Hello Guest

Author Topic: Eddie Gallagher  (Read 545 times)

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Eddie Gallagher
« on: July 03, 2019, 09:26:05 AM »
Navy SEAL Edward Gallagher found not guilty on murder and attempted murder charges

https://www.foxnews.com/us/navy-seal-edward-gallagher-found-not-guilty-on-murder-and-attempted-murder-charges

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Though I didn’t serve,  these things have to be disturbing to those who have.

Based on the charges and the way he was pursued, its clear to me that the ROE have changed over the years to handicap our war fighters who now have to second guess themselves in the heat of a fight.  “Will I be courtmartialed for this if I get it wrong?”

We are turning our war fighters into cops.  Soon they’ll be wearing body cameras and second guessed by civilians ever time they pull a trigger.

War should, by necessity, be ugly, really really ugly.  Horrifying.  We should enter into it only as a last resort and after much contemplation.  However when we do we should send some hard men to do some really dirty work and kill people and break things effectively and efficiently and then get out quickly.  Our fighting men are not cops and they should not be treated as such.

First step to correct this ought to be to no longer allow embedded reporting. 

I would be curious to hear from our current and former war fighters here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Eddie Gallagher
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 11:00:32 AM »
Damn right!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 06:09:34 AM »
I can tell you the ROE have relaxed significantly since Trump became POTUS. Under Obama, it was probably the strictest it has ever been.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 08:10:42 AM »
I can tell you the ROE have relaxed significantly since Trump became POTUS. Under Obama, it was probably the strictest it has ever been.
Oh, you would have so loved being a contractor...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal