Commuication, Information Technology and Automation > Tech/Electronics

nvgs

<< < (2/5) > >>

JR:
I got mine from optic planet for well under 2K, but it is just gen 2+. Like looking at a old black/white TV.

Ilum are great, but think animals can see them. I know they say no, but something spooks em.

Just got an ATN scope to, great sale for under $500. Need to do the upgrades now.

Flyin6:
OK, several things on Nods in general

Dust specs may not be dust at all. The phosphor screens degrade, flake, whatever and that causes what looks like a dark spot of a spec of dust. It is not dust, but a bad screen.

The insides of these things are ultra sensitive. Do as little monkeying around in there as is possible.

and nitrogen purge. If you can purge with Nitrogen every 90 days to maybe as far out as 6 months. Should you not purge and it develop a spec or droplet of moisture inside, you'll be out one intensifier tube PDQ.

Next step is AnVis-6, you'll like them!

Dfarm01:
In my case the specs were dust for the most part, they'd be different every time you looked through it until I cleaned it up. Lol  The pic is what it looked like when I first got it  plenty of opportunity to get dust in there  lol.  There's two tiny blem spots in the tube that you only notice if you are looking for them.

In a previous life I had access to the stuff to n2 purge optics. I don't anymore unfortunately.  I'm sure that there are places to send them for service, but I'm not sure where to send it or the cost. It seems like most civilian folks who have them don't usually worry about purging them regularly. If it was inexpensive and fast, I'd probably do it.

I'd love to play with some dual tube units, but unfortunately cost is an issue for me. Lol.

JR:
Nice job on the build though. I thought about it, but by the time I got it all and built the $$ didn't make sense for me.

Dfarm01:
Thanks. It took patience and discipline to hold off until the right deal came along.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version