Hello Guest

Author Topic: Realtors  (Read 1115 times)

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
Realtors
« on: August 16, 2019, 11:48:39 AM »
Why dose it seem that realtors have an IQ of about 50 for the most part.  I have been looking for Farms in Tennessee and I have talked to more dense people than I can shake a stick at. 

I don't get it and seems to be nationwide.

Now given I am not your typical buyer but LISTEN to what I am asking for.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Realtors
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 12:19:18 PM »
Got sick of ca?
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 12:23:16 PM »
Phil, what part of TN? My FIL lives NE of Sevierville, home builder among other things. Might be able to help if it’s in general area (he operates in a 3 state area over there).....

BTW, it’s not just realtors......

I have a customer who bought a kit from me that I’ve made for twenty years. Pretty sure I’ve sold over a thousand kits in that time. No issues using our parts, some issues pop up in other components on occasion etc. however I’ve been told for the last several days how it should have been made. Trying to help him out but he refuses to entertain the idea of listening for a minute even.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 12:29:30 PM by stlaser »
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 12:38:02 PM »
Got sick of ca?

I was sick of it the day I first came out here BUT when I got out of the G this was the only place I could get a job in aviation/aerospace that actually paid any money AND have great opportunity available to progress and learn.

Im at a point in my career that I can almost be anywhere now.

Online Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 12:42:44 PM »
My wife and I were in the looking for the house we now own.  We told the realtor how much land we wanted as a minimum, no doublewide's but a site built house, ect.  First place she took us to meet the land requirement but was a double wide with drop ceilings through out.  She couldn't understand why my wife refused to get out of the truck when we pulled up.  My wife, the red head, asked here out the truck window why she didn't bother to listen to us after asking what we were looking for since we were the ones buying.  The relationship went down hill pretty fast.  They may know the local market but should not waste my time.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 12:48:12 PM »
Phil, what part of TN? My FIL lives NE of Sevierville, home builder among other things. Might be able to help if it’s in general area (he operates in a 3 state area over there).....

I have a customer who bought a kit from me that I’ve made for twenty years. Pretty sure I’ve sold over a thousand kits in that time. No issues using our parts, some issues pop up in other components on occasion etc. however I’ve been told for the last several days how it should have been made. Trying to help him out but he refuses to entertain the idea of listening for a minute even.

I call it the golden triangle i have been looking in the area between Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga.  BUT i will look at other areas outside of that if it makes sense.  All the realtors seem to do is pull info off the MLS and send it to me, I can do that my self THEY are supposed to do a little due diligence as to not waste time. 

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 02:18:33 PM »
I made friends with my realtor in Idaho, but that being said, I found the property we ended up buying. It wasn't even on his list, which I assume was for financial reasons. It was primarily listed by a different realtor ....he had to split it with someone.

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 02:19:49 PM »

I have never experienced this before Shawn, tell me more :rolleyes:

Why dose it seem that realtors have an IQ of about 50 for the most part.  I have been looking for Farms in Tennessee and I have talked to more dense people than I can shake a stick at. 

I don't get it and seems to be nationwide.

Now given I am not your typical buyer but LISTEN to what I am asking for.

We have been fortunate enough to have the same realtor since we bought our 1st place in 03 through this last home purchase two years ago and she's been a literal miracle compared to what's out there Phil. we happen to be "difficult people to work with" according to the 1st 3 or 4 realtors we fired before coming to the one we work with now. I guess having a list of requirements, suggestions for area, and cost ceilings was too demanding... I guess they let anyone sell houses just like used cars. in fact, I think I like used car salesmen more than realtors. Good luck sir, God speed.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 04:31:51 PM »
Tate, I can’t believe the same guy has dealt with you too!?!  :rolleyes:

Phil, if you want pm me what you’re looking for and I’ll send it his way. They are a bit east of Knoxville but maybe he knows of something?
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal