Hello Guest

Author Topic: A fortress disguised as a country  (Read 639 times)

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A fortress disguised as a country
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 08:57:47 AM »
yep
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 10:01:39 AM »
Amen! Lowest crime rate, too. That's probably because everyone is in the military and keeps their full battle load, including weapon, in their homes.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 11:05:41 PM »
Amen! Lowest crime rate, too. That's probably because everyone is in the military and keeps their full battle load, including weapon, in their homes.
I've said it before here, but this female captain I flew with at Comair, when I flew regional jets was a swiss citizen. She kept her weapon at her home in Switzerland. Had to go back each year and qualify with it. First time she told me I thought she was kidding...She wasn't.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 02:11:19 AM »
Yep. Wish it was that way with us.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 08:35:08 AM »
Yep. Wish it was that way with us.
Along with laws that work to protect citizens and not criminals.
I wonder how MS-13 would be doing in Ling Island confronted with an M4 with an ACOG at every turn.
And isn't it strange how the very presence of guns seems to promote safety?

A short word on that. I have always believed that safety is no where near as important as training. Therefore I have guns all over the place in my house. Not once, ever, has any of the grand kids, or boys, or my older girls, or any of their friends picked one up. When they ask about them, I teach them on the spot how to place the weapon on safe, clear it then hold it properly. I teach them about not "Flagging" anyone with the muzzle.
That or have the thing locked away like a precious gem that everyone secretly wants to get their hands on...

I saw this in the Army and always fought against it, but was only partially successful. Commanders interested only in getting through their commands, accident free would keep the toys locked away. That, of course killed readiness. Would any of those units been called to emergency action, the accident rate would have gone sky high. I was the lead officer on a Safety center on the ultra high accident rate following Desert Storm. Our findings were that commanders now used to operating like we do at war continued to push their crews afterward. But, the experienced guys who were really dumped on during Desert Shield and later Storm were fed up and retiring at a rate not seen in years. That left the junior crews trying to fill some big boots and they couldn't find muster.

Same same with guns. I have my boys carry a carbine or a pistol in a holster all the time down at the farm. Reason is, they want to be soldiers, might as well learn how to dig a hole, wearing a pistol. And because having a gun on them is now second nature to them. You will see them come in for the evening, clear the thing, lock back the slide, and present the chamber for inspection before coming inside. Then the thing is next to their pillow or hanging nearby all night.

Long response, but just making a point that guns make societies safer.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 11:12:02 AM »
Amen.  Preaching to the choir.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal