Hello Guest

Author Topic: Christian Health Care...A New Concept  (Read 1333 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Christian Health Care...A New Concept
« on: July 30, 2016, 10:18:15 AM »
This is a new system coming together.

Like minded people like us join up and share the health care costs of everyone in the network. People of faith are invited to join and participate. Allows you to opt out of Obamacare. People of faith do not want to support organizations who also perform procedures which run counter to our beliefs.

I expect more of this networking sort of thing to grow as Christians are persecuted and minimized in America

https://mychristiancare.org/
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
Re: Christian Health Care...A New Concept
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 10:21:30 AM »
I know several business owners who do this co-op type plan.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 10:45:18 AM »
My area of expertise is insurance. Fortune 500 stuff. There have been attempts at stuff like this for years and they always fail.  There is always attempts to beat the system and they always fail. Some just take longer than others.

Remember insurance is a financing mechanism pure and simple. You can't take more out than you out in and if you don't have buying leverage with providers (network) you start out 20% behind.

When people have a chance to shop to see if there is a cheaper option then there is anti selection.

The cost of covering those objectionable items for Christians is less than 1% of total cost. 

In the end it is really our health or lack thereof that drives the expense. And that Obama made everyone by a Cadillac when some just wanted a Buick.

Of course this gets really complicated by the regulations in small employers with fewer than 50 lives because the system is regulated to fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 11:11:56 AM »
I just want to point out "expertise" by definition relates to being an expert which claiming to be is a narcissistic trait.  ;D

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 11:48:05 AM »
Well, that being true, I'd be G-T-G

I can do most things...But, obviously,

Master at none! ;)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 12:09:01 PM »
I just want to point out "expertise" by definition relates to being an expert which claiming to be is a narcissistic trait.  ;D
Probably true.  Isn't that a prerequisite for being president? Managing a $1B risk pool for for a fortune 6 company gives me some experience. Maybe.  Or maybe it's just white privilege.  ;-0
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 03:22:37 PM »
Copy that Red!

I've got a funny story to share about the word expert sometime over a beer. Sorry, it makes me chuckle every time I see it or a diviation of the root word. That & im not sure it's actually a trait a DN but it sounded good...... ::)

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 05:17:29 PM »
I have seen these groups as well. I will piggyback somewhat on TRN's comments (and no I am NOT an EXPERT  :o on health insurance by any stretch but I worked with a group that did a LOT of it previously so I know enough to be dangerous.....which is true on most things I touch!  ::) ha!)

Insurance (of any type- health, life, DI, P&C) is a game of pooling. Everyone pays in some amount and the insurers know what the risks are and define the premiums based off of that experience. Insurers (at least the ones I am most familiar with which is life insurance) make money based on the premiums they take in, less administrative expenses, less experience (how many claims they actually process) plus a certain amount of profit. The state insurance commissioners job(s) is to make sure the insurers are not being predatory (pricing policies too high- although the competition in the marketplace generally weeds them out quickly, paying their claims as required- this is key) but all too often the state insurance commissioners are in bed with the insurers. This is definitely an area where some states are better than others. Which is somewhat problematic as insurance is licensed by state as opposed to having federal guidelines in place like in the securities industry (where most of my "EXPERTISE" lies  ::)  i.e. I know enough to be REALLY dangerous!!).

My concern with these groups is that it does require you to take a leap of faith in hoping that the members a) continue to be part of the group and b) will cough up the money should you be hit with something catastrophic. If membership declines this could quickly become an "adversely selected pool" wherein the only people in it are the ones with the highest health risks, and therefor the highest claims history. This leads to greater and greater cost sharing on the few who stick around. The "no medical exam required" health insurance that you see advertised on TV is like this- the only people in it are the ones who can't get coverage anywhere else so the premiums are VASTLY higher than anything that requires a simple health exam- blood, urine, etc.

Now I might consider something like this COUPLED WITH a catastrophic policy of a traditional type. This way my "typical expenses" are covered through the normal channels (group pay) but on the off chance I get a catastrophic health issue (cancer, etc.) that requires significant out of pocket cost, I have a fall back position. And generally catastrophic policies are not that expensive "all in" as they only protect against the catastrophic type illnesses.

Another policy to consider is "critical illness" insurance. This pays a lump sum in the event that you have one of the covered illnesses (Cancer etc.). This is a very big policy in Canada where due to their health care system (ahem "socialized medicine") people can wait for extended periods of time for certain treatments. Often in CN the person will buy these policies so they can come to the US for the treatment. (Many have read of the time issues to get care in parts of Canada- and I know this doesn't exist everywhere in Canada but in some areas this is significant and can be fatal). I met a guy a few years ago who was a salesman for GE medical imaging. He bought two MRI machines personally and installed them in trucks. He sends out flyers to Doctors in Canada within something like a 100 miles of the American border in Maine. He charges $100 an MRI. He tells the Dr's when he will be in what town on the border. The Doc's then tell their patients to go to the truck on that day, spend the $100 and bring them back the results. This speeds up the process significantly where very often it takes months to get an MRI in Canada (again, from my understanding this is only in certain parts of Canada- I have had friends I western CN say this has not been their experience so like anything online YMMV). But his trucks stay busy and always have a line to get the MRI.

(Sorry for the side trip.....) But critical illness insurance would provide the cash to self pay at a Dr. for certain treatments. And often with a "cash payer" just like many things in life, it can be cheaper. Docs will negotiate on many things just like car dealers etc. if they know they are getting cash instead of going through the BS of running everything through an insurers claim system which can take months not to mention a ton of time of their support staff.     

Okay....I have sufficiently muddied the water here I think.  :o I'll shut up now.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 05:20:00 PM by Wilbur »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal