WEAPONS > Firearms

Birthday gun

(1/4) > >>

Flyin6:
Yesterday I turned 70

I have only ever done that once. It is unlikely I will ever do that again.

My wife thinks that is a significant number, and frankly having been a warrior with seven combat tours, it is a number I could hardly have guessed I would ever see. But here I am all golden aged and everything!

Most of my family was here. One Pre-Ranger is still on duty with the 3rd Infantry Division, and one "nearly-ranger" is all tied up with that pesky 75th Ranger Regiment training. Man, those guys are all so serious! ;-) And one really old one is stuck on a mountainside somewhere in Utah on a two-wheeled death machine.

But the rest of em were here and were crawling all over me for some time until the burgers and cake and ice cream ran out and the sleep monster came to visit.

Kat handed me a big heavy box to open. It felt heavier than a stack of cinder blocks (because it was!) On the top were two bags of lawn fertilizer...Oh, boy :-( Nest was another bag of specialized fertilizer for the pines we have :-( Then things started to change. There was this huge box of Oreo cookies. Odd, because I don't eat them but, she does...Hmmm. There were another two boxes of Reece's butter cups, not my fav but they just happened to be her favorite candy. Below that was this several-pound box of peanut M$M's that sadly, I do like and then there was a separately wrapped box. This one contained a GoPro camera! Ah, things were getting better. Below that was a myriad of boxes of all manner of Go-Pro stuff and below that one remaining box of deck shoes. I wear them out quickly and am in desperate need of a new pair. Inside that box, wrapped up in the shoe box paper was a brand-new Smith and Wesson Model 629!

Flyin6:
I believe I just got that .44 Magnum I have been writing/talking about for the past few months!

This is nearly an exact copy of the 629 I carried in a shoulder holster as an Army Aero Scout in the early 1980's when I patrolled the East German border.

It closes the loop for me and brings me right back to that time.

It is a forever gun for me. I will carry it proudly along with my Marlin 45/70 on my upcoming western adventures.

stlaser:
Very cool

BobbyB:
Looks nice. Now you need to throw in on the ground and get the first scratch or scratches out of the way. It's like ripping a bandaid off, just rip and get it over with.

oklawall:
And look it is in just in your size. Very sweet She is a keeper

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version