PERSONAL READINESS > Hide Site

Hide Site/Bug out Site construction thread, Part 3

(1/192) > >>

Flyin6:
In the words of my personal hero, Forrest Gump, "For no particular reason" I just decided to begin Part-3 of the hide site build up.

Those of you just coming here, there's parts one and two to muddle through before any of this will make any sense, so get tuit and git that done...And yes, I like to misspell things, just cause I kan! (And I'm a Kintuckian!)

So we left off somewhere, where I was doing something, and we'll launch off this thread from that nebulous point.

We can start where I did a few days ago when my hearing was still intact, my lungs was clear of dust, and my fingers hadn't been banged up by my hammer.

I chose the contractor pack of can lights, three of them to cover voids in the overhead floor joists which I thought needed something to create a fire hazard and some visual interest!

Flyin6:
I was under supervision the entire time...

Flyin6:
He is a part of my security system. Whenever a threat or sound manifests, he runs away and hides, indicating to me, something is amiss!

The theme was electrical stuff. Knowing I was moving the heavy wood stove into it's semi-permanent spot, I finished out the outlets and lights in its vicinity first

Flyin6:
It's just work, but I wired in several more outlets with the 15 amp receptacles in the traditional way of attaching the wires directly to the screws. In the future I will use some of the push to connect receptacles to speed up things

Flyin6:
The cans are a pretty good buy at around $10 each.

The feed wires which have been stripped, simply push into the speed connectors which can also be used as a porch swing tie off in emergencies

(Well, maybe not)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version