PERSONAL READINESS > Hide Site

Hide site, retirement site.

(1/494) > >>

TexasRedNeck:
I'm starting this thread to document my decision process and progress towards my BOL and retirement site.

Now I know we will all have differing opinions on the opsec aspects probability and execution. This is just my thoughts. I strive for a balance between probability and usability.

I first sat down and developed a plan that I call concentric circles based on likelihood and scenarios.

The circles represent scenarios in order of likelihood and I have executed in order of probability.

Bug In ( most likely, highest probability) 2-4 weeks in duration.

Hurricane preparedness
Minor civil unrest
Some contagions
Short term power outages

Short term bug out( next most likely). 4weeks to 1 year

Major contagion.
Major civil unrest
EMP

Long term bug out. (Things are never going back to normal)

Nuke
Major EMP
Total economic collapse

I'll come back and break it down in subsequent posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyin6:
I FREAKIN LOVE THIS!

JR:
Sure, another can of worms opens!!

Should be great,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TexasRedNeck:
Well a little back story.  My wife thought I was crazy, collecting weapons, ammo, hiring a professional weapons trainer to do 1:1 lessons each week.  Every time I would try to explain, she would shut down.

Then one day, it happened.  She watched a news special about EMP and the vulnerability of our grid.  So I tossed her my copy of Lights Out and from then on it was a different conversation.

I tend to be very analytical and methodical in my approach so I sat down with her and we went through, for us, what we thought would be the most likely scenarios and built outward from there. Thus the concentric circles were born.  That also gave us the ability to tackle things in an organized fashion.  Why buy land in Idaho for the ultimate BOL, when you can't survive 4 weeks without electricity or water in the event of a natural disaster?

OldKooT:
I am also reading this with interest. That said, I have my reservations as to how much one should invest both time and money in trying to prepare for the unknown.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version