techniques by then. You are not 24 and this is a much larger project. I was also in peak shape prior to starting. Planning things out is the biggest hurdle at this point, get things lined up and in a row now. A lot of the systems you need to familiarize yourself with now as those are things that will consume the most time when installing as they are not the "norm" people have info on these systems but not the average contractor etc like most other new home builds.

Only other thing I have to question is a well supplying house 1/4 mile away? Back up I would say is ok, but you may want different setup from the get go........ You have my number if you need help. I like it!
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 01:41:27 PM »
I don't think "cabin" is appropriate for what you described.  When I remodeled I did nearly everything with the help of family and friends.  I did hire out for HVAC, plumbing and insulation and mudding the drywall.  I didn't do any foundation work but did put some new trusses up.  If I really wanted I think I could have done the plumbing myself also.  If I was doing it again I would have paid to have the drywall hung.  Instead of taking 3 weeks it would have got done in 2 days tops.

Not sure what you are thinking for a floor plan but we went through a couple different designers before finding one that was really getting what we wanted.  Of course we were able to steal some ideas from those we didn't like and modified some as we went.

Not sure what you mean by using native wood.  I know you mentioned wanting a saw mill before.  You planning on milling your own lumber?

I would look into putting in a second well.  A 1/4 mile would be a long ways to push water, especially if you are relying on off grid power.  Depending on the depth they need to drill it doesn't have to be to expensive.  Call up a company and ask how far they normally have to drill in your area. 

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 01:54:49 PM »
If I lived in the tuck I would use that nice pine tongue n groove car siding for all of the walls. It's the way my father in law builds their cabins in TN over by Sevierville...... No mudding or drywall to worry about.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 01:57:27 PM »
Ever do any witching/dowsing for water? I know first hand it works, not only water wells and piping, but gold nuggets also.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 03:05:33 PM »
We've done it to find field tile & agree it does work......

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 04:38:59 PM »
:rollseyes
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2016, 05:48:17 PM »
Well, I was actually thinking about this today as I was digging outta that mulch disaster- didn't that rathole of a house you ran the dozer into a few times have its own water source?  I remember a kitchen sink and bathroom, so was there a drilled well there in addition to the rocked one?

Double what Shawn said, plenty of us capable knuckleheads willing to help build stuff!

Idea on the basement - foam forms - seen them used on This Old House and they add insulation value.  Filled with pumped concrete.  Are you planning to widen the road in?  I can't see a concrete truck making it in there otherwise; unless you know someone with a Chinook Mixer?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2016, 09:43:23 PM »
:rollseyes

Says the guy who lives where there is no water, typical Hillary lover response...... ;D

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2016, 09:54:01 PM »
Ever do any witching/dowsing for water? I know first hand it works, not only water wells and piping, but gold nuggets also.
I have!

Used dowsing rods to find my dog fence buried wire. Couldn't find it with the detector they use, so we switched to dowsing rods and found it in a minute!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2016, 09:59:31 PM »
Well, I was actually thinking about this today as I was digging outta that mulch disaster- didn't that rathole of a house you ran the dozer into a few times have its own water source?  I remember a kitchen sink and bathroom, so was there a drilled well there in addition to the rocked one?

Double what Shawn said, plenty of us capable knuckleheads willing to help build stuff!

Idea on the basement - foam forms - seen them used on This Old House and they add insulation value.  Filled with pumped concrete.  Are you planning to widen the road in?  I can't see a concrete truck making it in there otherwise; unless you know someone with a Chinook Mixer?
Widening the road...Not really unless I absolutely have to. I think you will agree it doesn't look like anyone is back there. But, consider that these are Kentucky boys, not union scale concrete workers. They'd probably take the concrete truck cross country to a duck hunting blind if you dared them to.

KH...(Knucklehead help)...I should consider that. Problem is some of you might turn into squatters...stay too long! Well, maybe not. After awhile you'd get tired of the stories and either leave or go stir crazy.

Old house has that old cistern. Was rain fed, and was the only source of water on the place

In bad shape. Caught the boys wizzin' in there once. I threw something heavy at them and missed, but not before they poisoned the thing. I guess I could pump it out and see what turns up...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:07:36 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 11:18:53 PM »
Wouldn't be a bad idea to pump it. You would find out the GPM available if there is flow or just rain collection and what if anything  has been thrown down there that shouldn't be down there.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 11:35:05 PM »
I gotta agree with Shawn on all/most of his comments.
The concrete is really all that you likely need to contract out.
It's an art that some can do the things you want that we grunts and knuckleheads stare in awe at.
The rest, really shouldn't be that much of a stretch for you, especially if you recruit some help.

Here's the problem I see...
It's from a customer service sign I seen at one point.
We can do it good fast and cheap.
But you can only pick two.
If you want it good and fast, won't be cheap.
Fast and cheap, won't be good.
Good and cheap won't be fast.

Unfortunately this little 'joke' of a sign is so true.
So you'll have to have it all figured out.

And starting this conversation should bring up a lot of good discussion.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 09:29:08 AM »
Wouldn't be a bad idea to pump it. You would find out the GPM available if there is flow or just rain collection and what if anything  has been thrown down there that shouldn't be down there.
Was wanting to do that, but finding a pump that will pump with a head of 52 feet isn't easy...I haven't found one yet!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 09:48:47 AM »
I gotta agree with Shawn on all/most of his comments.
The concrete is really all that you likely need to contract out.
It's an art that some can do the things you want that we grunts and knuckleheads stare in awe at.
The rest, really shouldn't be that much of a stretch for you, especially if you recruit some help.

Here's the problem I see...
It's from a customer service sign I seen at one point.
We can do it good fast and cheap.
But you can only pick two.
If you want it good and fast, won't be cheap.
Fast and cheap, won't be good.
Good and cheap won't be fast.

Unfortunately this little 'joke' of a sign is so true.
So you'll have to have it all figured out.

And starting this conversation should bring up a lot of good discussion.

True words all

But from the early exchange so far What I am getting is to get the foundation/cistern/vault/other below grade spaces contracted out. That makes sense to me.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2016, 11:38:31 AM »
Was wanting to do that, but finding a pump that will pump with a head of 52 feet isn't easy...I haven't found one yet!

Go rent a large trash pump, you'll have to prime it but shouldn't be an issue.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2016, 12:04:01 PM »
My experience with trash pumps, even larger 6-10 inch pumps...Have to have the pump kind of close to the same elevation as the water level. We had to use excavators to build a pad down by the plugged culvert or water flow as they were not effective sitting on the road surface. They will push uphill fine but not so much suction wise. Find a well pump place and rent a deep well pump and get to work on it.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2016, 12:40:00 PM »
This would get you by without a large investment. ....might be similar to what JR showed you...pretty good price for 1hp and about 20gpm at 80ft.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/261517524999?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

max head=207':

https://www.amazon.com/Hallmark-Industries-MA0414X-7-Submersible-Stainless/dp/B00NTT2JO4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1467909742&sr=8-2&keywords=deep+well+pump
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 12:44:44 PM by KensAuto »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 02:40:11 PM »
Check with a rental company like united.  They rent them all of the time.  On their site they show a 3 in pump that will carry 77' head.  The also sell used ones sometimes.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 06:17:30 PM »
Looking into financing options at the moment

I'm learning

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2016, 10:28:21 PM »
PM incoming Don
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 10:24:32 PM »
Nice plan, Don. Don't forget defenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 02:48:20 AM »
I think you should just move HC's house in there. Might be a little big but has it all.

Sure there is a pump that will do that. I have had good luck with used items from the rental places. (tillers-trailers)

Has to be a cheap well pump that will do the job, at least so you know what you have.

Squatters, sure. You build like that and why would we leave?
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2016, 09:20:48 AM »
Nice plan, Don. Don't forget defenses.

Cattle gate covering six foot wide ditch that folds up into a gate...Trees thick as black lives matter protesters, cleared views, defilade positions, that are open to my side, as in you occupy one and the lay of the thing channels bullets into YOU! a couple cameras here and there, motion detectors here and there, two GSD's roaming, some pre-recorded banjo music, some pits, false trails and, well, you get the picture.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2016, 09:21:55 AM »
I think you should just move HC's house in there. Might be a little big but has it all.

Sure there is a pump that will do that. I have had good luck with used items from the rental places. (tillers-trailers)

Has to be a cheap well pump that will do the job, at least so you know what you have.

Squatters, sure. You build like that and why would we leave?
Well if you're gonna stay, bring food and fall in on the morning work detail formation!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 06:07:26 PM »
Duane and I chatted while I was doin' my mornin' quoffee down at the farm. He was still in bed around 0900, typical for BlackHawk pilots and other National Guard people ;-))

Now that may or may not be true...

Anyway, the boy said, "Don, don't you buy no ugly home!"

He said, get yerself a panelized home. So I started looking for a home covered with panels or decals or stickers and didn't find anything

But all kidding aside, the idea of a factory built panelized home that comes on some semis seemed intriguing. So I started investigating and I think the boy might be onto something!

There is a host of information on the subject, however the readers digest version is that I get to be the contractor and simply decide on a cataloged design or create one of my own from scratch.

From that point I probably have a company and we start drawing.

So I think I may have gotten that far just today. I contacted a Mike Tuma...Introduce yourself Mike...

He works for Landmark homes out of Indiana. They manufacture homes and ship them to all 50 states and many other countries worldwide.

I liked our conversation where I learned about their process. He suggested a design, stock # 29980 which is pictured below. It's a good starting point I think, however the Frau and I will look over a variety of home plans until this one or another gels.

One thing I really like about the Landmark process is that they draw after I choose. The architectural drawing process is all included in the package price so we just hunt and peck at until someone cries uncle, then they build it!

That alone will save me a couple thousand $$$$ in the early stages as i would not need to do that step beforehand.

Essentially, He draws the plans, and builds the kit. I build the foundation off those plans and when the kit arrives, I hire a framer to assemble the whole thing over a few days time acting as the contractor. I'll have the windows, (Pellas???) ordered and arriving and have those and the doors installed at the same time and just like that I have a dried in houtch. Throw a metal roof down and it's off to the races with electrical, plumbing, insulation, drywall and who knows what.

I think the "Storyline" will be attractive to the bank in that it will be a guaranteed product and go together quickly.   

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 09:13:08 PM »
Just know for sure how much each change from the base plan will cost you. Sometimes easier and less costly to have a plan drawn up and then get bids on it from the suppliers....

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2016, 09:20:32 PM »
 Don I'm going to email you something.... My folks are building something VERY similar to what the drawings look like

2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2016, 12:49:53 PM »
Well if you're gonna stay, bring food and fall in on the morning work detail formation!

I would expect no less.

Funny, I thought about a pre-fabed type right off when I first read this. Keeps price down and to many hungry contractors off the hide.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:52:28 PM by JR »

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2016, 12:55:35 PM »
Can that be built "onto" your existing foundation? Expanded of course, but you already have it!

I think I heard you will have a dedicated shop around there too? Maybe with a tunnel to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:57:33 PM by JR »

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2016, 06:21:58 PM »
Can that be built "onto" your existing foundation? Expanded of course, but you already have it!

I think I heard you will have a dedicated shop around there too? Maybe with a tunnel to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Possibly...Maybe

Offline cudakidd53

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2016, 07:32:43 PM »
Only thing I noticed major that's missing, besides basement is the wrap around porch......nice looking otherwise!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2016, 08:46:30 PM »
Only thing I noticed major that's missing, besides basement is the wrap around porch......nice looking otherwise!
Mike,

This is only a starting point

I am not decided on either the design, concept, nor company.

But to explore this possibility, I need to push ahead and to do that, you have to START!

Lots of porchage will be happening

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2016, 10:08:15 PM »
I would look at All American Homes

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2016, 10:19:14 PM »
I would look at All American Homes
OK

Edit: Bad Company Shawn!
Pages and pages of customer complaints. Many folks with unfinished homes, poor service, and rumors of the company going Ch 11 again!

Sorry, boss, they are a clear bypass!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 10:26:47 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2016, 02:12:54 AM »
So is the 2 year move in date a set in stone or a "I want it to happen" date? If you can slide the timeline, wouldn't it be better, to finish the smaller projects first, take the time to develop the site, plan where you want the cabin. Then once you have the close to final site measurements for the cabin's final location, all you should have to worry about it the design/and construction.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 01:57:39 PM by BobbyB »
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2016, 09:09:59 AM »
So is the 2 year move in date a set in stone or a "I want it to happen" date? If you have can slide the timeline, wouldn't it be better, to finish the smaller projects first, take the time to develop the site, plan where you want the cabin. Then once you have the close to final site measurements for the cabin's final location, all you should have to worry about it the design/and construction.
Two camps of thought on the matter in this house

Kat thinks we should move there when the boyz graduate from school and are half way through Airborne training. (I added that last part)
Therefore she feels we need to build a proper house to CFO (Continue Family Operations)

I, on the other hand, see a good possibility for civil unrest, expanded domestic terror strikes, down right Civil insurrection in some areas and a disruption in food and other things. I see that coming very soon if Hillary gets the chair and Trump is left standing. If Trump wins, Black Lives Matter and other terrorist/hate groups will wind up and make life a lot more challenging.

For those reasons, I want something more comfortable and functional, sooner than later. Therefore, held in check by financial constraints, I can't build a five star resort right now. But I can provide everyone a room, water, some of which would be hot, and a place to dream cuddly bear dreams.

I have faced Alqeda, Iraqis, Afghanis, Taliban, pissed off Poppy farmers, Arkansas hillbillies, criminals, even some kids trying to shoot me. I've held my ground against all of them. But none of them are as formidable as Kat. She is a sly force to be reckoned with. Death by a thousand cuts and all that. Been cut a lot and lost a lot of blood, so I don't know how much I can persist. Back when I used to be a man, before I became a house wife (Dammed 107mm!) I'd put up a respectable fight. These days, I just keep pushing things forward while she works along on her career. At some point I'll have this thing so far along, it will have to finish...That is if I don't bleed to death before hand

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2016, 12:11:33 PM »
But none of them are as formidable as Kat. She is a sly force to be reckoned with. Death by a thousand cuts and all that.

Well since you put it that way, it all makes sense.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2016, 01:56:35 PM »
How goes the plan hunt?

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2016, 01:59:27 PM »
Couple GP smalls and mediums, and a potbellied stove and you're set. Throw tarps on the vics.. Boom, problem solved... for short term! I mean you already have the camper there for HH6.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2016, 10:22:39 PM »
How goes the plan hunt?

Raising boys into RealMen!!
Man, the people I contacted are flakes!

I mean they don't ressond to emails, and don't directly answer questions and all sorts of little problems.

Hey, if I am going to get someone to build my cabin in a factory that is no where where I can check the quality and he won't answer questions, then I certainly won't be doing business with him.

For the moment, I am working toward having something in the "Shed" before it gets cold. I'll focus on the house after that I guess. I'll probably end up getting a pole barn house or something like that done since 1. I can, 2. It's inexpensive, 3. I can save oodles by fitting the interior out myself

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal