Hello Guest

Author Topic: chiropractor and Medicare  (Read 607 times)

Offline Bob Smith

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
chiropractor and Medicare
« on: November 13, 2015, 06:35:47 PM »
Well, went into my Chiropractor this afternoon to get an adjustment after jamming my head into the garage overhang while climbing the ladder washing my RV. Since I am of the Medicare age, the receptionist hands me a 3 page Federal form to fill out and lets me know the charge will be $45.00 for the adjustment and $45 dollars for the Medicare exam. But if I pay cash it will only be 40 bucks since no insurance or Medicare paperwork needs to be filled out, and no my deductible has not been met. The Medicare exam is nothing more than going over the 3 page questioner I would have had to fill out. $40.00 later I am out of there and feeling better.

So while you younger guys sit around complaining about the costs of government programs, remember us old guys have already paid what you are paying, plus we get to keep right on paying extra if we are using the programs. Don't know how it will play out in the end but  something has to be done.

Offline TexasRedNeck

• punching bag for moderator humor
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: chiropractor and Medicare
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 10:48:53 PM »
Bob. I'd find another chiropractor.  I'll write more when I get back to a keyboard. I've spent 28 years involved in the delivery of healthcare and the finance of it.

First. Laws of macro economics are immutable. Price fixing, which is what Medicare is, only serves to drive up costs and limit access to care.  The government dictates the reimbursement, which on average is only 86% of the cost of delivering care. When physicians get only 86% of the cost to deliver care they increase what they charge commercial insurance customers.   The cost of private insurance is 30% higher than it should be because it has to cover the shortfall of Medicare and Medicaid.

If your chiro gave you a discount for cash as a Medicare patient they were gaming you. . 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Kids today don't know how easy they have it. When I was young, I had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet to change the TV channel.

Joshua 6:20-24

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal