WEAPONS > Firearms

Single point sling or?

(1/4) > >>

Sammconn:
Thinking I'd like to add a single point sling to my kit for my AR.
What are your thoughts/suggestions on what to look for.
I've already got the single point ring on the furniture.

Have these easy to get:

http://www.marstar.ca/dynamic/category.jsp?catid=74824

Higher Caliber:
Just get one with a quick detach and some strong bungy to it is the only solid recommendation I have. I liked the Botach sling, but even blackhawk makes a decent one with the aforementioned necessities.

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: Higher Caliber on February 25, 2015, 11:53:53 PM ---Just get one with a quick detach and some strong bungy to it is the only solid recommendation I have. I liked the Botach sling, but even blackhawk makes a decent one with the aforementioned necessities.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this ^^.

Just remember depending on where/how you have it slung  it doesn't get caught on other equipment. What made you decide on a single point?

TexasRedNeck:
^^x2

Make sure you have a velcro strap on your gear or belt so you can lash it down when you are moving, otherwise it flops all over the place and beats you to death if you transition to pistol and are on the move.

The bungee gives you a little more range for muzzle strikes too.  When I'm not all kitted up, I prefer the traditional sling so I can flip it over my back when I transition to pistol and have to move quick.

BobbyB:
Also depending on how you sling it,or your gear placement, you drop it down for transition, and DON'T control it, it WILL catch you in "THE" pills. I've watched it happen, I've laughed at them when it happened, I remind them of it to this day.Be aware of it, as a loaded rifle, with optic and light and whatever else you add gets momentum when not positively controlled...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version