Hello Guest

Author Topic: RIP Jeff.....  (Read 794 times)

Offline Tedram

• Registered
    • View Profile
RIP Jeff.....
« on: February 09, 2016, 12:06:27 PM »
Last Friday ( 5 Feb 2016) the world lost one hell of an Aviator..
I had the pleasure of knowing and flying with him a few times, I would fly with him when he would deliver some tricked out Bell Rangers when he worked for Bell Helicopters.
He was a retired Master Army Aviator and served in U.S. Army active, Reserve, and National Guard assignments for 26 years. He went on to the Civilian world and was President of Siklorsky from 2006 to 2012.
He died Friday outside of Phoenix, he went down in his P51 Mustang.

More about him:
Mr. Jeffrey P. Pino, Jeff served as Chairman of Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing at Macquarie Group Limited. Mr. Pino has been Consultant of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation since July 7, 2012. He served as Chief Executive Officer of Macquarie Rotorcraft Leasing at Macquarie Group Limited since July 2013. Mr. Pino served as the President of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation a unit of United Technologies Corp., from March 8, 2006 to July 1, 2012. He served as Senior Vice President for Corporate Strategy, Marketing and Commercial Programs for Sikorsky of United Technologies Corp., until March 2006. He was responsible for the development of Strategic Plans, Mergers and Acquisitions, Advanced Programs, Worldwide Sales, Marketing, Communications, and the execution of the Commercial Programs within Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation. He joined Sikorsky in February 2002 as Senior Vice President of Marketing and Commercial Programs. Previously, he spent 17 years with Bell Helicopter Textron where he last served as Senior Vice President. Mr. Pino joined Bell in 1985 and held various positions including Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Executive Director for Europe, Director for Latin America, and Regional Manager for South America. Previous assignments also include Program Manager for the Bell Helicopter Team bidding on the LHX competition, and Program Manager for the production of the Kiowa Warrior (OH-58D) and Cobra (AH-1S) Modernization Programs. Mr. Pino is a retired Master Army Aviator and served in U.S. Army active, Reserve, and National Guard assignments for 26 years. Positions included U.S. Cavalry assignments both on the ground and in the air culminating as a development test pilot/project officer specializing in armament testing at the Yuma Proving Ground. Mr. Pino serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Fairfield, Westchester County affiliate of INROADS, and also serves on the Board of Directors for Bridgeport Hospital. He is a Certified Airplane and helicopter Instructor Pilot and an accomplished aerobatic and Air Show performer. Mr. Pino was the distinguished honor graduate of the U.S. Army Armor and Aviation Schools he attended. He is a 1976 graduate of the University of Arizona and completed his Master's Degree in Business Administration and Management from Webster University in St. Louis.

2008 GMC 3500 HD CCLB Dually with EFI Live Tunes by Idaho Rob/DSP5 Switch/DPF delete 4" MBRB exhaust/S&B Dry Filter Intake/Edge CTS monitor w/EGT probe/AD 165 Liftpump/Titan 62 Gallon fuel tank/XD Monster wheels/ReTraxPro Bed Cover/Firestone Air Bags and a EGR Blocker plate in the glove box waiting for the the stars to align to install.

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Jeff.....
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 12:10:20 PM »
I had saw this over the weekend, real shame. 

Offline cj7ox

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 03:02:47 PM »
Rest in Peace, Sir. May you be reunited with friends at Fiddler's Green.
~Sean M. Davis

“The citizens of a free state ought to consist of those only who bear arms.” ~Aristotle

Μολων Λαβε

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 08:20:01 PM »
Going out with your boots on, doing what you love.  What a blessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 09:01:24 PM »
Terribly sad to say the least.
It's also sad to see a P-51 lost. there's only so many left.

Guess people are dropping out of the sky like flies around here. Another skydiver bit it today.

...and what's weird is that p-51 crash was 300ft from where I lived through my high school years...BFE
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 10:02:14 PM »
Rippin' out of existence in a hot rod aircraft...not altogether such a bad end to a good life.

Gentle tailwinds to ya sir!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal