Hello Guest

Author Topic: Heading out  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Heading out
« on: October 01, 2020, 01:07:14 PM »
The bucks are getting ready for hunting season. Bunching up and heading for higher ground.

Offline Nate

• Administrator
  • I like to torment Ken!
    • View Profile
Re: Heading out
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 03:54:03 PM »
is that up at your hunting cabin?  i am surprised that they still have velvet on.
If you need the promise of eternity in the kingdom of heaven to be a good person … You were never a good person in the first place!

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 10:14:01 PM »
Friend sent the photo to me from Davenport WA area last month. Don’t know for sure but think it was in August.
My hunting cabin is my travel trailer. I don’t pull it as far into the brush as the other ones I have had. In fact full hookups in an rv park are nice.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2020, 10:37:48 PM »
Hunting is over, brought a doe home for dinner. Passed on a few early on, I was too far away from the jeep. Hunted horns for four days, had a doe tag so used it yesterday. Now back to get the trailer home. Two trips to get the trailer and jeep placed for hunting then two trips to get it back home.

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2022, 07:50:57 PM »
So this year was too dry and too smoky for both me and the deer. Saw a couple does and one small buck in the week I hunted. Another year for tag soup. Anyway that’s my story and I am sticking to it.
Still enjoyed being out in the hills, but didn’t get very far away from the roads this year.  Have seen three legal bucks here at home, people feed them apples so they really are pretty tame. General season is over now, a couple hunts for the feather flingers  and smoke tube guys, but modern rifle is done for the year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal