Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1339405 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #2500 on: February 07, 2017, 12:30:46 AM »
God it is miserable being stuck in Ca.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: February 07, 2017, 11:28:28 AM »
Well my red beast made it to 100K last night.  :cool:

I had the 100K service done as well as catching up with other maintenance. I know... lazy..= $$ but they come to my office pick it up, do the service and bring it back.. all I have to do is give them a credit card.. Oh yeah.. and they pried off one of my center caps on my wheel instead of unbolting it. They were going to fix that today... so we will see how they fix plastic! LOL  don't have my hopes up too high.

Oh and I broke my passenger side mirror pulling out of the garage the other dark cold morning so I have a new one of those on the way that I will have to swap out. Looks like you have to take off the whole honking door panel to re plug it back in... We will see.  :knucklehead:
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: February 07, 2017, 02:48:13 PM »
Dang Sam, you're a long way from home buddy!
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stewie

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: February 07, 2017, 03:40:50 PM »
worked.
Equal Opportunity Hater

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: February 07, 2017, 04:54:30 PM »
When I did my mirrors I only had to remove the inside mirror panel and the switch panel. You can get to everything from there with a little prying.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: February 07, 2017, 07:20:21 PM »
101 pages!
Man.............
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: February 07, 2017, 08:12:27 PM »
so far.. very pleased with the look of the tinted lights. when compared side by side, there is only a SLIGHT difference in intensity.. barely noticeable unless you quickly cover and uncover them back to back.

had to run to the beach to pull out a full kitchen/cabinets/granite island for a friend who is building the new set soon. so.. we got free kitchen cabinets and a slab of 4'x9' granite to do something with (in case you haven't heard.. granite is heavy) hahah

hopefully get to the lightbar and hood light (gonna red tint that) tmrw or the next day. heading to my new-to-me house tmrw to cut the grass and install a lock on the outside building door so i can begin transporting things and locking them up over there.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: February 07, 2017, 08:27:45 PM »
Worked, went to Costco with the wife to get provisions for the next week or so.  At the library with the kids now.  Fun day all around   :grin:

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: February 08, 2017, 04:01:24 AM »
Heavy??

I just moved a piano from my mother in laws who passed. Had a dolly and lift straps and 2 of us could just lift it, and I mean just. Rolled it out to the camino parked in the curb dib to slide it in. Almost as bad getting into the garage hear, but we beat the rain anyway. A few aleeve and a nice stiff adult beverage and I'm done!

Oh, I even framed out under the stairs!

Thomas Jefferson

Offline swbhobie16

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: February 08, 2017, 07:01:13 AM »
this top was at the back of the house, 2nd floor (on stilts) with a long side porch and 3 sets of steps coming down. 6 straight off, landing, 8 to the left, landing and 7 to the right/straight off the house again. so the top wouldn't fit on the landing without being on the top and bottom of each set of steps. lol. then a 25' brick walkway. tedious would be an understatement. hahah.

so sorry to hear about your mother in law.

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: February 08, 2017, 05:40:11 PM »
Worked at the moneymaking job and trying to plan out my driveway onto the property.  Its a 100 ft vertical change between the bottom and where we are planning ot place the homesite.  Should be a fun few days when I get the dozer in to do it.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: February 08, 2017, 06:06:25 PM »
Hello from Ocho Rios...
I'm surviving this cruise thing.
I learned three very important letters that I did I know I'd signed up for.

VIP...

I'll fill in more once I know all is good.

Cheers men, catch ya later!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: February 09, 2017, 11:46:27 AM »
Well today is going well.....lots better than late last night early this AM which I will get to. Today we're getting a good old fashioned Nor'Easter....supposed to get 14-18" of the white stuff. about 4" so far but coming down pretty good and some really significant snow bands heading towards us. Should be done by 5-6PM so will be good to get it cleaned up before tomorrow. Tomorrow wind chills supposed to be -10. But all this is better than late last night....

Yesterday was really warm....got up to 50. Like a spring day. Knowing the snow was coming the wife and I stayed up late to watch a movie. Okay movie but not "incredible" (Arrival).....but okay, tired, heading for bed....put the dog out to pee before locking up....all of a sudden we get that smell.....skunk.....uh oh......call the dog...she comes running in.....and yup....she got it. Not going to bed now! Fortunately we had plenty of hydrogen peroxide to mix up (hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, dish soap)....got her in the downstairs shower and lathered her up....rinse and repeat.....sheesh. But I got her cleaned up. Threw the towels in the trash....threw my clothes in the washer....and went to bed. I hate frigging skunks.... :angry:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: February 09, 2017, 12:13:29 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: February 09, 2017, 12:32:07 PM »
22 pellet gun,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: February 09, 2017, 12:44:43 PM »
Oh and I broke my passenger side mirror pulling out of the garage the other dark cold morning so I have a new one of those on the way that I will have to swap out. Looks like you have to take off the whole honking door panel to re plug it back in... We will see.  :knucklehead:

Yeah, on the 01-02 Chevy trucks and probably older (I had an '02), the plug was right behind the little triangle trim panel. When they revamped the interior/electrical in '03ish, they moved the plug down behind the door panel.  I'm not sure about the 07.5+ trucks, but I bet its the same. Pulling the door panel usually isn't too hard, getting it back on is the pain.
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: February 09, 2017, 12:51:29 PM »
22 pellet gun,,,,,,,,,

Shooting the dog is one way....

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: February 09, 2017, 01:23:56 PM »
That type of scenario only happens with dogs that have never been fed only once a day next to 10+ other dogs chained together - mine are chowing down as soon as the food hits the pan, and finished within 3 mins. or less.  Skunk couldn't get it's head in the bowl quick enough to get a bite!  I will say though, that they're dumb enough to try and play with one if it strolls through the yard!  :knucklehead:
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: February 09, 2017, 04:42:28 PM »
We have not had problems for the most part with skunks....and we feed the dog in the house so we wouldn't see a pic like that! ha.

Did have one down on the patio one night....hot summer night....humid as heck. Nica wanted to go out....I let her out...she raced down off the steps hot on something's tail....uh oh....I ran to the window and looking down (we have a walkout basement) I saw the skunk on the patio....fortunately Nica stopped when I yelled to her...she came back in w/o getting sprayed. But I sat there thinking I don't want to put up with this every night worrying about a dang skunk....I debated shooting it but figured that would guarantee a stink for quite a while. So bright me  :rolleyes: (*ahem*) I said to myself....maybe if I dump some water on it it will leave and not come back. So I got a pot of water....leaned out the window directly above the skunk and let go about a gallon. Well let me say this....I had not even gotten the window slammed shut when I realized this was a mistake....I could taste the damn spray. I ran upstairs to close the upstairs bathroom window and in the few seconds it took me to get up there the smell woke my wife out of a sound sleep. She was none too happy.  :facepalm: Well I said "hey at least Nica wasn't sprayed....." Damn stink stuck around for about a week. Nasty darn stuff....

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: February 09, 2017, 05:32:34 PM »
I suspect that was a staged photo with a pet skunk that had its glands removed.  Knew a lady that had one and she thought it was the best pet ever.   :facepalm:

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: February 09, 2017, 05:54:00 PM »

Yeah, on the 01-02 Chevy trucks and probably older (I had an '02), the plug was right behind the little triangle trim panel. When they revamped the interior/electrical in '03ish, they moved the plug down behind the door panel.  I'm not sure about the 07.5+ trucks, but I bet its the same. Pulling the door panel usually isn't too hard, getting it back on is the pain.

I don't think it will be bad. I did find an exact video online how to do it so I will tackle this weekend when it is supposed to be 42 degrees instead of minus 5 like this morning. I really need a big heated shop!!  :grin:
Mike

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: February 09, 2017, 08:09:56 PM »
Good luck with the mirror. I haven't had the pleasure yet...hope it's not too bad.

We're somewhere between the Cayman Islands and Cozumel now.

Cheers!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: February 10, 2017, 06:39:28 AM »
I suspect that was a staged photo with a pet skunk that had its glands removed.  Knew a lady that had one and she thought it was the best pet ever.   :facepalm:
Some lady around here had one too. She said they just like a cat. Use the litter box and everything.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: February 10, 2017, 07:41:15 AM »
When I was a kid we had skunks all the time around the house.  My dad used to trap them, then shoot them I think.  If I remember right, they couldn't raise there tail in the trap so they couldn't spray.  Then, I think a solid head shot to make sure they don't spray when they die.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: February 10, 2017, 07:43:15 AM »
I don't think it will be bad. I did find an exact video online how to do it so I will tackle this weekend when it is supposed to be 42 degrees instead of minus 5 like this morning. I really need a big heated shop!!  :grin:

I swapped the standard mirrors for tow mirrors on my 03 years back.  It really isn't hard to remove the panel or get it installed again.  Should be a pretty easy, quick job.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: February 10, 2017, 07:43:20 AM »
Turtle man always caught them by hand. He said if you don't let them turn on you they won't spray.

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: February 10, 2017, 07:54:22 AM »
Good luck with the mirror. I haven't had the pleasure yet...hope it's not too bad.

Cheers!

Enjoy the toasty weather! I could use some of that right now. We are in the winter doldrums and cabin fever.  :cry:
Mike

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: February 10, 2017, 05:48:10 PM »
The warm has been nice.
But what happens when a redneck that normally has a tan when it's warm out...
Who doesn't use sunscreen...
Who has no tan...
And remembers sunscreen is needed...on day three...

I got a bit burnt, but not terrible...

Down to a couple days and hen back to Internet...not sure I've missed it that much.
Sam

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: February 10, 2017, 06:57:07 PM »
I'm ready for a NASCAR pit crew. Started to replace my mirror at 4:55. Done,tested,and buttoned up by 5:30. Much easier than I was expecting.

Pics and it happened.

I heard a Sawzall fixes everything.  Naw

Popped off plastic cover plates and removed 3 10mm bolts.

Pry up the controls to access wiring bundle plug.

Unbolt mirror.

Fish wires through hole and bolt new one back in.

Pop inside panel back on and bolt back in.

Fineato!

It evens works, lights up and I didn't tear anything up costing ,e more $$

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mike

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: February 11, 2017, 08:26:41 AM »
Headin out to the property today to make a detailed topo map so I can properly plan my new driveway in and placement of the house when we get to that point. I'm going to try a new app on my phone that takes gps readings every few feet and makes contour lines in a map. Should be interesting, I'll let you know how it goes.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:35:12 AM by dave945 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: February 11, 2017, 08:27:35 AM »

Cheers!
Lord help ya!

An eskimo in the tropics...

Cats and dogs...oil and water...Hippies and jobs...Shummer and truth...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: February 11, 2017, 08:28:22 AM »
Headin out to the property today to make a detailed topo map so I can properly plan my new driveway in and placement of the house when we get to that point. I'm going to try a new spoon my phone that takes gps readings every few feet and makes contour lines in a map. Should be interesting, I'll let you know how it goes.
Might have to get Sarge up there to wreck some stuff!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: February 11, 2017, 08:40:18 AM »
What app are you using?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: February 11, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »
Yesterday I installed a manually dehumidistat at the weekend place to control the dehumidifier. Installed a new wireless video receiver and downloaded and started reading One Second After. A book about life after an EMP. Similar to Lights Out.

I hope trump pays attention and starts working on hardening our grid.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: February 11, 2017, 09:03:47 AM »
Yesterday I installed a manually dehumidistat at the weekend place to control the dehumidifier. Installed a new wireless video receiver and downloaded and started reading One Second After. A book about life after an EMP. Similar to Lights Out.

I hope trump pays attention and starts working on hardening our grid.

Read that a few years ago.
Author was the leading authority on Asymetric warefare/EMP in the US Military

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: February 11, 2017, 09:29:17 AM »
Well it was last night but I made chicken parmesan lasagna to bring to work.

So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: February 11, 2017, 09:47:42 AM »
When I was a kid we had skunks all the time around the house.  My dad used to trap them, then shoot them I think.  If I remember right, they couldn't raise there tail in the trap so they couldn't spray.  Then, I think a solid head shot to make sure they don't spray when they die.

I know some guys use a Haveahart trap with a rope on the handle....trap a skunk and then throw the whole thing in a pond/lake for a while to drown them. Didn't know that about not being able to spray when in the trap....makes sense. I have a trap like that but not sure I want to "test" it. Ha. If it/they came back I'd prob try some poison I could keep an eye on so nothing else gets into it. Nasty bastards. Trying to get the smell out of the house...it's mostly gone after washing all the walls in the bathroom, air fresheners, running an air filter nonstop....what a pita.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: February 11, 2017, 10:01:11 AM »
Skunks, several times I have had to mess with them (back on farm in Indiana). When I caught up to them they were several hundred yards from our home  & closer to a neighbor I didn't much care for. Caught them in a ditch on neighbors side of road and ditch made a good bullet trap too. Disposal consisted of me staying away from dead skunk.....
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: February 11, 2017, 10:36:11 AM »
A bunch of us got together and had a little cattle drive this morning. One of the neighbors needed a bunch of pregnant cows moved a couple miles down the road. It's kinda fun to do that. I'm glad we have the the of neighbors that are willing to pull together to do this. If he had to trailer them home it would take all day. We got them all moved in a hour or so.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:37:11 AM by Farmer Jon »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: February 11, 2017, 11:16:55 AM »
Wondering why a 15/16 wrench exists. They aren't in the full sets I buy and darn if they don't cost as much individually as I paid for the whole set.  Maybe this belongs in CIEMR

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: February 11, 2017, 11:30:49 AM »
There's one in every set I got. Its the metrics that skip sizes. Number 20 is one of them.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: February 11, 2017, 01:11:28 PM »
Wondering why a 15/16 wrench exists. They aren't in the full sets I buy and darn if they don't cost as much individually as I paid for the whole set.  Maybe this belongs in CIEMR

You guys will probably laugh but some of my best tools have come from $20 misc boxes of "junk" at farm auctions. I did end up with 300 various screw drivers buying all those $20 junk boxes which I then regifted at my auction before moving to CO

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: February 11, 2017, 01:18:22 PM »

I know some guys use a Haveahart trap with a rope on the handle....trap a skunk and then throw the whole thing in a pond/lake for a while to drown them. Didn't know that about not being able to spray when in the trap....makes sense. I have a trap like that but not sure I want to "test" it. Ha. If it/they came back I'd prob try some poison I could keep an eye on so nothing else gets into it. Nasty bastards. Trying to get the smell out of the house...it's mostly gone after washing all the walls in the bathroom, air fresheners, running an air filter nonstop....what a pita.
Once they're in a havaheart you can also approach them while holding a sheet in front of you. Lay the sheet over the trap then move them slowly. I haven't done it myself but have watch others do it from a distance (upwind).

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: February 11, 2017, 02:55:06 PM »
Longball you're welcome to come over and show me how to do that....I'll watch from inside the house through the bino's... :wink:

Had a good AM....woke up to another 5" of snow or so. Snowblower that....shoveled my FIL walk and porch....then snowshoe'd 3.5 miles in the woods. There's something so peaceful about the woods with fresh snow. I love being out in it. My first time snowshoeing but I know it will be something I do a lot of, definitely fun.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: February 11, 2017, 03:00:16 PM »
Longball you're welcome to come over and show me how to do that....I'll watch from inside the house through the bino's... :wink:

Had a good AM....woke up to another 5" of snow or so. Snowblower that....shoveled my FIL walk and porch....then snowshoe'd 3.5 miles in the woods. There's something so peaceful about the woods with fresh snow. I love being out in it. My first time snowshoeing but I know it will be something I do a lot of, definitely fun.

I agree.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: February 11, 2017, 04:26:01 PM »
I agree as well about the woods & fresh snow. Did you buy your own snow shoes or rent them? Been thinking of trying that out. Local place rents equipment.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: February 11, 2017, 04:40:28 PM »
I agree as well about the woods & fresh snow. Did you buy your own snow shoes or rent them? Been thinking of trying that out. Local place rents equipment.

I bought them....had a LLBean gift card from Christmas and got them on sale....they are light...fit easily....have decent crampons for traction....I really like them. I can post the ones I got if you're interested. I got poles too which do seem to help as well...just a little extra stability.

Supposed to get another foot or so tomorrow into Monday so will get some more chances to use them. The storms are sighted in now it appears and firing for effect. Ha.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: February 11, 2017, 06:10:44 PM »
There is a scout event this weekend going snowshoeing up in Lassen, I passed.

I do like the fresh snow and we have plenty now about 100 miles away. Kids are off in a couple weeks so a trip is in order.

Finally hasn't rain for 2 day now, mids 60s out. Very nice.

Still cleaning the garage, Spartan is calling me,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: February 11, 2017, 07:05:11 PM »

I bought them....had a LLBean gift card from Christmas and got them on sale....they are light...fit easily....have decent crampons for traction....I really like them. I can post the ones I got if you're interested. I got poles too which do seem to help as well...just a little extra stability.

Supposed to get another foot or so tomorrow into Monday so will get some more chances to use them. The storms are sighted in now it appears and firing for effect. Ha.

If you wouldn't mind posting that would be great, a snow shoe review thread might be a great idea too

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: February 11, 2017, 07:13:43 PM »
DITTO

Thomas Jefferson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal