Hello Guest

Author Topic: Seek Thermal Compact  (Read 805 times)

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
Seek Thermal Compact
« on: December 03, 2018, 12:36:06 PM »
I decided to order one of these for an early Christmas present for myself. I’ve been wanting one for a while and was originally looking at the Flir One for the iPhone. I decided on the Seek compact as it was over $100 less, and it has a higher thermal sensor resolution(206x156 vs 80x60or 160x120).  I plan to use it for home improvements(insulation validation, air infiltration...) and for outdoors fun(watching the deer at night and chasing kids around).

It was well packaged and in perfect condition. 

It comes with a waterproof carry case for when it is not in use as can be seen in the picture. I played with it a little bit after unboxing. I can tell you one thing so far, it greatly speeds battery drain on your phone. That is one downside of the Seek vs the Flir. Flir Pro has an internal battery which would definitely be handy if you are planning long thermal imaging sessions. However, as this is my first foray into thermal optics, I chose to go the parasitic power route and just plan to keep my Phone’s battery charged up before use.

Here is a picture of my kids using the computers for schoolwork.  I’ll come back after some more use and update my review to give you more useful information.   Let me know if you have any particular questions and I’ll do my best to answer them for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JR

• View Profile
Re: Seek Thermal Compact
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 04:05:03 PM »
I have been looking over these for a while now. Couple have batteries some have separate mounts and seem a little better ($$$)

I even got one last year with scope mount, but wouldn't work with the phone I had.

Can you add a piggyback battery to the phone? Always handy anyway.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Seek Thermal Compact
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 07:51:21 PM »
Cool device. Adding one of these would help the battery issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal