Hello Guest

Author Topic: Immediate prayer request!  (Read 12940 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Immediate prayer request!
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2015, 09:59:44 AM »
Awesome answer to prayers!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Online Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2015, 10:02:33 AM »
Great news.  Thanks.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2015, 10:04:54 AM »
Thanks to you two and all the rest of you wonderful folks who take prayer seriously!
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2015, 10:08:15 AM »
Never underestimate the power of prayer. Fantastic news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2015, 10:11:10 AM »
Not related but let me share a praise report with ya

Bill Moore is a big man I met the day I gave my life to Jesus. I was at the front of a church in front of maybe 400 people I didn't know crying like a baby and standing right beside me was this hard looking man, Bill Moore.
He used to be a tough guy rolling on the streets of Cincinnati, but God changed all that and when I met him he was a walking tower for Jesus. Spent all his spare time working for the Lord.
That was 2000. Bill came down with blood cancer this year. I was at lunch with him and some others when I found out, and just like that time when I found Jesus, I broke down and cried like a little school girl!
We have prayed for Bill, everyone has prayed for him. He got sick and started losing weight, when God decided to rid him of cancer. Just like that, in a matter of a couple weeks, Bill went from losing weight and health and getting sicker, to being found to be cancer free, with completely normal blood numbers and has gained back 15 pounds
Praise our Lord!

Online Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2015, 12:41:43 PM »
God is good.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2015, 01:12:15 PM »
Yes He is. Good to hear!
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2015, 01:33:06 PM »
What can you say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2015, 10:35:07 PM »
Great news!
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2015, 09:11:47 AM »
I'm a little taken aback to post this, but Andrea is back in the ICU.

Edit: One of her lungs collapsed, so they had to insert another chest tube. OK, this is still a rocky road, and she needs continued prayer

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:22:02 AM by Flyin6 »

Online Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2015, 09:19:02 AM »
Haven't stopped.  God is working here and will be glorified in this.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2015, 02:30:33 PM »
Gentlemen, Andrea just passed on

She is survived by her 9 year old son and a 12 year old daughter and her mother, Angie

I don't know what to say...

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2015, 02:47:08 PM »
I am so sorry to hear this. I will continue to pray for the family. I hope they can some how find peace. Life can be so cruel. I am sorry.  :'(

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2015, 03:19:17 PM »
I am saddened to hear this-

Lord, we know that Andrea is at peace with you in a glorified body and free from sorrow and pain; we ask you to comfort and strengthen her son and daughter, her mother Angie and the rest of her family and friends.  We never know your plans for us, but we can take peace in the thought that you ALWAYS have a plan and purpose for everything.  Wrap your loving arms around all of those morning the loss of your servant Andrea-

In Jesus name, Amen.
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Dawg25385

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2015, 03:33:21 PM »
Oh my... no words. So sorry to hear that. Will continue to pray for comfort.

Grant to all who mourn a sure confidence in thy fatherly care, that, casting all their grief on thee,
they may know the consolation of thy love.
Amen.
2006 Chevrolet 2500 HD 6.6 - MotorOps EFI, 4" MBRP, S&B intake, AirBags and B&W Turnover Ball
Prov 27:17, 2 Tim 1:7
NRA Life Member

Online Atkinsmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2015, 03:48:35 PM »
I will continue to pray for the Lord's comfort and peace that we can't know without Him.  Somehow God is being glorified through this.  His ways are higher that our own.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2015, 04:52:52 PM »
Very sad news,,,,,,,,
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2015, 05:32:04 PM »
That is sad news.
Prayers to the family in this hard time.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2015, 05:34:51 PM »
So sorry to hear the news.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends.
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2015, 06:24:27 PM »
That is a pretty hard pill to swallow. I'm saddened to hear this news for everyone involved. Lord, please bless this family and their friends when they need you and your comfort the most and help them to understand. Bless and keep Andrea and bless her children. Amen.
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2015, 07:19:19 PM »
Saddened and speachless.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2015, 09:56:55 PM »
Andrea's mother has not left her side except to go home and take a shower and change clothes.
We all thought she was getting better, then this.
My wife has been over there since midday. Imagine a mother having to make the funeral arrangements for her daughter...That's why Kat is there. It's just too much for Angie at this time...I just can't imagine. I've been bummed out all day since hearing...

Offline Sammconn

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2015, 10:50:38 PM »
Andrea's mother has not left her side except to go home and take a shower and change clothes.
We all thought she was getting better, then this.
My wife has been over there since midday. Imagine a mother having to make the funeral arrangements for her daughter...That's why Kat is there. It's just too much for Angie at this time...I just can't imagine. I've been bummed out all day since hearing...
That is a very hard sad ordeal to face. We are not supposed to have to bury our children. What a horrible time for the family. I can't imagine the anguish they are facing and pray for them to get through this testing time. God bless
Sam

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2015, 11:17:55 PM »
I will continue to pray for the Lord's comfort and peace that we can't know without Him.  Somehow God is being glorified through this.  His ways are higher that our own.

Matt you are 100% on target. 
Deuteronomy 29:29  “The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our sons forever, that we may observe all the words of this law.

That means He has not chosen to reveal all things to us, only a small part of His will is revealed in time. All things are for His glory.
Grieving for the loss of a Christian brother or sister is about our sorrow, for the Christian, to be absent from this world is to be present with the Lord. Where there is no suffering or sickness.

Grieving for an unbeliever is a different story all together, since we know that their exit from this world  is into a much worse place.

Don,  I pray that He gives Andrea's family peace and comfort to you and your wife as well.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2015, 06:35:22 PM »
Well, all day today was visitation, the funeral, and the burial, followed by a meal.

It's just plain tiring, or is it trying, to see that. I watched her children playing around, the real impact of this is yet to come for them. The little girl closed and would not open her eyes in the church and had to be taken out. The father is close to a breakdown I'm told. I mean he looks awful. Angie, Andrea's mom looks like a worn out hollow person, she's just so frazzled by this.

While the funeral was going on in a huge and very packed Catholic cathedral looking church the warning sirens blew for some time. Then the rain came and the wind blew hard and the power failed. I guess we took a near miss, because when we went outside later to drive to the cemetery, there were branches and trees down everywhere.

Well, for Andrea it's all done now, but for that 9 and 12 year old, it's just beginning...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:36:29 PM by Flyin6 »

Offline halsey

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2015, 07:08:25 PM »

prayers for this family

Offline Wilbur

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2015, 08:42:13 PM »
Don words are meaningless at a time like this. I have had my share of "are you f'ing kidding me funerals???" Where you try to make sense of it but you cant. And I know that you have too....probably more than me. But all you can do is make a promise to the Man above that you will help those children. You will help guide them as best you can. You will remind them of the love that their Mom had for them. Because in the end this is their path, and no matter how hard, no matter how much you and your church family will help, they need to walk it. And they will. With the support of a special caring group, they will. And while I won't be so presumptuous to say they will be the better for it (no child would EVER be better by losing a parent) given the alternative they will be better for having you and all your parishioners in their lives. God bless you ALL as you face this struggle for the next 15 or more years. Those little ones need that help. And I am sure you will all help provide it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal