Hello Guest

Author Topic: Lithium-Ion car replacement batteries  (Read 376 times)

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Lithium-Ion car replacement batteries
« on: December 07, 2022, 03:37:01 PM »
While I have been reading and planning out what I think this Jeep Gladiator overlander might look and function like, I was looking at powering the back end. I read this or that and came across cool things like Jeep 7-pin taps to charge batteries and run things in the back end from the already-provided trailer jack.

That led me to a long discussion that some folks were having on how to charge various batteries, and whether or not solar charging was needed at all. One man suggested that charging a more efficient battery off the vehicle's alternator made the most sense, especially if driving/camping in overcast conditions where you might not have sufficient sunlight to top up a solar-recharged battery.

That led directly to a discussion about just replacing the vehicles lead/acid battery with an Iron Phosphate Lithium battery with a huge capacity and just run everything off that battery.

Well, that made a lot of sense from a weight-conscious perspective when adding a bunch of junk to a jeep that is underpowered, to begin with. That's where I learned about the Anti-Gravity direct replacement Lithium battery for vehicles.

This battery is really cool but take a firm seat before looking at the price, mind you! First of all, it only takes 24 amp/hours to completely replace the car's electrical needs and the 24 ah/hr Antimatter is a whopping 800CCA! But the thing comes in several sizes Larger all within the standard battery case, up to 60 Amp/Hr sizes boasting 1800 CCA.

But it doesn't stop there. Whereas a lead/acid battery provides up to 12.6VDC, the Lithium Ion provides 13.4VDC, I think. That spins the starter faster and provides more juice to the spark plugs for better starting and better combustion. Next, the battery is really lightweight. It will typically instantly remove 35 to 50 lbs. of weight from your car/truck. The 60 Amp/Hr battery for my Jeep only weighs 14.5 lbs!

There's even more. The battery has a built-in Battery monitor system which will not allow you or a faulty charging system to damage it in any way. It self-protects! Its duty cycle is roughly 3 times that of a Lead Acid Battery. They approximate that, but it will give 3000 discharge to recharge cycles before starting to degrade. A lead Acid battery will barely get to 1000. It typically lasts 8-10 years, but that won't account for the steep asking price of nearly $1,000. Two lead-acid batteries @ $150 ea would be far less to be sure.

Here's another super cool feature. It comes with a key fob. Let's say that you fully discharge the battery by, leaving the headlights on and the battery lacks the power to start your car. All you do is push the key-fob button and it will provide power enough to start your vehicle! It has a built-in drive away when dead feature!

I liked it because I was going to have to add another 50 pounds of battery to the back end of the JT for the camper, but now, I not only don't need to do that, but I can actually drop weight in the starter battery!

https://antigravitybatteries.com/
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline wyorunner

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: Lithium-Ion car replacement batteries
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 05:14:04 PM »
While I have been reading and planning out what I think this Jeep Gladiator overlander might look and function like, I was looking at powering the back end. I read this or that and came across cool things like Jeep 7-pin taps to charge batteries and run things in the back end from the already-provided trailer jack.

That led me to a long discussion that some folks were having on how to charge various batteries, and whether or not solar charging was needed at all. One man suggested that charging a more efficient battery off the vehicle's alternator made the most sense, especially if driving/camping in overcast conditions where you might not have sufficient sunlight to top up a solar-recharged battery.

That led directly to a discussion about just replacing the vehicles lead/acid battery with an Iron Phosphate Lithium battery with a huge capacity and just run everything off that battery.

Well, that made a lot of sense from a weight-conscious perspective when adding a bunch of junk to a jeep that is underpowered, to begin with. That's where I learned about the Anti-Gravity direct replacement Lithium battery for vehicles.

This battery is really cool but take a firm seat before looking at the price, mind you! First of all, it only takes 24 amp/hours to completely replace the car's electrical needs and the 24 ah/hr Antimatter is a whopping 800CCA! But the thing comes in several sizes Larger all within the standard battery case, up to 60 Amp/Hr sizes boasting 1800 CCA.

But it doesn't stop there. Whereas a lead/acid battery provides up to 12.6VDC, the Lithium Ion provides 13.4VDC, I think. That spins the starter faster and provides more juice to the spark plugs for better starting and better combustion. Next, the battery is really lightweight. It will typically instantly remove 35 to 50 lbs. of weight from your car/truck. The 60 Amp/Hr battery for my Jeep only weighs 14.5 lbs!

There's even more. The battery has a built-in Battery monitor system which will not allow you or a faulty charging system to damage it in any way. It self-protects! Its duty cycle is roughly 3 times that of a Lead Acid Battery. They approximate that, but it will give 3000 discharge to recharge cycles before starting to degrade. A lead Acid battery will barely get to 1000. It typically lasts 8-10 years, but that won't account for the steep asking price of nearly $1,000. Two lead-acid batteries @ $150 ea would be far less to be sure.

Here's another super cool feature. It comes with a key fob. Let's say that you fully discharge the battery by, leaving the headlights on and the battery lacks the power to start your car. All you do is push the key-fob button and it will provide power enough to start your vehicle! It has a built-in drive away when dead feature!

I liked it because I was going to have to add another 50 pounds of battery to the back end of the JT for the camper, but now, I not only don't need to do that, but I can actually drop weight in the starter battery!

https://antigravitybatteries.com/
Would be cool if they made the same battery without all the tech. Would probably make it half the price it is. Neat battery for sure!

Online Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lithium-Ion car replacement batteries
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 09:13:21 PM »
I'm thinking the tech IS what makes this battery. Imagine a battery inside a battery where you never get stranded by a,...DEAD BATTERY.

And with all the faulty electronics out there and funky electricity (less than 60 cycles and other stuff), it's good that it knows what is good and what is not.
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal