Hello Guest

Author Topic: 1986 Samurai project-1.6 motor w/adapters-new tires  (Read 1678 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
1986 Samurai project-1.6 motor w/adapters-new tires
« on: October 02, 2016, 12:46:40 AM »
This is posted on CL and on Pirate, but you all deserve a spot too!

1986 Suzuki Samurai soft top. Project I started but have moved on to larger vehicles. It is non-oped so no back fees. It needs a good cleaning but has been tarped so the top is in good shape. Body is in good shape, no rust cept the window frame, but I have another for it!

As it sits it is not running, but was when I parked it. Has a rod knock, but it ran/shifted good.

I have a 1.6ltr Tracker FI motor for it with all the major adapters and parts to put it in. The motor ran good when I pulled it. I have the stock ECM and harness too as well as a 1.6ltr toyota carb for it if you have no smog.

I have also started to put the same tracker seats into it and it has the 2nd row seat.

Has new tires (little bigger than stock) on stock wheels and a spare stock.

It is lifted 3 inches with springs in the front and shackles in rear (but I have 3 lift springs for it)

Steering box locked up, but I have another for it.

Extras;

extra front and rear axles (rear has a locker)

Stock and lift leaf springs

extra drive shafts

2 extra transfer cases with a 6.5 gear rebuild kit uninstalled. (one is solid, one in pieces)

Pair of extra doors without window frames. (stock windows-doors work fine)

For asking price I will include a Warn 4500 winch with synthetic cable (want to keep it light!)

Sure I have missed something as there are boxes of parts for it, but you get the idea.

Obviously, it will need to leave on a trailer. More pictures on request.

Located in the Bay area, near Sac.

How it looked when running;

Little dirty in back;

Extra axles, shafts and Tcase;

EFI 1.6 motor (8v TBI);

Asking $2500 which is way less than all the parts plus the sami.

Pm for more info or pics

THX!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
Re: 1986 Samurai project-1.6 motor w/adapters-new tires
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 02:34:08 PM »
Not going to lie, looks like it'd be fun to bum around in exploring trails.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 05:50:57 PM »
Very fair price JR. I got rid of mine to make room for the Ranger and still miss the little booger....those things go anywhere!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 05:55:00 PM »
Thanks Ken. It just fits in the TH, just.

I am torn for sure but have to many projects to even think of this. Wish I had done this at the beginning of summer.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 12:29:19 AM »
Well, I got many calls for parts, some good but not enough to break it up and deal with selling all the parts.

Settled on $1800, but I kept the winch and sold 1 driveshaft for $100. So figure I'm in the low $2k range now.

Guy sent me a nice deposit and will pickup early Nov, which is about how long it will take to find everything and get it out of the yard!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 12:38:28 AM »
Well, I got many calls for parts, some good but not enough to break it up and deal with selling all the parts.

Settled on $1800, but I kept the winch and sold 1 driveshaft for $100. So figure I'm in the low $2k range now.

Guy sent me a nice deposit and will pickup early Nov, which is about how long it will take to find everything and get it out of the yard!

Good deal, $2k will buy some more 308..... ;)
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 12:41:25 AM »
I have not head spaced either FAL yet but thinking of adding a nice bolt action 308 to the collection.

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal