Hello Guest

Author Topic: Amazing day at church  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Amazing day at church
« on: June 29, 2015, 01:13:45 AM »
So my wife is dealing with some excruciating things with her parents. The minister used today's Gospel from Mark 5:21 and wove it into the sermon about controlling what you can control and giving up to God that which you can't.

So many times I find myself saying Sunday morning I just want to sleep and then I have an experience like this. So damn humbling. I leave renewed and feeling better. It always makes me wonder why I fight it. But I do all too often. I am weaker than I should be sad to say. But so glad I went today.  :-[

Offline Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
Re: Amazing day at church
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 08:10:48 AM »
The Holy Spirit makes us each understand the message that the pastor is speaking as it relates to us individually.  Each of us have a blessed day.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 09:28:07 AM »
Amen brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 09:40:50 AM »
The Holy Spirit makes us each understand the message that the pastor is speaking as it relates to us individually.  Each of us have a blessed day.
When I used to think about the holy spirit and explain it to folks in my earlier Christian days, I'd use Star Trek as an example.
Remember in the Shatner first run editions, when the crew of the enterprise would meet a new alien race, like talking rock people, they would place this metallic, electronic device in front of it/them called the universal translator. The rock person would make clicking and grinding sounds and the voice from the universal translator would speak in English. "I come in peace"

The holy spirit can interpret the written word, someone speaking in tongue, or even a situation. Ever get a "Funny" feeling about something that was happening to you??? Yup, holy spirit talkin' to ya
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 12:27:38 PM »
.... Ever get a "Funny" feeling about something that was happening to you??? Yup, holy spirit talkin' to ya
I have experienced this on plenty of occasions, bad and good.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 04:54:04 PM »
Way to many times,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 05:28:52 PM »
Way to many times,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Good friend of mine a mid career deputy.
He leads a prayer group I used to go to every Tuesday
One night he comes in and tells me. He made this stop. Middle of the night, middle of nowhere. All by himself. Vehicle with what looks like three males. Shortly after he made the stop and before he gets out of the car, what he describes as a very strong feeling comes over him and what he describes as something like a voice, that says," Leave this one...just drive off." My buddy who is fearless for once goes with his feeling and just drives off but calls some of his buddies. A bit later they get the car stopped. Escaped Con, Murderer...with some local bad guys, with guns. I have no doubt had he approached that car, my friend would have been killed.

Me, wrote about it in my book. In a gun-bird. I sprint ahead of the formation to cover the birds going into an LZ with some SF dudes. I pop up over this vill in a right turn with the mini gun ready and I get this feeling. Is making my skin crawl. I have an experienced Marine gunner on the mini. I tell him something isn't right. I don't see kids, adults, animals, nada. I warn the assault birds this place is wrong. We get the guys in then hang out awhile to cover them, but like anything helicopter, we get to bingo fuel and have to dity mau. I get back to Kandahar only to find out the guys got hit shortly after we cleared the mountain on departure. One KIA, more WIA.

That feeling is real. Warns us something is wrong.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 05:31:28 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal