Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1383929 times)

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #2950 on: March 13, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »
Yeah Jon, both sides are full of rocks, so when I get a chance, I'll pull the shoes out...or just let it grind.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: March 13, 2017, 01:24:35 PM »
...oh, JR, can you give specs/pics on your edger. I need to do about 300 ft in my front yard and kinda want to do it myself (altho the pros can inbed rope lighting, which would be pretty nice)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: March 13, 2017, 02:51:22 PM »
Its just a couple 2x4s (1 1/2 x 3 1/2) with a bed of gravel spaced with scrap 2x4. 3/8 rebar down the center. 4' section uses 1 60lb bag of cement.

I just level it, round the edge and spray it off for the washed look. About and hour work per section.

Shoving a rope light in there should be easy enough.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: March 13, 2017, 03:27:21 PM »
Oh, I thought you were using a tool. I think Northern makes one iirc. It would be extremely handy for doing the amount of curves that I need.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: March 13, 2017, 03:35:44 PM »
I am actually covering or removing that. Went in fast but cracks and moves. If you do that be sure they put rebar in it. 

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2955 on: March 13, 2017, 04:23:13 PM »
Tree house looks good!

Great firepit....that will be VERY nice in the afternoons early evening watching boats go by.

Cool trailer. How you going to lock it on the jobsite so it doesn't wander off?

Blizzard coming tomorrow....looks like the weather people think we're in the bulls eye for this one. So everyone is like this right now

https://youtu.be/i6zaVYWLTkU

:rolleyes: like they've never seen snow before.... :facepalm:

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: March 13, 2017, 09:44:10 PM »
Gave my 13 year old her first driving lesson in the LB7 today. No wreck no hurt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: March 13, 2017, 11:24:17 PM »
The not so large red truck? That would been exciting to be apart of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: March 14, 2017, 08:12:43 AM »
Yeah, every time she went for the skinny pedal I cringed. It was still on the 200 hp tune

Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: March 14, 2017, 09:48:05 AM »
I... am tired.
I likey!

Question: What's all that wet stuff all around?

Does it rain up there much? ;-)))
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: March 14, 2017, 09:51:24 AM »
Gave my 13 year old her first driving lesson in the LB7 today. No wreck no hurt.

Cool!

My oldest girl was driving when she was 12-13. She was driving on the street in my lifted Tundra when she was 14 on. The drivers license was just a formality. I know I told this before, but one night I loaded up the truck with trash and told her to drive it down to the dumpsters and dump it. On the way back a local police officer stops near my house. Jesse pulls up next to his door and starts talking to the guy!!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: March 14, 2017, 11:07:19 AM »
I... am tired.
I likey!

Question: What's all that wet stuff all around?

Does it rain up there much? ;-)))

H2o with a high salinity content:-) and yes, a couple drops now and again :rolleyes:
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: March 14, 2017, 02:40:27 PM »
My daughter is 14 and hasn't said much but I know its coming. Here in Kali now unless YOU pay for lessons and practice you can't get a DL until you are 18.

When I was a, er kid I got it all in 2 weeks of summer school and got my DL on my 16th, got my class A when I was 18.

Pit looks good.

Cement is done in back, no to level and sod and fill with some rock. Just finishing the treehouse floor, kids will be happy tonite.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: March 14, 2017, 05:33:54 PM »
My daughter is 14 and hasn't said much but I know its coming. Here in Kali now unless YOU pay for lessons and practice you can't get a DL until you are 18.

When I was a, er kid I got it all in 2 weeks of summer school and got my DL on my 16th, got my class A when I was 18.

Pit looks good.

Cement is done in back, no to level and sod and fill with some rock. Just finishing the treehouse floor, kids will be happy tonite.

Thanks on the firepit all. I'm still sore. Looking forward to seeing progress on the tree house. I have a lot of great memories in the one I build from "borrowed" lumber out of the neighbors wood pile. I also got the summer school version when they were still showing the train wreck video and had my lic in about 2 weeks as well.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: March 14, 2017, 08:38:35 PM »
In Texas there used to be hardship licenses. Your parent only had to attest to the "need" for a license. I took my test in a 1962 bel air, 350 with Z28 intake, 292 heads, Holley 650 and a comp cam. No power steering.  . I had a full drivers license at 14 no drivers ed needed. They stopped that years ago.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: March 14, 2017, 08:54:19 PM »
In Texas there used to be hardship licenses. Your parent only had to attest to the "need" for a license. I took my test in a 1962 bel air, 350 with Z28 intake, 292 heads, Holley 650 and a comp cam. No power steering.  . I had a full drivers license at 14 no drivers ed needed. They stopped that years ago.

Was this before dirt was invented too? :popcorn:
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: March 14, 2017, 08:58:59 PM »
on the farm, we could drive at the age of 10 or 12 as long as we were in a farm plated truck and doing farm related stuff.....but that was up in BFE WI.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: March 14, 2017, 09:01:15 PM »
Farm work was 12 in Indiana as Nate stated with farm tags etc

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: March 14, 2017, 09:03:28 PM »

Was this before dirt was invented too? :popcorn:

It was at least more recent than 1962....  :-)

Nate probably still that way. I was let loose in the 4Th largest city as a 14 year old. Probably not the smartest thing my dad did.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: March 15, 2017, 08:58:53 AM »
Made it Cincinnati no problems. City people are funny. I got off the drivway a little bit backing the trailer in. This morning I see the neighbor put stakes all along his property line. I was going to knock on his door and introduce myself. Tell him Whats going on and ask where the line is. I still might. I hear he's a real A hole. Kill em with kindness!

For Thoes of you who know the area I'm way up by Kings Island. Don. You know the area. Where is a good place to donate clothing and stuff like that? Also have a hospital bed and a stair lift. One of them things that you sit on and it take you upstairs. There has to be someplace that buys that stuff.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2970 on: March 15, 2017, 09:03:10 AM »
Good luck with the neighbor Jon.
Hope he doesn't cause too much trouble.
I think once he's aware what's going on there won't be any problem.

There should be some places that will be delighted to take in he donations.

I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: March 15, 2017, 09:06:43 AM »
on the farm, we could drive at the age of 10 or 12 as long as we were in a farm plated truck and doing farm related stuff.....but that was up in BFE WI.

Still can.  If you are family on a farm at the age of 12 you can drive anything for ag related purposes.  If you are not family you need to take some classes and get a license for lack of a better term.

When I got my license about 15 years ago the school put the course on for a couple weeks during the summer.  When you passed the course you got a learning permit.  You had to drive so many hours with your parents and so many hours with the instructor.  After that you took the driving test at the DMV. If the summer classes the school had didn't work out there were private instructors that did it also but was much more expensive.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: March 15, 2017, 09:47:35 AM »
Made it Cincinnati no problems. City people are funny. I got off the drivway a little bit backing the trailer in. This morning I see the neighbor put stakes all along his property line. I was going to knock on his door and introduce myself. Tell him Whats going on and ask where the line is. I still might. I hear he's a real A hole. Kill em with kindness!

For Thoes of you who know the area I'm way up by Kings Island. Don. You know the area. Where is a good place to donate clothing and stuff like that? Also have a hospital bed and a stair lift. One of them things that you sit on and it take you upstairs. There has to be someplace that buys that stuff.

I'm down south of Florence KY..I donate there.A good drive from KI. I hardly venture up there or anywhere in Ohio for that matter...Ohio is definitely not like Kentucky.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: March 15, 2017, 09:52:41 AM »
I woke up, and realized I had to go to work. Got to work and had a couple cups of coffee and started my day.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: March 15, 2017, 09:59:17 AM »
Ok thanks Don.  I think I will just get a hold of the salvation army.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: March 15, 2017, 10:32:48 AM »
Packing up for a ranger trip.
We were supposed to be checkpoints and safety crew for the dog sled race, but it ended up being cancelled due to too much snow. Lol, but really.
There are places with ten foot or better drifts and such.
The train just began running again yesterday in part of the line.

So...
We're going lake trout fishing and shooting.
And we have to navigate the same snow, so it's going to be an adventure to say the least.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: March 15, 2017, 11:04:37 AM »
Jon, google Salvation Army if there is a local one they will come pick up. My mom has been doing this since she was widowed.....

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: March 15, 2017, 12:27:58 PM »
Jon,
 I have a few friends that live in Mason right by KI, I'll see if they know of anywhere for donations up there.  And I'll second Don on his statement that Ohio is not like Kentucky. I'm just glad we have a river between us.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: March 15, 2017, 12:53:16 PM »
Ok thanks.

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: March 15, 2017, 02:52:05 PM »

Jon I know some Salvation Army places will only take certain things. The one near us wont take furniture. You might try calling some halfway houses or homeless shelters. Some of them help "place" people in apartments and what not and furniture can be a blessing to help start someone. We gave a bedroom set away to just such a place recently. For the chair lift you might try the same but I am thinking that might fit an elderly person more than homeless....maybe see if there are some senior centers around. While they may not want it or need it they generally know what is going on in the population that visits their center so they may know of someone who needs it. Good luck!   

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: March 15, 2017, 02:55:07 PM »
Why not advertise it on craigslist? Between all the charities and people in need someone wants it.

Maybe check out Fisher House who assist Vet families.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: March 15, 2017, 08:02:07 PM »
So today was trash day at the hide. $2 a bag in town. Then I did some potato gun action with the kids.  Still having ignition problems. Either I need a new fuel or a new ignition.  Then I got to work in the garden putting in the drip irrigation again. Then worked on the footing for the casita.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: March 15, 2017, 08:51:11 PM »
Taking advantage of the last but of snow and trying to burn a couple brush piles.  They are not burning near as hot as I expected and taking a good deal of work to get everything burnt.  I think it might have something to do with the big logs I dropped on top preventing it from spreading well.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: March 15, 2017, 09:04:26 PM »
Nice!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: March 15, 2017, 09:41:36 PM »
Nice Tex, makes me miss my farm. I kept busy last year with shed & deck build but I'm itching for new projects & it's all little stuff......

Offline dave945

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: March 15, 2017, 09:50:49 PM »
Looks good Tex. What kind of fuel are you using in your tater guns?  I've always been partial to aquanet hair spray. A gas grill igniter will normally work pretty well for the ignition. You just need to make sure you don't get too high of a concentration of the hair spray or you don't get ignition. Just my experience. And if you haven't yet, try night shoots with a potato gun, watching the ignition flash through the combustion chamber and out the barrel in slow mo video is entertaining.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: March 15, 2017, 09:53:32 PM »
Dave I'm using starting fluid. I also have an electronic BBQ ignition but the fuel air ratio seems off. I may need to go back to hairspray. I even tried drilling a pilot hole and using a lighter. The starting fluid is probably just too rich.

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: March 15, 2017, 10:55:17 PM »
It may not be as exciting as hairspray but I've always had the best luck with the compressed air versions.  Might not be the safest though.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: March 16, 2017, 09:01:01 AM »
Potato gun...
Figure out the mix...

I'm heading out shortly. Be offline till Sunday sometime.

Chao.
Sam

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: March 16, 2017, 11:26:59 AM »
Found out what has been freaking out HH6's cats this morning. They act strange and don't want to go outside as much as they used do. Turns out the flealions are smarter than I thought.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: March 16, 2017, 12:07:22 PM »
Tex - with the lighter fluid, just blow some compressed air in there before you stuff the potato home, and it ought to blow outta there harder than Pelosi's husband when the bedroom lights turn on!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: March 16, 2017, 12:35:17 PM »
Found out what has been freaking out HH6's cats this morning. They act strange and don't want to go outside as much as they used do. Turns out the flealions are smarter than I thought.

Is that a yote or a fox?

Offline longball

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: March 16, 2017, 12:38:37 PM »
Red fox. I thought I caught glimpse of him a few nights ago but wanted proof.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: March 16, 2017, 01:13:50 PM »
Thought so. so what did the fox say?  :grin:

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: March 16, 2017, 02:01:49 PM »
Thought so. so what did the fox say?  :grin:

Don't shoot  :popcorn:

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: March 16, 2017, 02:14:28 PM »
Yeah that would keep the cats skittish for sure. Dunno if I told this but it was worth the laugh. My neighbor who's a total crunchy liberal type who works at a college (still....yes STILL has a Bernie sign out ha....he's a glutton for punishment). Anyway....he has a cat that occasionally gets out when it's not supposed to and he has to search high and far for it (my attitude would be "hey... you ran out....I'll open the door when you come back but I'm not trying to coax you out of a tree in the middle of the night with treats"....sorry....dot'ing my own dot! Yeesh)....anyway....over their house a while back....he's holding the cat....patting it etc etc... I remembered something....I have a new predator app on my phone....so I said to myself "I wonder if this thing works" I pulled my phone out fired up the app and hit coyote call....oh yeah....it works...my neighbor was holding the cat up by his shoulders near his head and that cat went into full on panic mode in 0.0002 seconds....claws out climbing his face like a pine tree. He of course was panicked trying to hold the cat who was shredding his face. I just said "wow....this thing does work!" Hahaha. Damn that was funny. For some reason he didn't agree. No sense of humor on some people..... :rolleyes:

:grin:

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: March 16, 2017, 02:43:40 PM »
Grg smoker will be delivered today :)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: March 16, 2017, 02:49:39 PM »
Grg smoker will be delivered today :)

I'll take 1 brisket and 2 racks of ribs pronto.....

gotta get my order in early....  :tongue:

Good luck!  :laugh:

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: March 16, 2017, 05:17:58 PM »
I'm giving away a Traeger smoker for any of my customers that spend $5000 or more with me. You guys want to pool together on diff parts?

Offline rpar86

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: March 16, 2017, 06:49:30 PM »
I'm giving away a Traeger smoker for any of my customers that spend $5000 or more with me. You guys want to pool together on diff parts?

Sure, but then who gets the Traeger?  :beercheers:
Ryan
2006 GMC 3500 6.6 CCLB SRW 4x4

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal