FOOD CORNER > Cooking equipment

So we bought s smoker....

(1/5) > >>

OldKooT:
Yesterday I tried very hard to purchase a smoker. I was set on the idea of buying a Green Mountain grill. I called every dealer within 200 miles of us. My plan was to just go buy one, load it up and be smoking ASAP> "because Nate"

For reasons I can't explain simply, the prices on the same grill varied by almost $300. The lowest priced one was still almost $200 higher than I was told they cost in hippy land. Very odd, since EVERY dealer told me they were on sale.... anyway.

While I was mentioning these price discrepancies to my wife as she had her nose in her laptop, ranting low key about how maybe I should become a dealer for such items as clearly the mark up was quite good.....she declares the following.

"I just now bought a smoker, it will be here this week maybe, Relax"  My first thought...she actually has her credit card #'s memorized... sneaky.

Next post:

OldKooT:
Her smoker selection criteria....

The smoker needs to smoke a large Turkey, or a large ham, it has to sear a ribeye, or say smoke a leg quarter.

It has to be light enough she can move it *not sure why*

Portable enough we can take it to Husker games, or Auto crossing, car shows, or down to the shop. *guessing this is why*

It can't rely on electricity to operate.

It has to be simple because .... never mind why.

So her selection was/is a "Pit Barrel Cooker"  the link https://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/

She bought the entire deal including "accessories" for $365 shipped to our door. So I have decided I will do a review of said "cooker" when it arrives. The a review of my attempts to use it...

Nate:
well dang it norm, I could have come out that way and showed you how to make one for $160.

but for real, congratulations, you'll love it.

when you get it, let me know and I can either come out there and give you all the block of inst on how to use it or I can try it over the phone.

just make sure that you get "lump charcoal" they sell it at lowes.  it burns better and longer than the briquettes.

on another note, my cow is done and i am heading out to the cordova meat locker tomorrow to pick it up.

stlaser:
I do think you should become a dealer, then give us "special" pricing (well maybe not Ken due to his affiliation with H) but I like the idea. And now you have a building where you could put a showroom too...... :likebutton:

OldKooT:
Honestly making one was the plan...I think she just didn't want to wait for me to actually do it LoL  Because still no air/welder at the shop...

I was going to buy her that fancy E smoker thingy like Shawn has and come to find out she wants to drag it to games n such...*news to me.

Either or, you guys will get to watch the process..the triumph, the despair right here.

She even said since it's inexpensive I can "modify it" if I want to.....

Shawn.... The idea of said building is so I can hide, not talk to people LoL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version