Hello Guest

Author Topic: Laser sight  (Read 2030 times)

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Laser sight
« on: September 29, 2015, 08:13:11 PM »
Well, ran across a great sale at MidwayUSA awhile back and jumped on it!  Crimson Trace rail sight with tool/knife combo for $90!  Will attach to any picitiny rail - on my XDM as of now, might put on M4 at some point!

Easy on, 1/2 turn elevation brought it to top of center post open sighted at 25 feet!  Should put it on paper soon as I get some range time!  First shot is on rail and the second is on the wall at 15 feet inside, daylight at the casa- told the wife to touch the switch, place dot on scumbag and hold on tight and keep squeezing till said scumbag stops flinching!
2012 Silverado LTZ - Duramax
Christian since 1975 - Field Trial Brittanys - NRA Lifetime Member

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline KensAuto

• Global Moderator
  • My abuser is named Nate
    • View Profile
Re: Laser sight
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 09:17:33 PM »
Cool.
Shiny.
Must be a Man toy. I like it. :)
Underpaid and misunderstood since 2014

Offline Flyin6

• Head cook and bottle washer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 11:52:01 PM »
Stir up some dust in a big room and turn that thing on. I just want you to see what everyone else in the room can see. one v one, no worries, you get him, and contest is over. But if he has buddies, they know exactly where you are
Just a friendly FYI (Which you probably realized already)
Site owner    Isaiah 6:8, Psalm 91 
NSDQ      Author of the books: Distant Thunder and Thoren

Offline JR

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 12:45:58 AM »
Nice, wish the green ones were out as cheap as the red.
Retired LEO  Lifetime NRA+  Outcast in Calif

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BobbyB

• "You are not LaBeouf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 03:16:20 AM »
Stir up some dust in a big room and turn that thing on. I just want you to see what everyone else in the room can see. one v one, no worries, you get him, and contest is over. But if he has buddies, they know exactly where you are
Just a friendly FYI (Which you probably realized already)

Sometimes just turn the light off, there is enough dust in the air already. If you have to use it, it's like a light, use it, then move.
So, Bobby...being the calculating trained warrior NCO that you are.  Take the appropriate action, Execute!
your standard grunt level CQB is just putting rounds and rounds on scary stuff till it stops scaring you!

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 10:13:09 AM »
And I think I said it before. but the green light is much more damaging to the human and canine eyeballs. Green better for blinding an adversary than red

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 03:14:18 PM »
And I think I said it before. but the green light is much more damaging to the human and canine eyeballs. Green better for blinding an adversary than red

What about red to the eye followed by a smooth release of the sear?   Isn't that more damaging than green?  :o

"When you're dead, you don't know you're dead. Hence, dealing with this fact is not difficult. It is only hard for those still living around you.....It's the same when you're stupid."

Offline Flyin6

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 04:10:47 PM »

What about red to the eye followed by a smooth release of the sear?   Isn't that more damaging than green?  :o
Yes, I believe it might be!

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 01:28:12 AM »
Reminds me of something a guy I trained with used to say. "Y'all may laugh at the 9mm saying it lacks knockdown power but I promise you when you put it in their ocular cavity they won't know the difference"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

Offline cudakidd53

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 09:24:56 AM »
Finally got to the range yesterday to dial this rail laser in..........ohhhhh, it's nice, REAL nice!

After I did the opposite of the instructions to raise the elevation, it dialed in quickly and I was able to put eyes in the cranial area of the target. 

I found it easiest to focus on the projected dot and not the sites - it also lets you know immediately what bad habits you're falling into; dipping at the shot, jerking the trigger etc.  Tap on/off feature is nice too.

Once dialed in, it really enables you to shrink group size at greater distances and gives instant feedback on how steady you are etc.  If they go on sale like that again, I'll certainly snatch another one or two up - would be great CQ addition to the AR and it's really small and lite.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal