Hello Guest

Author Topic: Our Christmas support 2016  (Read 9761 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Our Christmas support 2016
« on: December 04, 2016, 10:08:59 PM »
I'm making a decision here. I'm choosing who Real Man will support for Christmas this year.

This has been a bit of a struggle for me because the individuals which God has clearly placed in my/our way are just regular Americans. Not refugees, not homeless, not sick, but other than the "Nots" I listed, they don't have very much at all.

The reason I decided, or rather why I struggled with doing something for them, is that it places my wife in a difficult position. She is the manager of the community where these people live. If we openly supported them, then it would create a situation where the property manager openly favored some of the residents, and that crosses lines.

But know what? When I tell you about these people, you'll know why I'm doing this and why they are the right picks. Sadie, a 10 year old 5th grader, and Bella, an eleven year old 6th grader dont have moms. Well with the exception of my wife who spends every moment she can with them, these girls have no adult female being a positive influence on them. THey both live with their dads in small apartments. Neither of these girls ever get much or anything for Christmas, not even a good meal. They have virtually no family support, and they are just barely scraping by.

Last week my wife told me that since the two girls hang around in her office from the time they get home from school, until my Frau leaves, my wife started paying them to do simple chores. Last week, she gave each of the girls $5 to deliver notices to the various apartments. The next day, Kat asked them what they did with the money. Each girl gave it to their dads, who immediately spent it on some food.

Now I don't know about you, but that just tears me up. I have two of everything and a big old house with food spoiling in the frig. Those kids don't always eat! Kat has to visit the apartments on a more or less routine basis to check condition and for needed repairs. Once she stayed and helped one of the girls make up her room more nicely. She couldn't find any sheets. Speaking to her father later, she asked where the sheets were. He told my wife that he didn't have any, but that he was going to get some just as soon as he could.

No sheets...

Speaking to the girls about Christmas, they were dismissive. It turns out that they do not get anything, any presents for Christmas. Bella said "Dad gets me something when he gets his income tax check...

No Christmas gifts...

Well to heck with that. I am going to pick the whole thing up, help or not. I WILL NOT let this happen right under my nose. Faith without works is dead...And my spirit is very much alive over these little girls.

I mean, this just tears me up...I feel wrong sitting in this big house knowing they have nothing...

I'm not asking for anything, God can provide the money. I just wanted to share this story which I'll bet is going on in every city. I can't get em' all, but I can get these four folks covered, and Real Man will cover them this year.

I plan to buy them bedding, coats, some clothes, some toiletries, and some Kroger gift cards. I think I'll finish it off with a gift card to a bowling alley, or movie theater, and a gift certificate for a decent restaurant where they can eat Christmas dinner...Or maybe I'll have them over our house for Christmas if I can figure out how to do that without my wife having charges filed against her or getting her fired
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 07:10:11 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
Re: Our Christmas support, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 11:00:50 PM »
Don,

That does bring a lump in your throat and you are right... most of us have much more than we could ask for.

The other end of that spectrum is where I was last night. A black tie "Holly Ball" fund raiser for the local hospital hospice program. Very worthwhile program and so touching what they do for end of life and their family's. Almost 4000 people and they raised over $880,000.00 during the evening with other donations still coming in. I spoke to one of the people that have been involved for a long time and they have raised so much money over the years they had to expand to other areas beside hospice.

All good... but when you hear of the family in your story it raises the question as to how to get support to them.

Thanks for bringing this family to our attention.

God Bless

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 07:24:46 PM by Flyin6 »
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Our Christmas support
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 08:04:10 AM »
Had a thought, rather more to the point, my wife had a thought and shared it with me.

Someone here stepped up and donated $200 which is awesome. Another member wrote me saying they were in a position to help. I wrote him back, telling him about the pay-pal donation tab we have in this section somewhere...But to pray about it first and just do whatever God tells them to do which might include doing nothing at all. That's not my lane...

But Don thinks like this: If you want to help, then just send money and I will spend all of it plus whatever else is needed to take care of this need. You see, I trust myself completely, that I will always take all of the money and spend it on whatever we decided to spend it on. It never occurred to me that someone may not be comfortable with that...my bad

In this modern day world of scammers and bad people, this might look like just that, some scam. So, Miss Kathy told me to correct what I said and amend it to say, you could send an age appropriate gift or gift card instead of money if you so preferred. Wow...never thought of that...What can I say, I'm only a crusty old pilot, and apparently not very smart. I just know myself and never think anything negative when God is busy doing his thing and I am involved.

So if you feel so moved, and please feel no pressure at all, I will do this myself and get it done, I am sure of that. If you feel like getting involved and want to send something tangible, PM me or email me and I'll give you my address or Sadie's or Bella's address. (I guess I can give out their addresses...legally speaking...can't I???) Well if I'm not allowed to give out their addresses, and I do, and the authorities show up at the door, and the web site goes silent for a time. If that happens, I guess I'll just do what Paul did and use the jail time to witness to everyone there! See, there's always an up-side!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 08:16:02 AM »
Don,

That does bring a lump in your throat and you are right... most of us have much more than we could ask for.

The other end of that spectrum is where I was last night. A black tie "Holly Ball" fund raiser for the local hospital hospice program. Very worthwhile program and so touching what they do for end of life and their family's. Almost 4000 people and they raised over $880,000.00 during the evening with other donations still coming in. I spoke to one of the people that have been involved for a long time and they have raised so much money over the years they had to expand to other areas beside hospice.

All good... but when you hear of the family in your story it raises the question as to how to get support to them.

Thanks for bringing this family to our attention.

God Bless

Hospice at Christmas time. What a sobering thought...

I don't like to think about death during Christmas, but it is still happening. Folks everywhere are going through their last days during the Christmas time.

I never go a single Christmas without remembering Baghdad, Christmas day, 2005. I was sitting outside the hangar next to my bird...I was first up. The explosion rocked the building, it was a big one. I got in and fired up the aircraft. We were supposed to get on top of whatever just happened and provide some gun support while the ground guys sorted through stuff. It was an M1 Abrams tank. They blew it apart over on Canal street. Killed all our guys...

After I landed back at Washington LZ, near the US Embassy, I realized it was early morning. I'd make it, if memory serves me correctly, maybe 9AM, possibly earlier...

That's significant. Iraq is what, 8 or 9 hours ahead of the east coast. In those eight hours the death notifications would work their way through channels and about the time some families were opening their presents, an officer in uniform would be knocking on their door...What an awful Christmas...

I'll admit it, I wept at the thought, and it haunts me to this day.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 11:21:49 AM »
Don,

I think what you are planning for Sadie and Bella is great! I'll be in touch later this week by PM. The Lord is definitely doing his work through you!
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Dawg25385

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 11:54:11 AM »
I'm in. No kid should be without on Christmas. Will donate tonight after speaking with my wife.

Each year we adopt a family, getting gifts for kids... my wife and I, and my sister do it together. We would much rather do that than buy gifts for each other. As you say, Lord knows we have 2 of everything we need, and much more that we simply want. Least we can do is make some kids' Christmas joyful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 03:33:44 PM »
I'm in. No kid should be without on Christmas. Will donate tonight after speaking with my wife.

Each year we adopt a family, getting gifts for kids... my wife and I, and my sister do it together. We would much rather do that than buy gifts for each other. As you say, Lord knows we have 2 of everything we need, and much more that we simply want. Least we can do is make some kids' Christmas joyful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Copy that, and you are so right

Giving to disadvantaged is SO MUCH BETTER than getting a physical gift.  8)

What people don't understand is that the feeling and satisfaction you get from knowing you did something right and selfless is really one of the best gifts you can get. I'll take that, along with a good cup of joe, and settle for that on any future Christmas.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:39:53 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 07:24:04 PM »
OK fellas, we're off and running. I started by shopping them each a color full sized adventure bible. I scored them at a 20% discount and ended up paying $45 and change for the two of them. I purchased my middle son one years ago and before he retired it, he had read the entire thing almost 3 1/2 times!

I then went to Burlington coat factory. I was shopping a coat each and called my wife to get their sized. Kathy told me to step back away from the little girls clothes rack and no one gets hurt! She's a capable woman and I bought her three handguns in as many years. Remember, she's the one that shot up an entire 1,000 round of 9mm 124 gr during one six month stint I had in the Stan...

I am by no means finished. I am going to get some art supplies for Bella tomorrow, as she loves to draw. Not sure yet what sort of a "Toy" I may get for either of them, but I heed to put something like a $50 or $100 gift card for Krogers in there so they can get some food. I'm not letting Kathy kick me away from the coats just yet, I have some fight in me still.

I'll keep everyone posted and take some pics of the presents before I ship them out

This is fun!

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 08:19:45 PM »
Great Job Don.  Letting Jesus show in our actions is the best sermon that anyone can ever get.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 10:48:35 PM »
THIS^^^^

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2016, 06:53:16 AM »
Don, check text on your phone - Art supplies covered already.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 10:00:55 AM »
I love it!

I am down right excited about this!!!!!

The girls have no idea!

I have never met them, but Kath went to visit them one by one yesterday afternoon and left her phone on while she talked to them about Christmas and I listened in while I was shopping for them.

We are gonna rock their world...They aren't expecting anything

There are spiritual blessings and living water ah-plenty flowin' outta this one

Take some of the blessing for yourself, I wouldn't miss it, no way

Jesus says for what you do for the least of these you do as unto me

I heard dat!

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:01:42 AM by Flyin6 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2016, 10:02:05 AM »
Hint: (Get infected with this!)

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 06:29:07 PM »
What about the fathers? If they are working, and trying to make ends meet, wouldn't it be a good idea to get them something? Work boots, a warm jacket or something? Nothing super extravagant, but when you're getting kicked in the gut sometimes small things help ease the pain. Just a thought.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2016, 07:24:07 PM »
Bobby,

I am trying to do something for them. I am being squeezed pretty thin but I can put together a Kroger gift card for each. I would like to get them something they can use, but I only have so much cashola. With that said, if I was a dad and i knew someone had limited assets for me, I'd want that person to spend it all on my little girl.

This is far from over. Whatever I get, which is $250 so far plus, I think $80 I had left over will all go to them. I'll put a couple hundred against that to make this right...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 02:28:49 PM »
I got a few more donations.

Just glance over the donations topic and you'll see what we got and what is spent.

It's looking good my friends. I think we will definitely be able to close the loop on this one and make those girls and their daddy's very happy!

Any suggestions like Bobby had concerning this? I'd like to hear your opinions. I'll just ignore everything and go off and do whatever I want (I'm a Warrant Officer after all!)  ;) but to make you feel good about it, let's hear if there is something I should do or include!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 02:42:01 PM »
How about giving each of the girls a gift card to Walmart (or similar) so they can use them to buy a gift for their parents? Just an idea.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2016, 02:47:22 PM »
How about giving each of the girls a gift card to Walmart (or similar) so they can use them to buy a gift for their parents? Just an idea.
Not Bad...(For a Tanker!) yea, I think we can do that. Be a small amount, say $25 each. Good idea!

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2016, 02:48:52 PM »
Not Bad...(For a Tanker!) yea, I think we can do that. Be a small amount, say $25 each. Good idea!
Well, I is a ossifer! LOL!

And I'm Cav, which means I'm a little more gentile than most CDATs. LOL
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2016, 03:07:45 PM »
Well, I is a ossifer! LOL!

And I'm Cav, which means I'm a little more gentile than most CDATs. LOL

;-))

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2016, 04:58:02 PM »

Just glance over the donations topic and you'll see what we got and what is spent.

It's looking good my friends. I think we will definitely be able to close the loop on this one and make those girls and their daddy's very happy!

Any suggestions like Bobby had concerning this? I'd like to hear your opinions. I'll just ignore everything and go off and do whatever I want (I'm a Warrant Officer after all!)  ;) but to make you feel good about it, let's hear if there is something I should do or include!

If you had extra $$ I think Bobby's is right but if you have specific $$ to spend and if I was their Dad I would want it all to go to them. My gift would be their faces on Christmas morning.   :)
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2016, 11:10:58 PM »

If you had extra $$ I think Bobby's is right but if you have specific $$ to spend and if I was their Dad I would want it all to go to them. My gift would be their faces on Christmas morning.   :)
I took my bride out to dinner tonight. Tomorrow is our anniversary, but we both will be busy.

We were talking about the girls and Kath told me that one of the dads is not the girl's dad at all, but her Granddad!

Kath found out today, when she was asking Sadie what her dad might want for Christmas. Sadie said she didn't know her dad, and her mother left her when she was small. She said her granddad is the only father she had ever known.

Man this stuff just tears me up. That poor innocent little child. Why do some kids get a sorry deal like that?

Well, apparently the stories are worse than I knew before. This granddad is laboring in a warehouse, and just had his hours reduced! Obamacare related, pushing people to part time. Now he can't afford his rent. He can feed them or pay rent, but not both. Kath said she had one resident who has been secretly kicking in $300 a month to help with his rent which is $700 a month.

Now Bella's dad is her real dad, but he got laid off and all he could find was a car sales job. He gets to make a $600 draw every 2 weeks (You hearing this...$600 in two weeks!!!) if he sells his minimum number of cars. But he didn't and got no draw this time. Now the same person who secretly paid the extra $300 for Sadie's granddad, actually anty'd up and paid his entire rent! Anonymously!

Now that's a true act of sacrifice and kindness.

So anyone have any idea how I could make $1000 a month with this web site? I'd gladly and secretly donate every red cent to those families. I actually have something else in the works, and if it pans out then I can easily cover this indefinitely, and I will. I'm gonna lead from the front on this one. This just can't happen.

So back to Christmas. I'll get some fun stuff, but I think we need to go heavy on the Kroger/food gift card idea. Kath is taking them out shopping as a side thing next week, so we'll be able to figure out some more things and what they need.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2016, 12:06:20 AM »
Don, we (county Public Works) are helping 3 families get through the holidays, it is so sad knowing even when so many are helped there are so many more that get no help.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2016, 09:23:53 AM »
Don, we (county Public Works) are helping 3 families get through the holidays, it is so sad knowing even when so many are helped there are so many more that get no help.
First of all: Good/Great

Secondly: When we surrender our lives and accept Jesus, we accept his agenda as well. If the holy spirit truly dwells within someone, they can no more turn a blind eye to this sort of need than Jesus could.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2016, 04:10:53 PM »
It sucks when there are good people like this, busting their backsides to make a living and take care of family, but getting kicked down at every turn. What's worse is the number of people stealing oxygen on the government dole, with no drive or desire to work for what they get. I am so glad there are people like you and the anonymous benefactors in their apartment complex trying to provide these folks assistance. God is definitely working here.
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 07:01:12 PM »
It sucks when there are good people like this, busting their backsides to make a living and take care of family, but getting kicked down at every turn. What's worse is the number of people stealing oxygen on the government dole, with no drive or desire to work for what they get. I am so glad there are people like you and the anonymous benefactors in their apartment complex trying to provide these folks assistance. God is definitely working here.
Well, I am next to nobody in the mix. Its the holy spirit (The same thing God sees when he looks at me) that is doing this. I, like you and the others are only hands and feet and mouthpieces, little more.

We give all the glory for this outpouring of love to our God and Jesus!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2016, 07:07:50 PM »
We have some more money coming in, I am told which is exciting.

I picked up some flannel sheets, but nothing else. I REALLY want to get each girl a coat, but momma has threatened physical bodily damage my way if I dare purchase anything without her approving nod.

I am wise in such matters. I didn't buy the two coats (Yet).

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2016, 07:11:58 PM »

I picked up some flannel sheets, but nothing else. I REALLY want to get each girl a coat, but momma has threatened physical bodily damage my way if I dare purchase anything without her approving nod.

You have daughters and HH6. Let them deal with the girl stuff, it's safer for you that way.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Our Christmas support 2016
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2016, 07:13:33 PM »

You have daughters and HH6. Let them deal with the girl stuff, it's safer for you that way.
Copy that

But, man I don't want to delegate this. I want to do it all, just want to

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 07:24:03 PM »

Copy that

Maybe letting your girls pick some things to give will be a good learning experience...really drives it home.

And gawd forbid you pick the WRONG thing...the hide site would be your primary residence! Haha

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2016, 07:28:07 PM »

Copy that

Maybe letting your girls pick some things to give will be a good learning experience...really drives it home.

And gawd forbid you pick the WRONG thing...the hide site would be your primary residence! Haha
Dunno, I've got a pretty nice dog house going on...

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2016, 09:43:44 AM »
Dunno, I've got a pretty nice dog house going on...
[/quote]
Then SquareD would NEVER get done! LOL
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2016, 08:08:01 PM »
Mikey, thanks for sending the two art packs!

Kat interviewed the two girls Friday and both of them wanted coloring books, as in the complex adult aged ones. I think I'll augument the stuff you sent with another book from Michael's.

Kat is standing her ground over the coat thing. She has assured me, I know nothing about little girls, let alone what they wear.

I'm saddened...Thought I had that one in the bag... ;-))

A couple more donations came in so I think we're there. Haven't added it up, but guessing we're over $600.

Since I spent on a few things already, we still have a goodly amount for the coloring books, coats and some more gift cards.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2016, 08:20:01 PM »
It's exciting to think about how surprised these girls and fathers are going to be on Christmas, only thing that'd make it better is if they ALL find Christ this Christmas!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2016, 08:56:33 AM »
It's exciting to think about how surprised these girls and fathers are going to be on Christmas, only thing that'd make it better is if they ALL find Christ this Christmas!
Very True

Our job is to care for them. To prove our faith through good works. To plant the seed, and if it comes to witnessing, to do that.

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2016, 02:17:07 PM »
The best way to lead anyone is by example.  ;)
~Sean M. Davis

Μολων Λαβε

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2016, 12:11:25 PM »
We just had a guest here donate $100 for (I assume) the girls!

That is a 10+ on the "What's cool meter!"

So, yesterday I picked up two more gift cards for the ladies, $50 each for a girls store called "Justice." They didn't sell tools or car parts or flying gear, so of course I had never ventured there! It's like visiting a distant land for a guy like me going into a place like that. Everything is just wonder and amazement. Usually a sales person immediately sees the "What is wrong with this picture" of me standing next to little girl things, so I get a lot of help. The blessing worked both ways as the young lady sales girl was very moved by the story I shared about our Christmas girls.

Additionally, I got them some fuzzy girly blankets and some mattress cases. They don't have the latter and are required to, but as I stated earlier, are required to, but the dad's can't afford.

This may constitute enough on the gift side for the girls, I'll now focus on putting money against the rent, electric bill, and maybe some other outstanding bills. At the moment one of the dads is in a bad situation. Having to decide between heat and food, with nothing for rent constitutes an emergency by my reckoning, so we will probably sow into that to help get him over the hump so to speak.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2016, 02:57:50 PM »
Our scout troop/packs pick families and do food pickups too. Not that I totally agree with the food banks policy's, but not my call.

Anyway, now that I found this,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2016, 05:20:55 PM »
Somehow the Christmas hampers in town were totally forgot about.
So the school administrators shocked me. They've each sponsored a family, the school has a couple as well, and then HH6 did a couple as well. I was very happy to hear his from her.
I haven't joined in here as our dollar is in the tank, and weve always tried to help out around home.
I'm super pumped to hear of the guest donation, and all that s happening here.
May God bless each and every one of us that are helping the less fortunate this year.

I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2016, 02:57:52 PM »
Well, another one of you wonderful knuckleheads has donated another $100. I should be so blessed as to have met such a great group of men (And one lady)!
Really a nice place to be, spending our money on these two families...I just love that I can do this and that all of you have entrusted me with your hard to come-by money.

Father God, Bless these families which we seek to sow into this year. And Also, so as they give, that shall be given in kind back to them. Bless gift and giver in the name of our most precious Jesus, the ultimate gift!

OK, ridin' high here. But had to do the shopping thing again.The blankets I purchased for the two ladies lasted about five seconds into Kat's inspection. I got something like, "What, you think they are five years old?" Followed by, "Tomorrow after church, you're taking those back and I'll shop for something proper for them."

So it is now after church, and after the re-shopping. The blankets are no more. Instead there are two more queen sized matress covers for the dads. And a couple sets of sheets. And some solid color mink blanket. And we have cash left over. But, Kat is on the hunt for a coat for Miss Sadie. Afterward we should still have money to pay on to their Jan rent payment.

The Lady, and Gentlemen, I believe your spirit spoke up loudly here, and we will make a difference in these two's lives.

Thank you very much

I think we found a solution to the electric bill problem and one of the rents for Jan. Before it is all over, we may be able to handle the other's rent as well. What a relief it is going to be for those families!!!

I want to figure out how to be a part of their shopping experience, but, common sense tells me to stay in the background and unknown...

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2016, 05:41:39 PM »
Well with the special day fast approaching and me being tired of getting yelled at for failing at getting the right thing for little girls, I might have it finally.

Our gifts will feed them, provide bedding, plant a spiritual seed, allow the little ladies to shop in two different stores, provide some fun artsy crafts to paint and color, and pay a bit of their dad's January rent.

Here it is before I get to wrapping this stuff up

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2016, 05:43:22 PM »
The folks at the Justice store placed the cards inside the little purses, and gave me some further discount cards so their $50 will go a little further

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2016, 05:44:38 PM »
One of the dads is against getting to know God, so pray that this bible finds its way into the girl's hands and plants that all important seed.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2016, 05:45:36 PM »
Mike P donated the packs of art supplies and we added in the extra coloring books

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2016, 05:47:26 PM »
The bedding is required, but they don't have it, so this will keep all four of them warmer and get the "Monkey off their back."

Oh we got them some movies as well, but I didn't photograph them...

Thanks again for all the outpouring of caring, love, and support for these two Christmas families in Cincinnati
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 05:48:49 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2016, 06:14:48 PM »
That's really cool Don! Good for you for all the effort you out into it.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2016, 06:21:47 PM »
Very nice.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2016, 07:23:07 PM »
That's really cool Don! Good for you for all the effort you out into it.
No I in team Wil!

This is all of our effort

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2016, 08:51:13 PM »
I want to thank all the guys who helped out and Don for doing the leg work. Merry Christmas to the whole bunch of you.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2016, 09:57:30 PM »
I want to thank all the guys who helped out and Don for doing the leg work. Merry Christmas to the whole bunch of you.
Me as well. We've done what we can here, and all but tapped out our stocks for the month. Kudos to all that helped out here. These two families will certainly have a merry Christmas thanks to y'all.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal