Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1327790 times)

Offline Bear9350

• Registered
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #950 on: July 27, 2016, 01:10:27 PM »
My wife put one of these together a couple weekends ago while I was gone for the day.  She just used a cheap Styrofoam cooler instead of a bucket.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 27, 2016, 01:18:35 PM »
went to jury duty today.  Tried hard not to get angry.

Got up and left the house in time to be there early, knowing parking and getting through security can be a pain. 

Security was tighter than the airport.  Shoes off, belt off, wallet out, etc.  I asked the cops, "who's the criminal here"  Zero amusement factor for them.

I get in and get seated with 20 minutes to spare.  8am comes and goes and its not until 8:30 that they start to give instructions.  Why put 8am on the summons if you are going to do calls all the way to 8:30.  8:05 the doors should close and you should have to recheduled and come back on another day if your happy arse can't be on time instead of penalizing those of us who got up and planned to be there as requested.

Its 9:40 before we get across the street to the courthouse with our new identification (I'm #25, no name, just a number)  I go back to the 337th district criminal court.....for the second time in 2 years.  We wait standing in the halls (no chairs) until 11:30.  Get in and vote to go through Voir Dire without stopping for lunch to get this over with.  Good thing I planned ahead and had a granola bar and a bottle of water with me.

I sit there with basic english and common sense being taught so that people can understand the distinction between possession and ownership and custody and escape.  Then have to listen to ignorant liberals raise their hand to get out of duty by saying they can't in good conscience sit in judgement of another human.  And that they hate cops.  And that they think 2 years in prison is too harsh for possession of cocaine between 1 and 4 grams.

Based on the questioning its clear that the defendant has 2 prior convictions and this time he's looking at 20-life in Texas for the 3rd strike, which probably explains why he attempted escape from custody.

Ultimately I was not selected, but couldn't help but notice that of the 16 chosen, all but 3 were women and only 4 were white, both statistics that were no where near reflective of the pool of jurors.  My guess is he gets convicted and gets the minimum instead of life.

Parking garage there was having trouble with the gates and it took 30 minutes to get out of the garage.  I finally had lunch at 3pm and was satisfied that I at least attempted to do my civic duty.

Someone has it out for me.  I recievied a questionnaire a month ago for federal grand jury duty and this week the summons came.  Ok, I'll do my part, right?

So I'm asked to go on line and complete a questionnaire.  Things start getting really weird.

Details on my place of birth, residence, education, work, addresses, etc.

Then it gets to family members names and DOBs, and then it gets really weird.

religious preference, familiy members who have served in military including rank and occupation, publications I read, organizations I belong to, etc etc.

They are not going to be happy as I answered a more than a few as "irrelevant" or " none of your business"

I don't mind playing but privacy still has a place and those answers are irrelevant to whether I'm qualified to sit on a jury.

This will get interesting.  I show on 8/15
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 27, 2016, 01:21:59 PM »
Hmm. Interesting.
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 27, 2016, 02:12:09 PM »
Yeah. May need a RMTW go fund me account for bail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 27, 2016, 02:43:41 PM »
On a smaller scale, I put in a bid for a local gas company contract, to service their vehicles and I didn't check any of the "Diverse Suppliers" options.
Interesting enough, I didn't get the bid, even tho they expressed great interest in my shop doing the work.

Notice there are only 4 options that are in bold script...
LGTB owned? Really? WTF

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 27, 2016, 03:28:35 PM »
That is bull crap!

Why not a block for "Christian service" if you volunteer at church

Like I keep saying

It's always opposite day with respect to common sense and justice and fairness
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 27, 2016, 06:49:59 PM »
I agree Don, heck Ken must have really felt left out when there wasn't even an H supporter box to check :o!
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 27, 2016, 07:11:07 PM »
Phsst. I had checked the LGTG box, until my accountant told me that it didn't stand for Lambo Gallardo Trans German edition. :o

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 27, 2016, 07:21:03 PM »
Oh, heck Ken, just wear a skirt once a week and use the other bathroom and you're Golden! ;)
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 27, 2016, 09:47:00 PM »
File a grievance for reverse discrimination. Or do like Jesse Jackson.  Have your wife start a business. Then with no assets or employees she bids and wins contracts as a Minority (woman owned business). Then she sub contracts with you to do the work and keeps 20% off the top. Genius how our government waste our money to placate minorities.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: July 27, 2016, 11:20:35 PM »
Who is listening to this guy on the tv

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 27, 2016, 11:39:45 PM »
You mean the PLC? Professional Liars Conference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 28, 2016, 07:13:29 AM »
Bingo!!

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #963 on: July 28, 2016, 07:15:09 AM »
Some of you guys might be more familiar.  Aren't we warned about those sooth Sayers that say all is well and nothing is wrong? What scripture ?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 07:16:48 AM by Bigdave_185 »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 28, 2016, 10:24:57 AM »
Some of you guys might be more familiar.  Aren't we warned about those sooth Sayers that say all is well and nothing is wrong? What scripture ?

Good point Dave,

And that is found in many places in the scripture.

Judgement

Everything thinks that it is wrong to judge.

But that is not what Jesus said. Just how man took it out of context or mixed scripture up with Chinese proverbs

Jesus has us judge the actions to see if they are really Christians:

By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Mat 7:16

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 28, 2016, 10:35:07 AM »
II Thessalonians Ch2 is close, Dave

The Man of Lawlessness

1  Now we request you, brethren, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, 2  that you not be quickly shaken from your composure or be disturbed either by a spirit or a message or a letter as if from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. 3  Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the *apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4  who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God. 5  Do you not remember that while I was still with you, I was telling you these things? 6  And you know what restrains him now, so that in his time he will be revealed. 7  For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way. 8  Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming; 9  that is, the one whose coming is in accord with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders, 10  and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. 11  For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, 12  in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness.
    13  But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you *from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. 14  It was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15  So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 28, 2016, 10:37:22 AM »
Note a few things here.  God will send a deluding influence to fulfill His purpose. And this obliterates and discussion of the " struggle " or "battle" between good and evil or Christ and Satan. He will slay him in the end with just the breath of His mouth.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 28, 2016, 10:39:21 AM »
And we are absolutely to judge. But only professing Christians within the Church. Not those unbelievers. But for the grace of God go I.

I Cor 5

9  I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; 10  I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. 11  But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 12  For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Do you not judge those who are within the church? 13  But those who are outside, God judges. REMOVE THE WICKED MAN FROM AMONG YOURSELVES.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 10:40:37 AM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 28, 2016, 10:45:34 AM »
So plan B after high altitude vacation failure.

Hyatt Lost Pines Resort in Bastrop Texas. Lazy river calling my name. My pre teen future ranger wives are learning to sleep in. I had to sneak out and been drinking quoffee for the last two hours waiting on them to wake up.

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 28, 2016, 10:54:21 AM »
Good Plan B

I should copy this pic over to the Quoffee thread

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 28, 2016, 10:55:31 AM »
Roger that.

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 28, 2016, 11:45:46 AM »
I was leaning more along the line of something out of revelations.  I'll do some digging when I am not at work on the clock

Um I want to be at a resort with my feet up. That just looks nice. 

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 31, 2016, 09:39:37 AM »
Had some friends over and griled some steaks. Typical gas grill. Put it on low and within 2 minutes it's 9,000 degrees with black smoke.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 31, 2016, 06:46:33 PM »
In 101 degree I pulled out the chainsaw and cut down a few crap trees that had about 8-10 inch trunks.  Put em on the trailer and thanked the good lord I didn't die in the heat.

Later I will do a blip on chain saw blades and knowledge I gained as to tooth and shape and sharpening.  Didn't know there was so many options until I asked my small engine shop what he had as far as options

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 31, 2016, 07:36:55 PM »
Dave, I highly recommend this chain sharpener.  One you get it set, its fast and puts a good edge on the blades.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N4L2LO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #975 on: July 31, 2016, 08:59:13 PM »
I never bought one of those, after about 5 or 6 times with rat tail touching them up I'd just take a half dozen chains in & have them ground. I cut "a lot" meaning 4-5 cords min per year & never bought one. Granted I had plenty of other things to do so buying one would have just added to the chore list.

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 31, 2016, 09:29:36 PM »
Put down sod where I had sand. Cats loved it, we didn't. Now the pool toys stay cleaner since they always end up out of the pool.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 31, 2016, 10:20:55 PM »
Yesterday I got the big forklift running, leveled some ground with the tractor, and set the 2nd container in place and almost got heat stroke. Still feeling it today.
Next I'll hook the 2 together with a roof to give me a new parking spot for the Jimmy.

Offline Atkinsmatt

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 31, 2016, 10:24:22 PM »
Channeled my inner Don yesterday and broke the shear pin on the drive line for my bush hog.  Not a problem to fix it and that led me to discover that the bolts that hold the gearbox down were loose.  Wound up doing some good PM on the unit.
Matt
16 GMC Denali 2500 HD

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 31, 2016, 10:47:00 PM »
Dave, I highly recommend this chain sharpener.  One you get it set, its fast and puts a good edge on the blades.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N4L2LO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've got one similar to this. And totally agree that it does good work.
As well along the way the rat tail would sometimes come out for a tune up.

I was then put on to this guy, by a fella the cuts 15-20 cords a year.
Wow is all I can say, and it's a lot easier on the chains life as well.
It's pricy for a sharpener, but deadly accurate.

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=67753&cat=1,41131

I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 31, 2016, 11:08:25 PM »
Since we're sharing, here is the guide I used on my rat tail file. It cuts the rake as well to keep it the correct height until sending it off to the professionals.

http://www.maxtool.com/husqvarna-oem-chainsaw-sharp-force-file-sharpening-guide-7-32-in?google=1&CAWELAID=230005740000014399&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=19685619371&CATCI=pla-107161355171&gclid=CPqOw46en84CFQkpaQodMg0EPQ

Offline Farmer Jon

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: August 01, 2016, 07:13:34 AM »
I always manage to make my chains worse when I sharpen them. I keep a new spare. When I got o down I get my other one sharpened. Cost 2 bucks.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Father, husband, farmer, trucker, mechanic, equipment operator, ect

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: August 01, 2016, 08:33:47 AM »
Since we're sharing, here is the guide I used on my rat tail file. It cuts the rake as well to keep it the correct height until sending it off to the professionals.

http://www.maxtool.com/husqvarna-oem-chainsaw-sharp-force-file-sharpening-guide-7-32-in?google=1&CAWELAID=230005740000014399&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=19685619371&CATCI=pla-107161355171&gclid=CPqOw46en84CFQkpaQodMg0EPQ

Here is a portable option that I have and highly recommend. On the pricey side but it is fast and works great. We have Oak wilt problem so we are always cutting Oak. If it isn't really sharp it takes forever.

https://www.timberlinesharpener.com/

https://youtu.be/W-BlL5hzjsk

ooops... didn't see Samm already posted.  :o
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:36:25 AM by cruizng »
Mike
Sold the DMax in MN and am currently vehicle less.

Offline kampfitt

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: August 01, 2016, 08:53:04 AM »
Went out after work today since we had an 1" of rain Sat. and worked up my spot for food plot. Ground is still hard as a rock!

Going to need more work after the next rain.
08 EX-Cab D-Max 4X4 45 gal. aux tank Pull-Right Super Glide 5th hitch, Prvt. Pilot ,NRA Life Member , Michigan CPL Holder , T-Bird II Experimental Aircraft Builder, Electrician Flint Truck Asm.

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 03, 2016, 01:38:09 AM »
Heck, I just use a dremel and eye ball it. Seems to work OK but not a heavy duty cutter.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: August 03, 2016, 09:17:28 AM »
Heck, I just use a dremel and eye ball it. Seems to work OK but not a heavy duty cutter.

Did you just say you use a dremel on a chainsaw chain?  :o

Online JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 03, 2016, 11:17:06 AM »

Did you just say you use a dremel on a chainsaw chain?  :o

Sure, they make nice stones made to sharpen the blades. I just do one side at a time since they have opposing cutting edges.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 03, 2016, 01:19:36 PM »

Here is a portable option that I have and highly recommend. On the pricey side but it is fast and works great. We have Oak wilt problem so we are always cutting Oak. If it isn't really sharp it takes forever.

https://www.timberlinesharpener.com/

https://youtu.be/W-BlL5hzjsk

ooops... didn't see Samm already posted.  :o
I ordered one this morning and already have a tracking number on it!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 03, 2016, 05:52:38 PM »
Bonded with my daughter via manual labor- she was a great gofer' and hole cleaner outter!  I almost over did it in the heat!  Who'd a thunk two chunks of concrete would be so precious to the earth; think it pulled hard enough to alter the earths rotational speed!  6 hours of diggin', pullin', sweating and repression of cursing and finally got the posts replaced properly and the fence back up!

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 04, 2016, 05:29:26 PM »
Came home, dropped my work stuff, threw some PT clothes on, then went on a ruck.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: August 04, 2016, 07:43:23 PM »
TOO HOT to work on next two fence posts to be ripped outta the ground and replaced, so primed and painted the trim around the new patio sliding glass doors INSIDE the house and the pantry door.  Flopped around on a tall ladder cleaning (really cleaning not dusting) the chandelier for the first time in 15 years.  Vertigo is back  >:(

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 04, 2016, 09:35:40 PM »
Made the 10 year old go out and fix the spots on the truck she missed washing it yesterday.

I told he if she takes on a job she should do it to the best of her ability and if she makes a mistake, so needs to make it right and fix it.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: August 04, 2016, 10:34:14 PM »
Well, I've spent a few hours a day for the last three installing about 500 odd square feet of laminate in the cabin.
One room at a time it went. Two bedrooms first day, kitchen area second, and entry and bathroom today. One box short, dang it, not enough to finish the last bedroom. Oh well, I'll grab another box when I'm out, hopefully the same kind... ::)
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline Bigdave_185

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 05, 2016, 12:00:31 AM »
Do you guys think the attachment for the sharpener can be hooked to a drill?

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: August 05, 2016, 11:32:50 PM »
Got some time to work on my table again.

I started by drilling holes for the countersink bolts for the top.

Then the smaller hole to tap in the base.

I really pooched up the second hole because my counter sink bit just spun on top. Rats!  So I ordered a metal counter sink bit for the mag drill but that will be a few days. So I cut and tapped all of the holes and screwed them in just to hold the top for now.

The cleaned off all of the tools and used a cut off wheel to cut into the welds on the hooks I used to lift out of my truck.

I beat them over to break them loose.

Then used a flap wheel grinder to grind down the welds left over. They were definitely not coming loose and it would have been much easier if the top was cardboard.

I'm going to sand down the top to remove all of the mill scale and weld BB's and then layout the hold down holes. I'm still looking at options for the hole layout other than the normal rows.

We will see.

Mike

Offline cruizng

• Registered
  • Happy to be here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: August 05, 2016, 11:34:56 PM »
Must be tired. Sorry for the duplicate pics. Not sure how to edit using iPad

Mike

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 06, 2016, 09:03:15 AM »
No plywood??? :o

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 06, 2016, 10:58:41 PM »
So busy day at the hide. Up at 05:00 two cups coffee. Changed the lugs in the rear of the dually to spikes. Went to Lowes, harbor freight tools OReilly auto parts and then the donut place for kolaches for the kids.  Got back and did brakes, rotors and hardware on the wife's GL. Put a pork
Butt and three racks of ribs on the smoker. Supervised the kids washing Mammas SUV. Watered my peach tree which is struggling in the 100+ heat. Changed the air filter and oil and filter in my Dually as well. Spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone with tech support trying to get internet access restored which finally got done. Satellite internet is not ideal.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 11:00:30 PM by TexasRedNeck »

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 07, 2016, 07:17:22 AM »
pork Butt and Brakes

Things that start with "B"

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: August 07, 2016, 08:44:44 AM »
Oh you can add Budweiser to that list. Back wheels, I suppose too

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal