Hello Guest

Author Topic: Proof of Christian conversion?  (Read 559 times)

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Proof of Christian conversion?
« on: February 16, 2015, 02:19:32 PM »
Did you ever notice when Jesus or God wants to make a point, they say it several times? These seem to be their way of getting to the heart of the matter.

I was reading John just now and in John 14 Jesus is talking to the disciples in some of the last private moments he had before he was arrested and brutally crucified.

If we are truly saved, then we love him. It's a fact, carve it in stone!

If we truly surrendered our lives, if we truly bought into the whole truth which is Christ Jesus, then we love him as a very natural consequence of believing in him and having received the holy spirit

John 14:12 ...Whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing...

If you believe in him, if you follow him, you will do the things he was doing. Foremost in my mind seems to be the great commission. Planting seeds, nurturing them, then collecting the harvest. That is what Jesus was doing while showing us God in his person, and showing us to be what we are, essentially nothing outside of the father's will.

Later he says in John 14:21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me.

Keep his commands...obey him, do what he did. Bit of a pattern developing here.

Then a bit farther along in JN 14:23 Jesus says "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching

There it is again. If you love him you will obey him...

Then in the next verse is a bit of a warning I think when Jesus says: "Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching"

So it seems to me that the litmus test for loving God and Jesus is to do what they say. TO have a heart to do what they said to do. If you don't want to do that, if you don't try to do that and you think you are saved, are you fooling yourself?

Are you possibly making the greatest mistake of your entire life. If you draw your last breath not keeping his commands, not obeying him, not proving you love him through doing what he says, will you find yourself in heaven in the next instant??

Very sobering and scary.

Real Man...Does a real man compromise onthings of biblical importance? Does he find common ground with those who hold a different opinion that differs from that of Jesus?

Tolerant? or intolerant?

Give me intolerant any (and every) day of the week over an attitude that is tolerant of abortion. Give me intolerant over an attitude that tolerates homosexuality being accepted as normal human behavior. Allow me never to be tolerant of an Islam that says Jesus was a good guy and nothing more and gives me no choice but to accept an evil or be put to death.

Should I be tolerant of men in high places who wield ungodly (literally) powers who openly and secretly advance evil in my nation and the world? Should I, maybe just a little?

You compromise with your wife or children over the choice of a dinner meal or a family vacation destination, You do not say "Well, I know the pastor married that gay couple, let's just forget that and move on.

Seems to me, and I like it when things are simple to understand that we men have a simple choice to make. Do we accept Jesus and surrender our will to obey his commands and therefore draw a line in the sand which society will use to call us bigots, and haters, and Neanderthals and so forth? Or do we go along with the crowd, and "Coexist" and get along, and maybe accept a bit of evil, just a bit mind you, here and there?

My pastor taught me this past sunday that the word tolerant means" evil when it contradicts the word of God.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 03:56:12 PM by Flyin6 »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal