Hello Guest

Author Topic: Give away home  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Give away home
« on: May 06, 2015, 09:21:22 AM »
Real Man had the opportunity to participate in a give away home project. We purchased the paint for a couple rooms.

The non profit my wife works for purchased a run down home, then rebuilt it over the winter and restored it to near new condition. Then they searched and found worthy candidates and last week made the final selection. The home will be given (on condition) to a 21 year old single mom.

Much vetting took place and this young lady is a worthy reciepient. She admits to earlier poor choices and is now pulling herself up by her boot straps and changing her life and that of her child. She is starting college this fall and is currently working full time.

The home remains hers although she needs to meet certain "Growth-related" goals during the first 5 years. Should she fail to meet them, she will lose the home, so this is a serious game indeed. When, if ever, she sells the home, a percentage of the proceeds will flow back into the non-profit. If she chooses to live there the rest of her life, she will do so without a mortgage or rent payment for life!

We are taking steps to do the same for a veteran!

I emptied the account of the $73 we had for this cause. Thanks again to those who donated!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Give away home
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 02:00:41 PM »
this is really great news!
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 07:39:47 PM »
Way cool to hear Don!

Any update on the refuge Christian, Christmas Families from muszloid land?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 09:42:00 PM »
Way cool to hear Don!

Any update on the refuge Christian, Christmas Families from muszloid land?
Update? Sure.
One of the families is next in line for another give away home.

But this guy got a job at a Chick-Filet as the soo-chef. His wife got a job as well and they are climbing up out of the hole. He checked and qualifies for a home loan so he wants to buy it himself. THing is he doesn't have the down payment. The non profit worked and found a home that he can afford but he needs $3700 for a down payment. I was thinking of how he could get that, but no ideas yet.

He put two of his older children in college! I love it when people act responsible and work hard to put their lives back together after a disaster!

Oh and that $73 bought a lot of paint. THe non profit gets the stuff heavily discounted. Today the paint store guy cut that price in half, so in reality that $73 purchased around $200 worth of paint! Just this past weekend we were talking about how we add money to money, but God multiplies it and other blessings. Here is a perfect example of that.

So goal is to give the house to her on Mother's day, but with no appliances yet, that might be a stretch. Then schedule a move in day for early June complete with a ribbon cutting ceremony

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 09:23:08 PM »
My wife gave that house away today, mother's day, to a struggling young mother. We will contribute some more $$$ as soon as they tell me what needs to be purchased next. The young lady moves in her refurbished home in June

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 10:42:41 PM »
Don,  merit based charity is a wonderful thing and I apprecaite the strings attached to the gift.   The lib-tards are too PC to put strings on assistance or make judgements as to who is deserving of assistance.  If we had needs based, merit based programs in our government, we'd have more people climb out of poverty and our tough love would lead to a productive society.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 08:38:11 AM »
Thanks for sharing the great story. Even though I am probably too cynical I do believe that people do want to work hard and be self sufficient if they haven't been brainwashed from an early age.

Great work. 
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 10:30:26 AM »
This was my wife's idea. She works for a non-profit, for a NFL player.

She finds good causes like this. She was the one who brought the Christian Refugees to my attention, and we are not done there. But, like any good people, those hard working folks are really digging their way out of the hole and establishing new lives. All have productive jobs. One a chef at a Chick-Filet dreams of being the store manager, then one day opening his own franchise. In my view, that is a real American success story. I, well, we were a part of that early story.

This young lady with the give away house is another story. She realized her situation and started calling out to God. About then My wife found her. Funny how that works, eeh? (For my Canadian friends!) So this young lady finds herself a candidate in a pool of people and families being vetted for the home. My wife made her recommendations to the council who made the final selection and bingo the young mother rose to the top.

She sees what is happening to some young black people and refuses to allow that to happen to her. Following her selection as a candidate, she sent my wife a video tape and then a thank you letter for the opportunity.

SHe had some flaming hoops to jump through to prove she would be a good candidate and she made all those appointments. Now she must successfully complete a training program teaching checkbook management, finances, thrifty shopping, nutrition, basic home ownership, health, law, and a host of subjects this non profit has structured to really prepare a young person for the challenges of young parenthood.

The program is 5 years long and if she should fail to complete or meet the goals, she will lose the home. If she sells it, a portion will go back to the foundation, if not it is hers and her son's forever.

No, we don't need government bureaucrats, we need empowered churches and people like the lady I married sifting through the streets around our homes. Take the tax burden and control measures off us and we could save our country and let big brother keep us safe from ISIS and business like that!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal