Hello Guest

Author Topic: Helicopter Ride....for Don  (Read 4045 times)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
Helicopter Ride....for Don
« on: August 31, 2015, 12:01:11 PM »
Monte and his wife Esther went to the state fair every year, and every year Monte would say, 'Esther, I'd really like to ride in that there helicopter.'

Esther always replied, 'I know Monte, but that helicopter ride is fifty dollars, and fifty dollars is fifty dollars'

One year Esther and Monte went to the fair, and Monte said, 'Esther, I'm 85 years old. If I don't ride that there helicopter, I might never get another chance.'

To this, Esther replied, 'Monte that helicopter ride is fifty dollars, and fifty dollars is fifty dollars.'

The pilot overheard the couple and said, 'Folks I'll make you a deal. I'll take the both of you up for a ride. If you can stay quiet for the entire ride and don't say a word I won't charge you a penny! But if you say one word it's fifty dollars.'

Monte and Esther agreed and up they went. The pilot did all kinds of fancy maneuvers, but not a word was heard. He did his daredevil tricks over and over again, but still not a word.

When they landed, the pilot turned to Monte and said, 'By golly, I did everything I could to get you to yell out, but you didn't. I'm impressed!'

Monte replied, 'Well, to tell you the truth, I almost said something when Esther fell out, but you know, fifty dollars is fifty dollars!'

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Helicopter Ride....for Don
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 12:42:28 PM »
I would post up a "LOL" or somethin like that, but you did say that it was for Don (and btw, I think he actually likes his other half). :)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 01:19:12 PM »
I would post up a "LOL" or somethin like that, but you did say that it was for Don (and btw, I think he actually likes his other half). :)

But, fifty dollars is fifty dollars,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 01:39:13 PM »
How did she fall out? Must have been a former Air Force pilot flying out of trim...
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 02:39:38 PM »
She was pushed..........

OH, Lord!  I didn't mean HH6- Don loves her.....I ment Ester!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 07:26:02 PM by cudakidd53 »
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 05:39:46 PM »
She was pushed..........
Here's the spot for... LOL
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 08:22:09 PM »
Rofl. I always strap in when shooting from a helicopter.  Some competitors get really competitive. That little ring in the doorway looks kinda puny anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 09:26:58 PM »
that's why I always used a full harness and was strapped in via a strap in point on the frame of the helicopter.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 09:58:47 PM »
Oh. I guess my rigger's belt and a bungee strap was not as safe as I thought. Typical redneck dummy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 11:14:22 AM »
let me dig thru some pics when i get home and ill show you what the harness looks like.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 11:52:38 AM »
Oh. I guess my rigger's belt and a bungee strap was not as safe as I thought. Typical redneck dummy

That's all good. Locking D ring and a climbing rope with a figure 8 at each end with an overhand knot to secure the 8, also works.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2015, 03:09:14 PM »

That's all good. Locking D ring and a climbing rope with a figure 8 at each end with an overhand knot to secure the 8, also works.

5 point racing harness, velcro panel on your pants and the seat, duct taped boots to the rail and a tree stand harness attached to the pilot's belt/waist with my right hand taped to the barrel and I'm ready to go play "make mike puke or fall out the window trying" shooting with the biggest grin you've ever seen......between "lunch inspection" points and mag changes!  Bucket list material - will be trying someday to procure BBQ fixin's for the masses.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 05:02:17 PM »
For us mere mortals, you can enroll in a class at RiflesOnly.com and learn to shoot from a helo. 

My next time will be heli-hog hunting.  Just can't decide if I want to use my Benelli 12ga or my AR

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 05:05:26 PM »
For us mere mortals, you can enroll in a class at RiflesOnly.com and learn to shoot from a helo. 

My next time will be heli-hog hunting.  Just can't decide if I want to use my Benelli 12ga or my AR
Def the AR
Learn to check the airspeed
I assume you will be going about 60 knots and shooting maybe 100-150 meters. Try starting with a lead of 6 feet behind the animal, see if that doesn't get you in the ball park!

Slower airspeed less lead. Same airspeed, longer distance 2 more feet lead...

Offline TexasRedNeck

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 05:08:44 PM »

Try starting with a lead of 6 feet behind the animal...

Thats the part that was hard to compute the first time I shot from the helo.  Leading from behind....kinda like our president.

I saw some guys using 12ga autoloaders within 50 meters shooting up a column of porkers.  Guess it depends on the terrain.  If they are out in the open and you can run up the column from behind at low altitude a 12 ga may improve hit ratio
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:11:44 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 05:25:20 PM »

Thats the part that was hard to compute the first time I shot from the helo.  Leading from behind....kinda like our president.

I saw some guys using 12ga autoloaders within 50 meters shooting up a column of porkers.  Guess it depends on the terrain.  If they are out in the open and you can run up the column from behind at low altitude a 12 ga may improve hit ratio
Oh heck yea!

I was talking from the vids I have seen and of course watching ma boyz shootin up the place from various helos I have flown.

I used to monkey with some of those smart a$$ gunners. They would start the engagement from like 100 knots and I'd do a sliding deceleration on them back to like 50 knots then when they got the lead right sneak it back up to 100...Loved doing that to em!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2015, 02:21:47 AM »
Try a 300 blackout vs the 556. Just a tad slower but a much bigger punch!!
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2015, 07:51:24 AM »

Oh heck yea!

I was talking from the vids I have seen and of course watching ma boyz shootin up the place from various helos I have flown.

I used to monkey with some of those smart a$$ gunners. They would start the engagement from like 100 knots and I'd do a sliding deceleration on them back to like 50 knots then when they got the lead right sneak it back up to 100...Loved doing that to em!

^^ This guy is sneaky and mischievous....

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2015, 10:22:11 AM »
I agree Mr. C....but if you go helo hog hunting without me, I will be very disappointed.

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2015, 10:26:21 AM »
I gotta say, the helo hog hunt sounds like a total blast!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2015, 11:42:04 AM »
I gotta say, the helo hog hunt sounds like a total blast!
Even more amazing when the hogs stop to toggle off an RPG at cha'

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2015, 12:45:23 PM »

I don't think us mere mortals will have to worry about such scary things!

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 01:13:41 PM »

I don't think us mere mortals will have to worry about such scary things!
I hope we don't have to.
Sam

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal