Hello Guest

Author Topic: Faith Based Initiative  (Read 1212 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Faith Based Initiative
« on: April 22, 2015, 05:55:46 PM »
Okay, let's scratch our souls and our grey matter at the same time:

You're supreme authority of the US for a day, and whatever law you come up with gets passed and becomes reality, but you can only pick one, and it needs to be faith based- what do you do?

Mine-

In order to collect Welfare, you and every dependent you claim, must attend church together every week.  (Church, Synagogue, Mosque [outta wedlock mothers last there?] etc.).   Don't want to, don't collect- kids don't want to, no credit for them.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
Re: Faith Based Initiative
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 06:17:00 PM »
I guess you could say this is faith based...

I'm not sure how it would go down, but I'd do something to protect individuals and businesses from being forced to engage in commerce with parties they don't wish to do business with (on the grounds of morality, religious beliefs, etc). I think that's a basic principle of the free market economy.

In the spirit of politics, I'd also tag on a mandate somewhere buried in the footnotes of the bill, that every school room to say the Pledge of Allegiance, in it's entirety, every day.
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Online Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 07:17:16 PM »
In ENGLISH.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 07:39:13 PM »
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 09:28:58 PM »
Crimes committed against patriots and veterans would hold the same "Hate Crime" status as crimes against gays currently do.

Further any veteran would have the right to immediately interdict any disrespectful usage or display of our flag
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 01:45:01 AM »
Follow the Constitution to the LETTER. If if isn't THERE, to bad.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 05:05:20 PM »
All great ideas that I agree with, but what about FAITH based law, I mean if we're pretending we get to be supreme leader, let's cross the church and state divide.

Along the lines of WWJD or want done?
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 09:30:08 AM »
Well I'm probably more secular, and a constitutional conservative, and a Christian. So while I think we all should try to be more like Jesus, our Constitution and Bill of Rights would preserve the choice of individuals to do so, even under my supreme rule. So, specifically to answer your question, I'm struggling to find something that I would make law.  :o
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal