VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Powerplant, Driveline, and Braking

Allison transmission lines

(1/2) > >>

oklawall:
During the last oil change I noticed that my transmission lines are weeping more than I would like so am going to replace them but have a question.

What have you used to replace your transmission lines? GM/Doorman factor replacement or the braided "performance" type lines?

Thanks
Steve

KensAuto:

--- Quote from: oklawall on February 06, 2022, 06:47:21 PM ---During the last oil change I noticed that my transmission lines are weeping more than I would like so am going to replace them but have a question.

What have you used to replace your transmission lines? GM/Doorman factor replacement or the braided "performance" type lines?

Thanks
Steve

--- End quote ---
The couple I've done I just used OEM. Plenty of guys have luck with the aftermarket kits with good hoses, but I haven't tried them so can't comment. Probably would stay away from Dorman on something difficult to do, and also so critical to forward movement.

Bigdave_185:
I did oem also, but before I sold it I was seeing more drips coming from the 30k mile lines

I’d try aftermarket performance stuff if I was to do it again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammconn:
I’m running the 5/8” aftermarket lines.
I don’t know how the OEM fit through some of the spot.

My complaint is with the adapters.
They have wept over time.
They are an o-ring seal and the ones I got needed extra.

300k miles and still good.

Flyin6:
I'm awarding this the "Good Thread Award"

Here I see man come with a simple problem

He asks advice

In response, he gets several solid answers born from experience

This is one of the strengths of this forum

and if you didn't realize it is a testimony to several biblical principals.

1 Corinthians 12:12 The body is a unit, though it is composed of many parts. And although its parts are many, they all form one body. So it is with Christ. Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body.

Mark 12:31 ►
The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

Leviticus 19:18
You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.

I recognized this as an opportunity to show you all how you are operating as God would have you act here. I exercised the QCP principal here...Thanks!

(Quick church preachin')

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version