Hello Guest

Author Topic: GOV surplus auctions  (Read 1577 times)

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
GOV surplus auctions
« on: February 13, 2018, 06:53:39 PM »
I'm thinking this is where Ken got his big ol' truck, but whoo boy is this a dangerous site to have a credit card near. http://www.govplanet.com/jsp/s/auction.ips?msg=26851&kwtag=navbar
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline KensAuto

• My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: GOV surplus auctions
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 07:14:16 PM »
Oh yeah that's a fun place, but got my truck locally.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:12:53 PM »
I believe norm does or has bought quite a bit from those types of auctions.
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 11:46:32 PM »
When we bought ours it was from a site like that. It was govliquidation.com, govplanet ended up getting the contract I think though. Because now govliquidation just sells tools and industrial equipment, not very many military rigs.

And yea they’re dangerous, but you can also make money off them if one was interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 09:16:18 AM »
a majority of what was shown on that link is what has been turned in because it was beyond the $$$ that the gov wants to spend to have it repaired......so in other words it was all broken and considered garbage
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 10:53:58 AM »
hence the $10 mobile office building w/ ac...
a majority of what was shown on that link is what has been turned in because it was beyond the $$$ that the gov wants to spend to have it repaired......so in other words it was all broken and considered garbage
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 12:21:28 PM »

What’s interesting is, govplanet stands by the sale. They are provided with an inspection online, and if you get it and it goes awry in a short amount of time (maybe 30 days or something) they will buy it back I believe. Or when they started that’s what they were doing.

Of course this does not apply to the ones they sell that are stated NOT RUNNING.

Govliquidation on the other hand, you got what you got! We showed up to pick ours up,  fired it up, aired up the tire with the hose that was left in the locked tool box, did a road worthy inspection in the lot, and away we went. Right through the middle of Atlanta, as the lot was in south Atlanta. We sold the truck before moving west, as I didn’t want to drive it the 1800 miles from ATL to TUS, I drove it 7 hours to the buyer in central Florida, that was enough! Of course it was well worth the trip though.

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 06:17:56 AM »
I love browsing Gov Planet. I have a wish list a mile long.
Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

OldKooT

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 10:45:33 AM »
Yes..... I am "grounded" from said sales for a while. A new self help program I invented. I call it.... "NMJBAF"  which simply stands for No more junk barns are full. I expect a full return to buying junk after this springs Inventory reduction program is put into effect.

Ok so, maybe sooner, a birdie mentioned more NOS Dana Spicer junk has been found at my favorite scrap yard emporium of junk I don't need shopping center. I swung over yesterday to take a look, I controlled myself and only bought $20 worth of PTO units. So 12 or so, maybe one will fit something I own?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal