Hello Guest

Author Topic: Christmas 2015  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Christmas 2015
« on: December 10, 2015, 03:24:48 PM »
I have 18 kids this year to provide for. I'm throwing in every cent RM has which isn't much but a start. I'll spot more obviously as we get going

These are from Africa, all refugees, All of Christian families who fled for their lives before the terror of Islam. The families we supported last year all sprouted and took off. They are employed, in churches, plugged into the community in Cincy and even giving back.

I feel they are worthwhile. If anyone wants to donate you can click on the donation tab here and give away. If not, that's fine...just putting it out there for ya

Merry Christmas!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 08:27:17 PM »
Thanks Mike.

I appreciate the giving, but understand the time of the year and folks financial condition so I am not really asking for any $$$.
I'd say just ask God what he thinks. If the spirit moves you either way, listen to him, not me.
I'll bet he will provide for his people. Kat will do the shopping for us again and one way or another we are going to give all 18 something nice...mostly clothes I think...That's what they need

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 09:09:30 PM »
Thanks Ken!
Wow, this is going great!

I'm posting the money we have in the old donations thread. Kat is excited...she gets to shop for the kids!

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 09:16:52 PM »
 You are quite welcome. If you say they're good people, that's good enough for me.

Don, if you didn't know, it gives you an option to donate anonymously and I know 2 people that may have hit that option. lol

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 09:47:09 PM »
You are quite welcome. If you say they're good people, that's good enough for me.

Don, if you didn't know, it gives you an option to donate anonymously and I know 2 people that may have hit that option. lol

Ken,
Kathy vouches for them. She has been moving up furniture for them all day...still there and it's 2143!

More on these folks: The Cincinnati program takes Christian refugees from the Muslim aggression. ISIS is all the news, but Muslim murder is rampid in Africa. All these folks are from the African continent. Based on what we have seen this past year, we are lucky to have them. Talk about a thankful bunch of folks...THEY ARE!

I Saw another donation come in, the pay pal lets me see who from the ones thus far...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 09:47:28 PM »
Thank You Mr. Woody!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 08:12:40 AM »
Thanks Fred

We now have $350 of Real Man money + my kick in so that's just great!

This money is buying an African kid a pair of shoes or a winter coat. They all have shoes by now but some (Most??) probably don't have coats. Imagine that, no coats. Not trying to tug on your heart strings and make you feel guilty or anything, not the way I work.

But I see it and want to share with you what we see. Kathy was just telling me that these kids appreciate every little thing you give them. Conversely, when she gives inner city American kids things they will complain that it's not what they want or the wrong color, or the food isn't good. American kids want junk food whereas these African kids will eat everything and anything we provide.

She took all of them to a Reds game last year. Get em' started on the right team, right away we say in this neck of the woods! Bengals next!

Oh, we are giving each family, 8 total, a Kroger's gift card for their Christmas dinner as well.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2015, 09:23:15 AM »
Money is still coming in
You can watch it accumulate on the Donations sticky first thread

Thanks Kyle!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 12:01:31 PM »
Thank you Dave!

We are up to $450 now from Real Man

Wife has collected another $2000!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 10:41:45 PM »
Thanks again Mike! That was outstanding!

We show what we care about by where we spend our money on

I just gave Kath the check for $550 to add to everything else. She was online tonight for quite awhile trying to figure out where she could get the most bang for our buck. She starts the exhaustive shopping tomorrow.

We now have somewhere between $2500 and $3000 for the kids. Each family (8 total) will get a $100 gift coupon to Kroger for the dinner, and with the $1700 remaining we are going to try to put something on each of their 18 kids. Not going to be easy. My son donated several pairs of newer shoes which will serve someone way better than him, and we are finding other barely used items to plus this Christmas up for them

Thank you so very much from all of us, and from the International Missions church which sponsored these families and got them here from their dangerous former homes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal