Hello Guest

Author Topic: Feeding Homeless 11/3/2014  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Feeding Homeless 11/3/2014
« on: November 03, 2014, 09:25:40 PM »
We had yet another successful evening meal on the streets of Cincinnati tonight.
The weather was chilly, but the crowd was big and we fed for over an hour until we exhausted all our food
Here's some pics:
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feeding Homeless 11/3/2014
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 09:26:55 PM »
Those are raised hands in prayer as Pastor Jim delivered the message.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 09:29:13 PM »
I got to do all sorts of things. Sometimes praying with someone, other times just chatting with another, and sometimes handing out hand cleaner or maintaining order. The time goes by quickly and the stories are always heartbreaking!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 09:31:44 PM »
But the message gets out and bellies get filled. One woman I prayed with was a prostitute. How strange that was for me. I didn't know it at the time, but Pastor Jim told me later. She once had lived in a million dollar home and drove a jaguar. Now all she had was the clothes on her back...pitiful...

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 09:58:33 PM »
Keep up the good work, you have touched so many lives. If only one or two each week reach out to the Lord,... well, be proud Don...And all the rest have a good meal to help them along.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 10:20:11 PM »
Just awesome... i'm speechless. So let me ask a couple questions, because this has sparked my interest. How do you organize these? Is it done through your church? Wondering how people know to come? Or do you go to where the homeless gather? Also, do you have to have permits and stuff to do this on this scale? Again, awesome work. God bless you, your friends/family who participated as well, and all the folks struggling whom you've been able to help.
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 10:26:20 PM »
Just awesome... i'm speechless. So let me ask a couple questions, because this has sparked my interest. How do you organize these? Is it done through your church? Wondering how people know to come? Or do you go to where the homeless gather? Also, do you have to have permits and stuff to do this on this scale? Again, awesome work. God bless you, your friends/family who participated as well, and all the folks struggling whom you've been able to help.

Remember, they are not doing their work in Western Washington

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 11:00:32 PM »
Doesn't mean we can't  ;D
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
NRA Life Member

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 11:08:54 PM »
Didn't mean it that way, I am betting unlawful gathering ticket or worse if we tried it without months of review, permits, public input, and not in our neighborhood problems.

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 11:16:03 PM »
Around here you're probably right.

Inspiring though... truly. I guess the best way to do something in the immediate term is to send a couple shillings over to Big Don to help out. The world needs more of what I just saw in these pictures. Generosity, encouragement, and the knowledge of God's grace. Love it.
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 12:37:43 PM »
First of all...Thanks for you know what!
I learned about Pastor Jim's outreach from someone in my small group. They, a couple had been doing it for a couple years. When I heard about it, first my wife went. She came home telling me of this crazy street church that just goes and does it. No permits, doesn't ask permission, nada, they just go! Brother Jim was baptizing people in a water tank on a trailer pulled by his aging F150!
I was interested so I cooked up a tray of my western beans and took them down there. What I saw really humbled me.
We live in a big house...way too big, on acreage. She drives a caddy, me a Toureg and the Chevy and I have all manner of stuff. These people had nothing. I was crying inside seeing it and realized how cavalier I had become and how far away from the real work of Jesus. I was smitten by it, so I have gone back every week except for one when Satan was working on me...argument with the frau and my knee was completely out.

This being Kentucky and southern Oh is still part of the bible belt, you won't find a need for permits to exercise your basic freedoms. We just go. Jim and a faithful few organize it over the week, but if all else fails, make up a big tray of food and just be there at 1830 on any Monday evening. Nothing stops it. I have stood there in the sun, darkness, hail, rain, cold and none of that mattered at all. God has always been there at work. I try to do the most humblest of chores, like serving or cleaning up. Last night while dispensing hand cleaner to the people in line, I met and prayed with a prostitute who was having a breakdown. You just never know what is going to happen.
But please keep in mind. I am nothing, really. Just a worthless sinner, just like them. I am not worthy of even representing our God, and his son. I am only obedient to the call, nothing more.
We all need to take care to look in the mirror and stare at what you see. Me: I see a fake, a liar, a sinner, a guy who can't shake certain weaknesses. I like to think I am some mighty warrior, but it was only God's hand protecting me during all mu foolishness. My good skills were gifts he gave me. My book, a result of the writing gift he gave me and the experiences he allowed me to witness. I look like some holy roller guy, but I am a fraud, because I sin just like you. I know better, but I sin, mocking my salvation.
I am just the thinnest thread away from joining those people...and...aren't we all?

Many thanks to those who donate the money we use to feed these people!!!

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 12:14:54 AM »
But please keep in mind. I am nothing, really. Just a worthless sinner, just like them. I am not worthy of even representing our God, and his son.

We are all sinners. We all have demons, and battle them... Sometimes more successfully than others. I aspire to be a Real Man, and know I am inspired by Chief Real Man. That is meaningful, to me, and clearly a growing group of people here. You are not nothing.

Prov 27:17... It's in my sig for a reason. For me, it's why I'm here.
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 08:05:48 PM »
Personally, I am so encouraged by everyone's comments, and donations. I was like $35 in the hole, not that it matters, we'd still do it next week, but now I'm sitting at $100 to the good.

That will buy a bunch of food, a bunch!
I am showing up with a box of jackets and heavy shirts
and I donated my 900 watt generator to Pastor Jim to help power the amps for his street church. The bonehead powered everything off his truck battery, and ran it dead, I mean DEAD last Monday.
So that harbor freight 800-900 watt gen will at least provide part of the power needed.
I am wondering what it is going to be like this coming winter. We are going to do it, but I don't know how to keep the food warm, or how to keep my wife warm for that matter. And those people...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 08:07:52 PM »
But please keep in mind. I am nothing, really. Just a worthless sinner, just like them. I am not worthy of even representing our God, and his son.

We are all sinners. We all have demons, and battle them... Sometimes more successfully than others. I aspire to be a Real Man, and know I am inspired by Chief Real Man. That is meaningful, to me, and clearly a growing group of people here. You are not nothing.

Prov 27:17... It's in my sig for a reason. For me, it's why I'm here.

As iron sharpens iron,
    so one person sharpens another

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal