Hello Guest

Author Topic: A True Thanksgiving!  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
A True Thanksgiving!
« on: November 24, 2016, 09:32:44 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families!

How long has it been since we can honestly say we have had so much to be thankful for. And might I add, be hopeful for? It seems as though we are emerging from a dark time and the guys on the white horses are arriving in number. Something seems to have changed for the better, and indeed it has!

Know what I see most of all? I see a real God who heard the voices of his people, and answered our prayers. Many of us felt hopelessness and were preparing for an unknown future. But that seems to have abated somewhat and finally the feeling is that the Referees are actually going to call the fouls. We can take a collective breath and start to rest a bit in the fact that good and righteousness just won the round. He did not get knocked out and all of us set to run for cover.

God met us! He really did! He saw millions of us repent of our personal sin and he heard us ask for repentance for our nation. You know, there have been dark times in the past for this country. December 1941 comes to mind, so this was not the first time the good people of this great country felt like we were down by three points in the forth quarter with forty yards to go and only five seconds left on the clock. We were literally just there. Nothing but free falling over a cliff leading to a bottomless abyss was staring us all right in the face.

But God intervened! He really, truly heard our cry. He felt our desperation and he showed up in a big way. Ladies and Gentlemen, This is Thanksgiving day! There likely has never been a time, nor will one come again in your lifetime when you have so much to be thankful for!
Thank you Father God! Happy Thanksgiving to all...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A True Thanksgiving!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 11:16:20 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 07:48:45 AM »
Don, I hope you and everyone on this site had a great Thanksgiving. We do have a lot to be thankful for.

We had a great time with our daughter home from college. Then she went to work at Nike for her 8pm to 5am Black Friday shift. At 9:30am we got a txt from her after my wife ask her how it was going. She said the registers had an hour long wait line to check out!!  :o

Crazy people!
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 07:58:22 AM »
We truly do have so much more than we realize to be thankful for. I pray that you all had a great day at Thanksgiving and we will all continue to give thanks to God.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 02:30:05 PM »
I am going to revive this thread i stead of creating a new one.

I would like to wish you all a happy thanksgiving from wendy and I.

Please ensure you include all of our deployed service members in your prayers today like (hopefully) you do everyday.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
A True Thanksgiving!
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 03:34:14 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone as well. I have a lot to be thankful for! 

Yum. Wife and daughter did a great job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 06:17:24 PM by cruizng »
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 06:29:30 PM »
Thanks Nate. I am thankful for like minded real men community here and for Don for bringing us all together. 

Thanks to you who served or are serving. For going to bad places and doing unpleasant and bad things to bad people so we can remain the freest county in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 11:39:49 PM »
We had a simple lunch here at the new home,  one good friend and me and the wife and only two kids.   Thankful to have a roof over my head, a job to work and a wife that raises my kids while I am out.   

Also thankful for you folks.   The social community here is far superior to the other platforms and I have all but given them up.   God is good and thank you .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal