VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > Powerplant, Driveline, and Braking

Lost oil pressure for a few seconds on start-up

<< < (6/6)

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on April 25, 2022, 03:11:39 PM ---Did you mention how low it was?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: cj7ox on April 25, 2022, 11:01:16 AM ---You know, I did have to break out the manual to figure out how to operate the dipstick. It sent me to a youtube channel that had a man-bun wearing hippy tell me about all the benefits of joining the liberal movement. I then said, "To h3ll with that!", popped the hood, and grabbed hold of this stick thingy that said "OIL" on it! Would you believe that stick thingy actually has an area on it that says "SAFE LEVEL" and another that says "ADD OIL"? Who new? LOL

Checked the oil multiple times over the past few days, and it is solidly in the safe zone. I'll continue to keep an eye on it. Still no leaks or drips anywhere.

Oh, and as an ARMEE combat arms guy, my skin is quite think. I've enjoyed the comments on my stupidity. Keeps one humble! ;-)

--- End quote ---
You're good
Only one perfect man in all of history, and NO, he wasn't an Armee aviator!
Second
Give Kenneth all the information.
The man's an oracle.
He'll pray over it, or dance, or something, then mix up some smoke and contact the spirit of some long-dead Cummins mechanic, and just like that he will tell you to re-torque the left rear oil pan bolt and add two drops of alcohol to the air filter and next time use a left hand funnel to add oil (To correctly set the initial spin of the fluid) and boom! Just like that you'll be all fixed up

cj7ox:

--- Quote from: KensAuto on April 25, 2022, 03:11:39 PM ---Did you mention how low it was?

--- End quote ---

Good question. It didn't register on the stick.  :shocked:

Sammconn:

--- Quote from: cj7ox on April 29, 2022, 01:47:32 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Good question. It didn't register on the stick.  :shocked:

--- End quote ---

:facepalm: :facepalm:
 :knucklehead:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version