Hello Guest

Author Topic: Black Friday Deal AR  (Read 1152 times)

Offline mjmbrown

• Registered
    • View Profile
Black Friday Deal AR
« on: November 27, 2016, 04:04:07 PM »
I have a good friend who works at a local gun shop/range. A co worker had mentioned a promo deal they were running Friday. I made a phone call and had 3 set aside. Worked out a package buy since I had brought 2 other buyers with me and walked out paying $475+ tax for mine.I had eyed a couple more expensive rifles but I just couldn't justify if since I would probably get some backlash from the wife unit. I figured I could back it up with some sort reasoning, i.e. Sell something else. Either way here's the rifle, Diamondback DB15CCB. Nothing fancy but I have been hesitant to let my kids or wife shoot the other ARs fearing she would ask how much they cost...

Offline mjmbrown

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Black Friday Deal AR
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 04:21:42 PM »
Haven't shot it yet, but should get the job done. I really didn't do any research on the gun before hand. It was truly an impulse buy and my wife's face did not disappoint.... >:(
I'll probably add a bipod to it and maybe a bushnell AR scope, time will tell if I feel it need any further mods. If anyone has had  any experience with this gun feel free to weigh in.

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 05:20:10 PM »
Haven't heard anything about them. But nothing wrong with having just a beater rifle for the kids or wife to use.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 07:22:54 PM »
Most all ARs are made of mil spec parts and the best thing you can do is to make sure that you stake the gas key, adjust the gas tube if necessary, stake the buffer tube.  Not sure I'd run a scope or bipod.  I'd shoot inside of 100 and use the red dot optic and I bet you'll be pleased with it.

Congrats!
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal