VEHICLES, CAMPERS, and BOATS > General Maintenance, How to/DIY projects

LBZ dash lights

(1/7) > >>

JR:
Well, having an issue at night with my dash lights. They turn on and work OK until I use the Cruise Control, then after a couple minutes they shut off. Everything works but the dash lights. When I apply the brake, they come back on, or when the truck accelerates or slows down in CC.

So basically in CC they shout off, any change and they come back on, then go off again when CC starts. The DIC works fine.

I am thinking the VSS or brake switch, possibly a ground as that can do strange things on its own.

KensAuto:
I'm thinking that if it was a ground issue, other things would also quit (gauges). My bet would be the dash light dimmer module.

...but only if the radio/a/c lights also go out.

The I/P lights have they're own fuse...It's "TBC A". Maybe it's loose?

JR:
I did think of the fuse and and the ground, but have not checked either yet.

I did not notice anything but the dash lights. Will check the others but I think they are ok.

thx

Nate:
I had a similar situation with my 04 1/2 ton, i took it to the dealer and they replaced the whole gauge cluster

BobbyB:

--- Quote from: nmeyer414 on May 07, 2016, 09:43:32 AM ---I had a similar situation with my 04 1/2 ton, i took it to the dealer and they replaced the whole gauge cluster

--- End quote ---

The lights in dad's 06 Sierra are dying as well. The fix... replacing the whole gauge cluster for a stupid amount of money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version