Hello Guest

Author Topic: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)  (Read 1328627 times)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WDYDT (What Did You Do Today)
« Reply #1100 on: August 22, 2016, 12:44:41 AM »
Congrads on the house, now the fun and empty pockets come. First year is tuff, but pays off.

Bought s Senco F15 cordless finish nailer. Have a senco that uses cartridges and battery but got tired of fiddling with it.

Used my new Kolbat 10 inch table saw and 10 inch sliding miter, both work great.

Got the final door cut out for the stairs to the play area (mine) and a new room with 1/2 bath up there to follow.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: August 22, 2016, 09:02:18 AM »
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 22, 2016, 09:10:10 AM »
I think I busted a rib!

Yesterday after church, well every Sunday, I train my security team at the church. I run a security ministry and we are definitely growing.

So a female was having difficulty snatching a pistol out of an assailant's hands. The other guy is a big muscular guy and Akihito ninja guy.

So I step in to help.

I lunge and grab the pistol then push the barrel up, while pulling the gun in toward me and dropping down. It's a move designed to get the gun while breaking the wrist or fingers. Well he came in fast, and lost his balance. I am really strong and can yank most guys off their feet. I must have because as I fell down as a part of the move he fell into me knee first which struck full force into my rib cage. It was a big hit and I really felt it. He even asked if I was OK. Well, I noticed it was hard to breath as the pain was really up there. But you know the deal...The leader does not show weakness. So I finished the training. 
But last night was hard, can't pull a full lung full of air but only because it hurts. I took an aspirin and called off farm work today. I'll take it easy. I already prayed over it, so I'll be fine, but it did slow me down for a day!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: August 22, 2016, 09:27:47 AM »
Drove the oldest to her first day in 7th grade and then walked the younger to her first day in 5th grade.  Time flies.  7th grade is where all the drama starts. Drugs, bad influence friends etc.  I need to up my parenting game this year.
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: August 22, 2016, 09:54:39 AM »
Don, get feeling better. Getting old sucks.....

TRN, way to step it up. I agree whole heartedly in your assessment. I have several neighbor boys taking more interest in my girls than I care for currently. As such it has been interesting the psychology tactics I must use to allow them to:

A) to have them know I know they exist but am not dissuaded by their unrelenting presence, no matter how annoying they are.

B) always keep them on their toes by accusing them of things which I know they did not do but someone needs to take blame & as they say well useful idiots and all that.

C) make them understand that I have many tools to remove them from existence but keep said tools out of sight & them guessing as to how their end may come (think they call that opsec)
Living in the remote north hoping Ken doesn’t bring H up here any time soon…..

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 22, 2016, 02:16:09 PM »
Don, get feeling better. Getting old sucks.....

TRN, way to step it up. I agree whole heartedly in your assessment. I have several neighbor boys taking more interest in my girls than I care for currently. As such it has been interesting the psychology tactics I must use to allow them to:

A) to have them know I know they exist but am not dissuaded by their unrelenting presence, no matter how annoying they are.

B) always keep them on their toes by accusing them of things which I know they did not do but someone needs to take blame & as they say well useful idiots and all that.

C) make them understand that I have many tools to remove them from existence but keep said tools out of sight & them guessing as to how their end may come (think they call that opsec)
I'm OK
May be older but not slowing down much!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 22, 2016, 03:09:45 PM »
Shawn, I have a backhoe, a bag of lime, and adjoin 18000 acres of national forest. 'Nuf said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: August 22, 2016, 03:13:37 PM »
Tex, for you or the kids? I wonder sometimes which would be easier. lol
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: August 22, 2016, 03:13:59 PM »
Sounds like you at least cracked one one or 2. Been there, done that but it takes time since it moves like you all the time.

My kids were all last week. Daughter started HS, 13 and is 5-8 and way to pretty for that age. She looks down at the wife and thinks she is an adult (didn't we all).

Framed out the doorway for the stairs, on the way for molding now. Want to open the ceiling and roof up this week for final framing so I can use it.

Need to sell blazer and smog 3 vehicles this week!! (flippin Kali)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 22, 2016, 04:52:22 PM »
Shawn, I have a backhoe, a bag of lime, and adjoin 18000 acres of national forest. 'Nuf said

I understand, I used to own the first two & quite a bit of land. Now I have to be creative!

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: August 22, 2016, 05:18:32 PM »
deep water is even better, just sayin,,,,,,,,,,,

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 22, 2016, 08:14:22 PM »
I hear pigs eat bones.....

And Kenneth it may be easier for them to use that on me...

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: August 22, 2016, 08:23:16 PM »
I hear pigs eat bones.....BUT NOT THE TEETH

2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline CHEVSILVER1500

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: August 22, 2016, 09:46:45 PM »
Got the painting of the garage completed today after dropping the kiddo off at kindergarten. Her mom was able to walk her to class as I had to wait with the truck as we didn't think we would be able to walk her in from the impression the folks gave at orientation friday. Wife said she took her lunchbox and walked in her class and never even looked back to see if she was still there. Hard watching them grow up but also one of the greatest things at the same time...

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 22, 2016, 10:46:41 PM »
I hear pigs eat bones.....BUT NOT THE TEETH

Feed grinder...... ;)

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: August 23, 2016, 12:05:23 AM »
Deep moving water in a weighted barrel with holes.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 23, 2016, 10:11:31 AM »
My 17 year old showed up with a bikini the other day telling mom how they are having a pool party for school.   I want to send her in sweat pants and a hoodie

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 23, 2016, 10:19:20 AM »
it's a pool party this isn't a support black lives matter party.... ;D

Jokes aside, I feel your pain......

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 23, 2016, 11:35:19 AM »
Sam took Sophie to downtown Seattle for an audition with Amazon's marketing department. you may see goldilocks on some of their media pretty soon. paying gig too, so we're opening up a trust for college. She's also headed to Kindergarten orientation/assessment today w/ big bro. but I get to take her myself next Thursday for 1st day. The wife sprained her ankle pretty badly at the river while camping last weekend, so I swept, vacuumed, mopped, cleaned all the nooks and crannies, made carne asada burritos with Spanish rice and fresh guac, disposed of two coronas and went to bed. This is the pic that caught Amazon's attention:
Husband, Father, Gear guy, Patriot.

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 23, 2016, 12:10:28 PM »
Sam took Sophie to downtown Seattle for an audition with Amazon's marketing department. you may see goldilocks on some of their media pretty soon. paying gig too, so we're opening up a trust for college. She's also headed to Kindergarten orientation/assessment today w/ big bro. but I get to take her myself next Thursday for 1st day. The wife sprained her ankle pretty badly at the river while camping last weekend, so I swept, vacuumed, mopped, cleaned all the nooks and crannies, made carne asada burritos with Spanish rice and fresh guac, disposed of two coronas and went to bed. This is the pic that caught Amazon's attention:

That's pretty cool Tate.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: August 23, 2016, 12:41:03 PM »
Thanks Bobby. We're trying not to get our hopes up, or talk about it much in front of her in case nothing happens, but we're pretty excited about it.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: August 23, 2016, 12:43:35 PM »
Pretty cool, keep her grounded as best you can.

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 23, 2016, 12:58:55 PM »
We've turned down quite a few that didn't "feel" right, including a national ford commercial offer, (fly to L.A., etc during the school year, plus blue oval  ???), Z Nation recurring spot that was filming locally in Spokane, but 5 year old and Zombies, even comedic Zombies didn't sit well. Nope, we've been really picky, and she might have missed out on "THE" opportunity, but I'd rather she be good, real, and humble, than rich and famous.

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: August 23, 2016, 01:10:32 PM »
Good for you Tate!  Keep that photo next to JR's post about "deep running water" and title it.........looking at the last boy who didn't head my fathers instructions!  ;)

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline EL TATE

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 23, 2016, 01:28:31 PM »
Good for you Tate!  Keep that photo next to JR's post about "deep running water" and title it.........looking at the last boy who didn't head my fathers instructions!  ;)

I love it!

Offline BobbyB

• Global Moderator
  • "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: August 23, 2016, 03:38:55 PM »

I believe that would be "heed" come on teacher!!!

;D
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 23, 2016, 04:21:08 PM »

I believe that would be "heed" come on teacher!!!

;D

I DRAW PICTURES FOR A LIVING!  Besides, what do you think would be left in the barrel with holes, in fast running water........a HEED?  Nope, a HEAD! ;D

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 23, 2016, 04:55:53 PM »
lol

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 23, 2016, 04:58:38 PM »
Posted Blazer on CL, lots of calls-text, still waiting for someone with $$$$.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline wilsonphil

• Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 23, 2016, 05:21:07 PM »
the most entertaining thing about Craig's list is all the oddball trades people offer, well its entertaining unless you are trying to sell things.  Craigs list brings out some weird people !!!!!

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 23, 2016, 05:26:23 PM »
Posted Blazer on CL, lots of calls-text, still waiting for someone with $$$$.

quite a few offers for dates huh?

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 23, 2016, 06:15:57 PM »
Dave, that will be a battle.  It's tough to keep them under wraps but mine know it's one piece or they don't swim.

Tate very cool. We have friends who are chasing that dream hard and have separated the family with the mom and daughter in LA and dad and son in Houston. They've been at it for 3 years and nothing big has popped. I think they are wrong but I keep my mouth shut as long as they don't ask.

Offline Sammconn

• Just A Guy in the Sticks
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 23, 2016, 07:12:26 PM »
Well I'm glad I have a son...
I don't envy the torture that those of you with daughters go through.

Today after work spent some time sending bullets downrange.
Two weeks till the national competition, and I need to get back behind the trigger.
I just don't want to wind up missing a digit or limb.  I can sometimes get in a hurry to get results.
Sam

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: August 23, 2016, 07:42:01 PM »
Saw my LBZ has a pinion leak. one more thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm worried seeing my daughter in a bikini and now she is in HS

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 23, 2016, 08:21:02 PM »
Dropped my trailer at the wood lot to be filled up with firewood for a trip to a friends 12000 acre hunting lease this Thursday. Played illegal alien and mowed my yard. The school messed my oldest daughters schedule up and I had to threaten to go show up in person, to which the coordinator capitulated. Then opened a ups package to find my new all black mud flaps for the dually.

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 23, 2016, 08:32:00 PM »
Dropped my trailer at the wood lot to be filled up with firewood for a trip to a friends 12000 acre hunting lease this Thursday. Played illegal alien and mowed my yard. The school messed my oldest daughters schedule up and I had to threaten to go show up in person, to which the coordinator capitulated. Then opened a ups package to find my new all black mud flaps for the dually.

Red wasn't an option huh? ;D

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 23, 2016, 08:37:34 PM »
That's what I was going to type.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 23, 2016, 10:20:39 PM »
Clowns

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 23, 2016, 10:29:54 PM »
Shoe fits.....

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 23, 2016, 11:33:18 PM »
Which bathroom?

Thomas Jefferson

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: August 24, 2016, 12:05:03 AM »
Which bathroom?

Huh? you sleepwalking again? remember, no gassy foods before bed. :pokeJR

Offline stlaser

• Global Moderator
  • Official PIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: August 24, 2016, 12:20:16 AM »
Which bathroom?

Huh? you sleepwalking again? remember, no gassy foods before bed. :pokeJR

Ken, pssst he's from Cali. I hear they're all still real confused about which bathroom to use out there...... ;D

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: August 24, 2016, 01:07:09 AM »
Were not confused, the lawmakers are.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: August 24, 2016, 05:42:08 AM »
Feinstein, Boxer, Jerrry "moonbeam" Brown, 9th Circuit Court of Appeals...the list goes on...

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: August 24, 2016, 07:01:53 AM »
My Grandfather always called it, "the land of fruits and nuts" for a reason......... ;D

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: August 24, 2016, 09:05:06 AM »
Changed out the mudflaps on the dually with a new set from go industries. Not thrilled with the bracket so will have to modify

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: August 24, 2016, 10:00:12 AM »
Nice work, want to run over a senator or 2.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Bigdave_185

• Raising Boys into Real Men!
  • Registered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: August 24, 2016, 09:24:18 PM »
My Grandfather always called it, "the land of fruits and nuts" for a reason......... ;D
Now that's funny right there

Raising boys into RealMen!!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: August 24, 2016, 10:20:47 PM »
I might JR, I might

Next up after work. Picked up a load of firewood in the trailer with the LB7. Don't like the butt sagging. It's down 1.5 below front and normally the back is 1 inch higher unloaded. Might have to get bags.

Started loading some gear as I'm heading to Freer Texas tomorrow for a long weekend and do some work on hunting lease and maybe get a few pot shots on some pigs. Gonna try a new weapon out.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 24, 2016, 10:21:19 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal