WEAPONS > Ammo & Reloading

12 gage short shells??

(1/5) > >>

Flyin6:
Does anyone have any experience with these short 12-gage rounds? Buds has a sale on Federal 12 gauge shorty rounds with 1 oz slugs.

I might pick up a box to see how they run, but, ya, I suppose they would be pretty good defensive rounds and by stacking them in my 930, I'd have a bunch more to go pew-pew with.

Thoughts?

Experience with?

Flyin6:
I just ordered 10 boxes to give them a try.

Reviews are good.

Seem to be a favorite for Shockwave owners. One claims 4"-5" groups at 50 meters. I can believe that. Shell is 1 3/4" in length and has pretty good ballistics.

If nothing else, will be a good plinker and fun to shoot at snakes near/in the pond. ;-)

Bob Smith:
Probably the most important part would be the ballistics. Having fun is one thing, self defense is much more important.

stlaser:
Run some in that fancy siaga and lets us know how it goes….. :popcorn:

Flyin6:

--- Quote from: stlaser on January 29, 2024, 03:06:43 PM ---Run some in that fancy siaga and lets us know how it goes….. :popcorn:

--- End quote ---
That one has a particular gas system. I would venture a guess that those shells would not run in that gun.

Tom Cole who built it gave me a list of the ammo that would run, that he test-fired in my gun.

It's a short list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version