PERSONAL READINESS > Hide Site

My Wife's Hide/Part 1

(1/63) > >>

KensAuto:
This will be a slow thread about transforming a 40+ acre heavily wooded property into my wife's and mine summer retreat.

The older we get the hotter it feels in southern Arizona.  My wife basically wanted a pool, or somewhere cool. I only liked one of those options.

Arizona, our state, does have some beautiful, northern,  high elevation areas,  but the nicest areas are still fairly warm in the summer,  and pretty expensive for acreage, and also dry.

My dream, like many others, was to head to Alaska,  but I knew that would probably never happen. The wife has been retreating to her sister's place in northern Idaho for the last couple years and kept telling me how nice it was,  and "there's water everywhere ". ..kinda like Alaska,  but half as far.

Fast forward to last fall and we ended up with some land close to the SIL, near the Canadian border.

stlaser:
Ken, how are the bugs come July?

TexasRedNeck:
And I thought east Texas was green.....

Wow.  Beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bigdave_185:
What is your elevation Ken?

How far do you expect to need to drill for the well?
How many miles is your easement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KensAuto:
Shawn,  when we walked it last July,  the mosquitoes were bad. Her sister said is was worse than normal.  The grass and other ground cover was like a foot tall everywhere,  that's why I took the brush hog. Waste of time because it's only a couple inches tall right now,  and very few bugs. Did find a tick yesterday tho. Yuck

Dave,  property is about 2500'. Well next door is 240' @25 gallons/min.
SIL hit an artesian a 1/3 mile away tho. They had to build a pond to relieve the excess pressure.
Easement to the uphill driveway is about 1/4 mile..maybe a little more .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version